Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2024, 09:55   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
The car looks so smashing if you ask me. It's nice to see TATA experimenting boldly. A diesel DCT would be a killer combo if true. Can't wait to see it on our roads.

Also, interesting to note how the general opinion. even in this thread, have shaped up. From 'looks horrible' 'why tata' 'going to be a flop' to 'wow' 'looks crazy good' etc. Well done TATA, you've kept everyone busy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Contrary to earlier spy shots and images, this car looks impressive in actual pictures.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I was among those who felt "what a disproportionate looking crap!" when the renders and initial pics started to surface. Now, I am not sure if it has grown on me or the car actually looks great.

Citroen Basalt looked great from the pics but on road it looks unimpressive (like a lifted amaze)

Curv looked horrible from the pics but on road it looks much better.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 10:11   #557
BANNED

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh

Wow! Like the latest Nexon and the Harrier twins this one looks absolutely smashing and even more so than them, so much so that I am tempted to buy the EV version (despite EVs making zero sense to me personally and me being very vocal about it) and make it our second car for city drives exclusively, only things against it are Tata's fit and finish levels and the service experience, weather or not I will ignore all this and get one anyways remains to be seen, but the car is super high on desirability level, something which the owner will look twice or thrice after parking it.
This is one such launch which is polar opposite of something like Elevate which was always destined to be below average or a market dud, not because it is a bad car but because it is overall nothing special at all, this on the other hand has 50% chances of being a smashing hit with 7-10k numbers per month, but on the other hand the market can just outright reject it and it might not even average 1k a month, its fate is something that remains to be seen.
Old 26th July 2024, 10:25   #558
BHPian

All said and done, and quite ironic I'd say, its takes the ever reliable Toyota to pamper the passengers, and the tough Mahindra to haul the heavy stuff.

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv Petrol launched at Rs. 10.00 lakh-untitled.jpg

Not to take any credit away from Tata, that's a clean, well-proportioned design. Hope, they come up with a Diesel DCT.
Losing Mr. Bose is a win for Tata and a loss for Mahindra, I'd say.

Last edited by jeeva : 26th July 2024 at 10:26.
jeeva is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 10:48   #559
BANNED

Going by what I see in the video, I would like to put my thoughts across in few crisp points -

1. Yes, I agree with all of you that the design looks SOO much better now in this video.

2. Tata Motors is amazing. Back in 2010, I used to say that if Tata gives us products as good or better than Honda City, i20, etc then why would we buy anything else but Tata. I think the sheer commitment to doling out topnotch products with so much "newness" for customers is just commendable.

But they do have a long way to go. I am saying this because I have expectations from Tata. Not because their products are inferior to competition (they are not). The expectation of being better and better comes from a place of Love.

3. The rear looks like this car will be bouncy around corners and maybe in high speeds too. I hope they have given us suspension ala Citroen here (or better).

4. They are advertising the Curvv.EV drive to Sandakphu. Does that have a message for us customers on -
a. a range longer than we are expecting?
b. Tata's deliberate increase in charging infra in such mountain areas?

5. A point on AWD and suspension - if they are showing us the car being driven on such rough terrain, does that mean it will be an AWD with really good suspension?

A lot remains to be seen and experienced. But, thank you TATA motors for giving us "something different". Whether it is a good car or not remains to be seen. By that I purely mean engine, suspension tune, transmission tune and chassis. Make me smile like I am in a Ford Fiesta or a Fiat Linea..or almost as much as that.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th July 2024 at 12:03. Reason: Removed unwanted reference.
sjain2054 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 10:51   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post

In this picture the golden colored curvv really looks sharp and elegant. As the car was on shoot there, In coming days, we get to see a teaser of this ICE ver. too.
TheStoryweaver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 11:04   #561
BHPian

Having seen a test car doing rounds here in Pune for Basalt, I feel the Curvv looks much better. Curvv has that bulky appeal which the Basalt was lacking, to be honest I initially thought of it as a Dzire before I reached closer.

The Curvv Dark Edition would be on the cards for a later date and it would be the color to pick along with this new Blue shade. Good work Tata .
Old 26th July 2024, 11:06   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Going by what I see in the video...
5. A point on AWD and suspension - if they are showing us the car being driven on such rough terrain, does that mean it will be an AWD with really good suspension?
Even I had the same expectations looking at the teaser videos on undulating surfaces, steep climbs etc., but if you look closely in the Sandakphu video (2:40 time onwards), there is a U-Turn where the Curve.EV is struggling to climb with the front wheels spinning, and then they reverse it and drive it up on a different approach line, and it finally climbs that part in just FWD. So, I think that like Harrier.EV or Safari.EV or even Siera.EV, which are expected to get AWD variants, the Curve.EV will just be a bigger brother of the pseudo SUVs with just FWD, like in the Tiago NRG, Punch and Nexon!

But, if they do surprise us with a Curvv.EV AWD, that will be a wonderful surprise.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 26th July 2024 at 11:11.
AdityaDeane is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 11:21   #563
Senior - BHPian

I guess, battle of the better behind has been won by the Curvv comfortably.

ashutoshb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 11:54   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
All said and done, and quite ironic I'd say, its takes the ever reliable Toyota to pamper the passengers, and the tough Mahindra to haul the heavy stuff.
In Tata's defence, the contractors/ sub contractors for shooting and logistics end up using the vehicles that suit them, but this present condition is my pet peeve with TATA.

In their effort to be as far away from their former taxi / lorry image, they have ended up with pure 'personal' vehicles. None of their present vehicles can be used as work horses or used as fleet vehicles. Pity for a manufacturer that launched India's first lifestyle pickup trucks (Tatamobile or Xenon depending on what one is looking) and introduced India to UVs (Sumo) that could also be used as personal vehicles.
DicKy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 12:04   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
In Tata's defence, the contractors/ sub contractors for shooting and logistics end up using the vehicles that suit them, but this present condition is my pet peeve with TATA.

In their effort to be as far away from their former taxi / lorry image, they have ended up with pure 'personal' vehicles. None of their present vehicles can be used as work horses or used as fleet vehicles. Pity for a manufacturer that launched India's first lifestyle pickup trucks (Tatamobile or Xenon depending on what one is looking) and introduced India to UVs (Sumo) that could also be used as personal vehicles.
They have a platform and a BS6 diesel (Yodha). If they are willing to spend money to upgrade both, there can be a body-on-frame UV, pickup and what not.
Old 26th July 2024, 12:23   #566
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
They have a platform and a BS6 diesel (Yodha). If they are willing to spend money to upgrade both, there can be a body-on-frame UV, pickup and what not.
(Sigh) But looks like they have swore themselves off BoF vehicles (PVs).

Also the BS6 2.2l in the Yodha and Winger are heavily detuned ones, making some 99-100bhp and less torque than some sub 4m CUVs. Not really work done to make the engine BS6 spec.
Old 26th July 2024, 12:23   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Are the last 2 cars upcoming Harrier and Safari EVs?.
Those are Curvv ICE versions. You can see the radiator grills instead of blanks.

Here is the production version of
DevD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 12:32   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
The Silent Summit to Sandakphu ft. TATA Curvv.ev​ teaser , looks hot!!
THIS is fantastic marketing indeed. They have showcased it perfectly and created an aura around the car. This should generate plenty of interest and footfall around the product. To the advertising team : consider it Mission Accomplished!

The only thing I didnt like in the ad was the fake eagle, but then that is nitpicking. Everything else is super awesome.
SithDefender is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 12:44   #569
Senior - BHPian

I think Tata has done something right here, with the Curvv, the whole Coupe SUV styling. I mean the default choice in this segment is the Creta or the Seltos. So even if Tata had launched a brilliant competitor to these cars with a traditional Cross over / SUV silhouette, it would have still been mighty difficult to make inroads in to the Creta / Seltos. The Curvv therefore creates a new identity on its own from day one, with customers being super curious and interested in this new body styling. As a product, i think it has all fundamentals spot on, since its more or less based on the successful Nexon ( which has become way better in its latest iteration and sort of beats the Koreans consistently).
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 12:49   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

Citroen Basalt looked great from the pics but on road it looks unimpressive (like a lifted amaze)
Exactly.
I have seen Basalt up close multiple times on the roads of Chennai, and it doesn't have the road presence to turn heads. It couldn't kindle the curiosity of the general public.

The wow factor when you see it in pics isn't there when you see it on the road.
Sudarshan_N is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks