Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2024, 18:07   #811
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Kudos to Tata for such most complex and comprehensive product ever in Indian automotive market. Diesel/Petrol/EV all at the same time, that too, all of them are fully loaded with technology. I really like the front end design similar to the Safari/Harrier. Look at this for a small C/SUV:

- powered tail gate with gesture control
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- flush door handles
- 12.3-inch touchscreen
- digital driver display
- panoramic sunroof
- reclining rear seat
- ventilated front seats
- 6 airbags
- Level 2 ADAS, ESC
- Disc brakes on all four wheels
- TPMS, 360-degree camera, electronic parking brake with auto-hold function.
- mood lighting
- 9 speaker JBL Audio!
- Powertrain looks best or on par in segment starting from 118hp.
- 7 speed DCA - First in an Indian manufacturer and in a Diesel!

If and only if Tata ironed out all the niggles and issues from the start, I bet on Tata this time! I really wish all the good luck to Tata.

Last edited by sgmuser : 7th August 2024 at 18:07. Reason: typo
sgmuser is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 18:57   #812
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

If the floor height is manageable, and the rear seat comfortable, this looks like a winner!

Felt the Creative 45 is sufficient for my needs - has everything that I would have wanted except for auto-folding mirrors. If there is a way to have after-market fitment of the auto-folding mirrors (possibly using the OE Tata parts), I would be sorted!
qaqa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 19:08   #813
Distinguished - BHPian

First look video, rear headroom seems a compromise for the tall!

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 19:26   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzer View Post
It appears to be a faulty lamp. In the launch event you can see the guy rushing to the car to turn the lights off. Such nice products from TATA, but still quality niggles (if this in indeed faulty)

Exactly at : 1:57:35

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=UMETScr68fA&t=7055s
It is the cornering light function, where based on the direction in which the steering is turned, that respective side of the fog lamp would turn on. Both fog lamps would turn off when the steering is aligned to the centre. If you observe carefully, the wheels are slightly turned to the right and hence only the right side fog lamp has lit up. Have this feature in our Nexon EV Max too and its a part of the auto headlamp mode.
sachinshastry is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 20:22   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
If the floor height is manageable, and the rear seat comfortable, this looks like a winner!

Felt the Creative 45 is sufficient for my needs - has everything that I would have wanted except for auto-folding mirrors. If there is a way to have after-market fitment of the auto-folding mirrors (possibly using the OE Tata parts), I would be sorted!
Word to the wise.

Do not even think about any electrical modification in a Tata ev. They will void warranty in an instance. Tata is really stringent about this. And Tata cars will have niggles for sure. Especially early batches. Get the variant which fulfills all your essential needs.
harry10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 21:54   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Curvv EV Press Release

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215109_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215125_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215135_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215146_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215157_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215206_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215217_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-smartselect_20240807215226_drive.jpg

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-screenshot_20240807215035_drive.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 22:44   #817
BHPian

Any idea if this new ‘ATLAS’ platform supports AWD or not? For me that has been the biggest miss in Tata’s whole lineup.
Aakash118 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 22:49   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I see Nexon EV, and by extension, Punch EV getting a serious price cut or hefty discounts soon.
Nope, says Shailesh Chandra. There is enough gap.

ashutoshb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 22:55   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevator View Post
Where can we find 70kwh+ DC fast charging in India? is there any app which helps to check how many chargers are currently available in India?

Also, Please confirm my understanding, DC charger with 60KW shares the load between two guns, so if two cars being charged at the same time then car would be charging at 30KW load, right?
Hi ! Apps like Plugshare and eHub by MG can help you find chargers from different operators across India, and are very helpful while planning long trips. Also, Tata has developed an inhouse app as well for the same. You can find the charger rating as well on these apps. Shell and a few other operators have a few 120kW chargers across India.

And yes, if there are two charging guns and both are in use, then the charging speed gets halved, irrespective of the power used by the other charging gun. For eg, if you have two charging guns rated at a total of 120kW, and even if one gun is charging at 30kW, the other one will charge at 60kW only.
AlphaKiloPapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 23:00   #820
BHPian

Feels like a winning product at a stellar pricing!
HartBandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 23:09   #821

The interior of the Curvv clearly shows this is indeed a Creta Minus product. The interior space is very nexon like and would not likely win over any competitor in this front.

The pricing is the key now considering the extensive part sharing and shared development cost with Nexon(it's hard to believe the Curvv is based on an all new platform but the x1 shows its face wherever it could in the interior) . If TATA prices it well enough that would make the customer overlook the interior space, then this would sell well and probably create a new sub-segment between sub 4 m and 4.3 m SUV segments.

The new Creta is a beast now in the segment doing numbers like Baleno. The Curvv might actually be positioned in a small white space and could scrape some of the sales from Creta, seltos etc while the segment leader is doing its things.

Just like every strong hero needs an equally strong villain, It might be the Sierra that would dare against the Creta.
Pikachu77 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 23:37   #822
BHPian

Had a look at Curvv.EV as well as Curvv ICE variant today at my nearest Tata dealership.

I must say, I'm impressed with its looks and rear reminded me of AMG GLC43 Coupe and BMW X4. Tata has made an impressive attempt by bringing the Coupe design within the budget of Rs.25L.

The claimed range of 585 Kms is icing on the cake though the realistic range would be 400-450 Kms, which is more than sufficient IMO. When I saw the display car, the car was charged at 60% and the range displayed was 311 Kms.

When I sat in the rear seat of Curvv.EV, I felt that the floor height is raised while I didn't find this issue in ICE variant. When I asked the SA, he said that the floor height is raised because of battery pack.

Also, the paint quality of the display vehicle felt bit rough as if it got painted and its a typical Tata issue.

I felt Tata should've introduced Dark edition as well in Curvv, which will be a looker.

Since I'm planning to replace my City iDTEC next year, this felt like a proper upgrade except for rear seat floor height. Apart from Curvv, I'm considering Creta/Seltos, Hyryder Hybrid as well.

But, I'm willing to wait for 6 months to 1 year to get this car due to being new launch from Tata. Hope, Tata will iron out the niggles by the time we purchase this car.

My go to variant in Curvv.EV is Accomplished+S since it has all bells and whistles I wanted except for ventilated seats and 55kw will be my pick since the car will travel at least 200-300 Kms to and fro sometimes.

The OTR for Empowered+A is Rs.26.6L while Accomplished+S costs Rs.24L.

Also, my friend is also planning to get one replacing his 2018 Celerio AMT though he owns both MGs, i.e, Hector and ZS EV though Curvv.EV will be his second EV at home.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 7th August 2024 at 23:39.
car_guy1998 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 23:57   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
The current 1.5 turbo diesels of Mahindra, Tata, Hyundai & Kia are all SCR BS6 diesels. They don't need adblue.
Cars using SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) require AdBlue to reduce NOx emissions.

Tata Motors uses a slighty different technology known as LEAN NOx TRAP (LNT) which uses NOx ADSORBERS to control NOx (Nitrogen Oxides) emissions for lean burn Petrol and Diesel Engines.

The adsorbers, which are incorporated into the catalyst washcoat, chemically bind NOx during lean engine operation. When the adsorber capacity is saturated, the system is regenerated during a period of rich engine operation, and the released NOx is reduced to nitrogen (N2) over the catalyst.

This why vehicles using LNT technology are asked to perform "PARK REGEN" when the engine is made to IDLE at a higher R.P.M to regen the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). The other method is to drive the vehicle at 60 - 80 Kmph is 3rd gear. The rich air-fuel mixture reduces NOx to N2 (Nitrogen) over the catalyst.

SCR uses DEF while LNT uses DPF

Besides SCR and LNT there is one more method to reduce the NOx emissions which is known as iEGR (INTELLIGENT EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION) which is a patented technology developed by ASHOK LEYLAND.
Adorablejim is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 00:11   #824

Yo, so I've been having a bunch of problems with my TATA Nexon EV MAX, and the battery replacement was the worst. It made me realize that I'm not really into first-generation products because they're not always reliable. And now TATA Curvv is coming out with even more tech that sounds like it's just asking for trouble.

I wish TATA and Mahindra would just give us some solid, dependable cars like Toyota.

So, I decided to get a BYD Atto 3. My buddy who works there told me to hold off for the BYD M6, which is like a facelift of the BYD e6 (bookings are closed for that one). It's supposed to come out in September.
vatsal_makadia is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2024, 01:51   #825
BHPian

I saw this below first look impression of the Diesel Curvv today and man this car has presence, it looks great in the flame red color and the interior color combination and design screams premium. Not a fan of the capacitive buttons, but overall the Curvv definitely has the "WOW" factor. The design is slightly overdone and the piano black on the exterior might be a pain to maintain, yet the itch to buy a diesel manual Curvv is strong. Seems like the ICE versions will be a runaway hit if priced right.

The Video is in Tamil but still makes for a great watch to see the details.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th August 2024 at 01:58.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks