Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2024, 13:22   #601

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxworld View Post
Not sure if Curvv.ev_Saleskit_v3.pdf is prepared by Tata or their dealers but a comparison to other sorted EV models such as ZS EV or Atto3 and ICE models like Creta, Seltos, Hyrider looks childish and immature, and at some places fabricated.
On the other hand I find it concise and to the point, believe it or not but this is the type of marketing that will get customers towards your product.

Granted tata has omitted what the creta and seltos have to offer over the curvv (because its not their job to advertise the other cars of course )

In a few lines tata has cleverly summarized all the USPs of the curvv and what the curvv brings to the segment without going in circles about it like they did with the nexon.

I think more manufacturers should do this personally. Keep things concise cut the snarky remarks and give us a list of what your car has to offer over the others.
Spectral189 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 14:54   #602

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
For the Ev,
I speculate there will be 3 trims
1- Mid variant (loaded but no panoramic sunroof, smaller screen, smaller wheels?)
Price- 16.99 Lakh Ex showroom

2- Top Variant (loaded to the brim- ventilated seats, pano sunroof, all smart car features,etc.)
Price- 18.99 Lakh

3- Top variant Plus ( ADAS?)
Price- 19.99 Lakh

There is no need to charge too much premium over Nexon EV as its mostly based on it?
If it goes into 21-22lakh+ range, it will be a bit harder to sell.

I have assumed there will only be Long range version.

That is way too optimistic.. this was how nexonEV 3.0 LR was priced. I do not expect them to give ADAS, powered seats and tailgate for anything less than 23-24L.

Some auto journalist said that there will be a non-screen curvv base variant
They might start low.. but will keep things on higher side with all these features.

CurvvLR - everything minus ADAS, powered tailgate, powerer seat and may be 1-2 more would be around 21L
Add these and you reach that 23-24L bracket.

but I would agree that they should not compete with Atto3 on pricing given that atto is CBU.
pranavjindal999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 14:55   #603

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
A generic question regarding all Coupe style cars:

Looking at the pictures, the rising belt line makes the rear glass very small when seen from driver's seat. Will it not hinder the rear view in the IRVM for the driver? The rear view camera seems to be a mandatory accessory for this body style.
Definitely, It will.
When the real pictures are out, which I believe is the top end model, I noticed that there is no center headrest. I feared it was one of the cost-cutting methods and TATA is going the same old way of launching the product.

From a safety perspective, I think they left it out intentionally to improve the IVRM view due to the rising belt and sloped roof line.

But, when the rear bench is fully occupied, A rear view camera would be a great help. It would be great if they can provide it.
Nano45 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 18:45   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
What's wrong with the comparison? I think by now Tata has come a long way in making better personal vehicles and winning discerning customers starting with original Nexon and more so later with Harrier (and similarly Mahindra). Creta and Seltos mentioned in the list are poor in crash safety compared to stellar build quality of Tata/Mahindra cars, not only in terms of on paper ratings but also in real life. So, that alone may be reason enough for many to ditch them for these domestic companies, let alone other factors.
I got @linuxworld wrong earlier, I thought he meant to say Tata/curvv is not worth comparing to those other rivals. I realize that he was actually commenting on the content in those pdfs (which I didn't look into previously, thinking they are the same as thumbnail images shared in the same post). Yes, it does look a bit too much, but then that is how a good sales job is supposed to be! Also, it is clearly meant for their internal training rather than to be directly consumed by end customers.

Last edited by santosh.s : 27th July 2024 at 18:50.
santosh.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 19:25   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
The Silent Summit to Sandakphu ft. TATA Curvv.ev​ teaser , looks hot!!
Tata EV
I guess I have to take back my words as well!

The car looks awesome, especially that rear end! The front still seems a bit too bulky but not too bad. The only gripe is those alloy wheels. They don't do justice to the design of the car.

Apart from that looks swell!
ItsMeTheCarBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 21:05   #606
BHPian

Another crowd puller from Tata, but what about the reliability and ASS!
Old 27th July 2024, 21:19   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard_storme View Post
Reliability is a hit or miss with both Indian manufacturers as they keep embedding complex technologies into their cars to keep pace or stay ahead of their international counterparts.

Coming to expansion of service centres, Martin Uhlarik mentioned that expansion of service centres is not happening in comparison with the exponential growth of sales of their cars as they are not able to find right partners. Hence they have increased the number of bays at the current locations. Also there is a severe pressure to churn out more number of job cards that is leaving a pressure on the mechanics and service advisors. Being an owner of a TATA Nexon EV noticed that they are packed and job quality has dropped very much.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 21:44   #608
BHPian

Quote:
With Tata.EV stores coming up in major cities like the ones in NCR. The ASS quality is bound to improve. Coming to reliability, it is a hit and miss with all manufacturers but TATA is very supportive of EV owners by providing quick warranty approvals.
ferrarirules is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 21:50   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavjindal999 View Post
That is way too optimistic.. this was how nexonEV 3.0 LR was priced. I do not expect them to give ADAS, powered seats and tailgate for anything less than 23-24L.

Some auto journalist said that there will be a non-screen curvv base variant
They might start low.. but will keep things on higher side with all these features.

CurvvLR - everything minus ADAS, powered tailgate, powerer seat and may be 1-2 more would be around 21L
Add these and you reach that 23-24L bracket.

but I would agree that they should not compete with Atto3 on pricing given that atto is CBU.
I think Curvv EV will be priced very aggresively because:

1. They launched Nexon EV at almost 21 L OTR for the top variant but it didnt find enough takers at that price so the car is currently available for less than 19L OTR after discount.

2. There isnt additional taxation for 4 m plus EVs so increase in the price over Nexon.ev will be only due to additional input cost towards extra features and dimensions.

3. I think they will make the price correction for Nexon EV with the launch of Curvv EV equivalent to the discount they are offering currently.

4. In a larger picture, Curvv ICE/EV both need to be priced aggresively because this segment is very competitive for the ICE car and EV market is going through a global slump.

Last edited by 46TheDoctor : 27th July 2024 at 21:51.
46TheDoctor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 22:03   #610

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
I think Curvv EV will be priced very aggresively because:

1. They launched Nexon EV at almost 21 L OTR for the top variant but it didnt find enough takers at that price so the car is currently available for less than 19L OTR after discount.

2. There isnt additional taxation for 4 m plus EVs so increase in the price over Nexon.ev will be only due to additional input cost towards extra features and dimensions.

3. I think they will make the price correction for Nexon EV with the launch of Curvv EV equivalent to the discount they are offering currently.

4. In a larger picture, Curvv ICE/EV both need to be priced aggresively because this segment is very competitive for the ICE car and EV market is going through a global slump.
I hope you're right and they do serious price cuts in current line up in EVs.
I'm looking forward to buying curvv ev top end.

But major price cuts are hard to do instantly on whole lineup. Recent buyers will feel cheated.
Old 27th July 2024, 22:23   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Reliability is a hit or miss with both Indian manufacturers as they keep embedding complex technologies into their cars to keep pace or stay ahead of their international counterparts.

Coming to expansion of service centres, Martin Uhlarik mentioned that expansion of service centres is not happening in comparison with the exponential growth of sales of their cars as they are not able to find right partners. Hence they have increased the number of bays at the current locations. Also there is a severe pressure to churn out more number of job cards that is leaving a pressure on the mechanics and service advisors. Being an owner of a TATA Nexon EV noticed that they are packed and job quality has dropped very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
With Tata.EV stores coming up in major cities like the ones in NCR. The ASS quality is bound to improve. Coming to reliability, it is a hit and miss with all manufacturers but TATA is very supportive of EV owners by providing quick warranty approvals.
I see two contrasting replies here. Adding newer models is fun but what TATA needs is a wholesale reboot of its entire ASS network.
Old 28th July 2024, 00:12   #612

Some points as shared by trainee of Curvv program as follows:
- The new software will provide status of charging points on the route( RED= down, GREY = under maintenance, YELLOW - occupied, GREEN = available)
- The Snapdragon processor
- Same steering as Harrier/Safari
- Better interior quality compared to Nexon
- 3 New colors in EV (Sunshine, Gold, White in top-end variant) there will be two white colors and rest regular colors
- SA was confident about 55kwh battery pack but not sure if it's LR or MR!
- Faster charging compared to Nexon. They mentioned something like 0-100% in 25 minutes, but I dont believe it as they had no technical details to confirm it.
elevator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 00:32   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
After Curvv launches, Nexon EV LR will be unworthy as taxation is the same as they plan to launch Curvv in 40 & 55kw battery options. In this context Nexon EV LR will be seen as a pricy variant and hence it will be worthwhile scrapping this battery variant and continue only in 30kw option. This is because in the 40kw variant which I own, the increased floor height causes passenger inconvenience.

Quote:
I see two contrasting replies here. Adding newer models is fun but what TATA needs is a wholesale reboot of its entire ASS network.
Nothing much contrasting reply. He hopes that with EV exclusive workshops the ICE workshops will be less burdened and service quality improves.

I put forward the question to the service advisor here and he said opening exclusive EV workshops will not be viable till couple of batches of EV go out of warranty as they will not give much revenue till they are in warranty. Once they notice significant revenue in EVs will they step forward. That is why they are reluctant to invest in exclusive EV workshops. So as per his opinion, they will be slow to setup and only after another 2 years till 2026 or so.

Last edited by DRPSREDDY : 28th July 2024 at 00:35.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 00:32   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Vivek says Kerala has the largest penetration of EVs in India at 40%!
100% agreeing to this. For last 2 weeks I am driving between Kochi and Kottayam frequently and I am watching countless EVs from the likes of Comets, Tiago EVs, Punch EVs, Nexon EVs, C3 EVs, 4OOs, ZS EVs, Atto 3s, Seals, Merc, BMW, Audi, etc. Delhi my second home with all sort of NGT crap don't have this many EVs
myavu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 01:33   #615
Senior - BHPian

Like mentioned before, I was looking for an EV as a secondary city car. Requirements are - budget around 20-25L, mid-size so that it is neither too small compromising space and comfort nor too big for congested roads and parking's, best overall package of premiumness, 5-star safety, features, ride and handling balance etc. possible within the budget. I care a lot about low NVH/silent cabin too, but it is a given thing for any EV I believe. So, Tata cars were obviously high on the list. I rejected Nexon EV because it's floor felt too raised to accommodate battery in an ICE platform which resulted in low seat height and compromised thigh support (somewhat like typical 3rd row seats). Punch EV was their first car on ev platform, but it was too small for rear passengers and interior felt not so good unlike Nexon. Therefore, I decided to rather wait till festive season, by when more launches are expected, including more cars based on Tata's ev platform. Looks like the decision was good because Curvv seems like hell of a car at this price point, it fits my bill very well. It is filled to the brim with features (you name it and it has it! How nicely and reliably they work is to be seen though). It should be a much better option as compared to existing Nexon EV, especially if price difference is not much. I am excited to own one, and don't feel like waiting further for other options that different auto makes are bound to offer in due course of time. I do have some concerns though about Tata's fit and finish, quality and reliability, service. But I guess I am ready to take that risk and hope for the best. Won't mind if it means some niggles here and there occasionally, which get resolved without much trouble. But if it turns out to be something nagging, recurring and irritating over long run, then obviously it is going to be a bad choice.

Last edited by santosh.s : 28th July 2024 at 01:54.
santosh.s is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks