Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2024, 23:24   #391
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh

So, the jacked up sedan stance with sedan like window line and glossy black panels on wheel arches are in the production variant?? Especially the pre-prod's rear wheels looked like they're on leaf springs similar to some pick ups . Basalt's design is much more palatable IMHO.
Old 19th July 2024, 08:51   #392
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavjindal999 View Post
Curvv needs to have all they advertised for Acti.ev (online Punch.ev which is Pseudo Acti.ev, and not making use of anything they advertised)

LR should be 55-60Kwh
11Kw ACFC
60-80Kw DFC
The real range should touch 400Km
ADAS needs to compete with ZS (should be level 2 with Radar)
Real OTA updates to BMS/Firmware

And the most important - No HVC errors!

All other bells and whistles are now common!
Agreed. They will soon have some serious competition in this segment from Maruti, Toyota, Mahindra, Hyundai and Kia. I would rather wait for the competition to arrive than take the plunge with this one. I think curvv ev's pricing will be aggressive unlike Punch ev and Nexon ev.
Old 19th July 2024, 09:44   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk302 View Post
Agreed. They will soon have some serious competition in this segment from Maruti, Toyota, Mahindra, Hyundai and Kia. I would rather wait for the competition to arrive than take the plunge with this one. I think curvv ev's pricing will be aggressive unlike Punch ev and Nexon ev.
Cars are not life time assets as before and you will maintain them for average period of 6-8 years. They are more or less the same in giving you a service and Tata QC maybe a few steps behind but not the level of dismissing them altogether. Yes life is hits and misses and Tata is too not an exception. I don't think you can simply hold on for something in anticipation of something better. Many people held their cheque books in anticipation that Jimny would be better than Thar. But the reverse happened.

There is no wrong in taking the plunge and with evolving technology and advent of new innovations, you can't guarantee that things will be worthwhile holding your horses. After all most of the middle class life is just a flat and 5 cars in his earning lifetime. You will not miss or regret them. Until competition really shows something worthwhile it is still a couple of years away.
DRPSREDDY is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 09:54   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk302 View Post
True. Maruti/Toyota and guess the Korean EV's are from a skateboard EV platform rather than an ICE converted one.
Old 19th July 2024, 09:56   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Cars are not life time assets as before and you will maintain them for average period of 6-8 years. They are more or less the same in giving you a service and Tata QC maybe a few steps behind but not the level of dismissing them altogether. Yes life is hits and misses and Tata is too not an exception. I don't think you can simply hold on for something in anticipation of something better. Many people held their cheque books in anticipation that Jimny would be better than Thar. But the reverse happened.

Unlike previous EVs from Tata, this one will have serious competition from its rivals. Maruti-Toyota will be using the superior blade battery tech of BYD. Hyundai will have Creta name to its EV. Tata for the first time will face some real competition with the curvv.Any niggles or errors in curvv will only help its rivals. If the curvv fails, it is over for Sierra ev as well. Tata better go all guns blazing with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
True. Maruti/Toyota and guess the Korean EV's are from a skateboard EV platform rather than an ICE converted one.
MS-Toyota is a skateboard platform.Creta I believe will be similar to Tata's ICE to EV conversion.

Last edited by Rahulk302 : 19th July 2024 at 10:19.
Rahulk302 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 09:57   #396
BHPian

Tata Curvv ICE revealed/leaked before launch

Few Observations:
1. Gets Smart Door handles like XUV700
2. Safari's Cosmic Gold to be offered with Curvv also
3. Gets 18" Alloys which look very aftermarket
4. To get both Petrol and Diesel

Last edited by sharmanova : 19th July 2024 at 10:00.
sharmanova is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 10:24   #397
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey all. I was checking the insta handle of tata.ev and the unveil shall happen at around 2 o clock.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh-img_2300.png  

TheStoryweaver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 10:27   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
Honestly looks like Nexon Coupe version. I would still wait to see it in flesh before judging it. But just from the pics/reveal-video it doesn’t look as good as Basalt.

Last edited by SoumenD : 19th July 2024 at 10:29.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 10:50   #399
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharmanova View Post
https://Youtu.be/qlgTIsV-HuY?si=HcWWNZfsIhXMbbCy
My observations-
  • Only camera based ADAS. That means none of the rear ADAS features available.
  • Tata's still can't get the wiper bit right. LH wiper still sticks out. Maybe its my OCD, but I like the view outside windshield completely unobstructed.
  • Illuminated door handle (although small) is a nice touch. Will make it easier to spot in pitch black.
  • As of now the Citroen Basalt looks very good and Curvv still looks haphazard to me. Will need to see if it grows in person.
  • I had seen a few quibbing about alloy design. I like it.
  • Look closely and you would notice driver side ORVM takes longer time to open than passenger side. Come on Tata, you need to iron out such inconsistencies before the global reveal!
Name:  curvv mirror.png
Views: 177
Size:  90.6 KB

EDIT- Tata has now removed the video! Someone from Tata keenly observes TBHP I guess!
Attached Images

Last edited by 07CR : 19th July 2024 at 11:19.
07CR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 11:41   #400
BHPian

So both ICE & Ev versions will be unveiled today as per Tata motors
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh-img_8577.jpeg  

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh-img_8575.png  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 12:21   #401
Senior - BHPian

Sleek and butch, I like their effort to stand out.
Old 19th July 2024, 13:14   #402
Senior - BHPian

It would be a shame if this did not come with a AWD and a Torque converter Automatic for the Diesel.

All those Ladakh-Leh pictures/videos and if it only comes with Front wheel drive, it would be a shame!
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 13:48   #403
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there's a live launch

Last edited by shortbread : 19th July 2024 at 14:09.
Old 19th July 2024, 14:04   #404
BHPian

While it is natural for people to be talking about the Nexon similarities, i wonder why nobody sees the massive similarity with the silhouette of the erstwhile Tata Zest. Actually take a Tata Zest, mod up the front end with nexon bits, upsize the tyres and Voila... you get a vehicle which will look very similar to the Curvv.

Hope the pricing is competitive so that the proposed 'Creta' contender does not go down without a fight.
SAE40 in veins is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2024, 14:12   #405
BHPian

Does anyone have the link of the live telecast? Checked all the social media handles of TATA, TATA.ev but they haven't shared the link.

Edit: @PrasunBannerjee is right. The journalists were called to UK on July 16th to check out the Curvv. Attaching Sirish's post for reference. Can we assume that even Team-BHP was also invited?

Scoop! Tata Curvv test mule spotted in India. EDIT: Curvv.ev launched at Rs. 17.49 lakh-img_20240719_142705.jpg

Last edited by sharmanova : 19th July 2024 at 14:33.
sharmanova is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks