Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 13:07   #1
BHPian

Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September

Looks like the Rumion is now set for a launch by September, according to Autocar India. Interestingly, this Indian-spec model sports a different front grille and alloy wheel design.

The new Rumion will retain the Ertiga’s 1.5L petrol mill that outputs 103hp and 137nm. A CNG version is also apparently on the cards.

Source: Autocar India

Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September-img_4041.jpeg

Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September-img_4042.jpeg

Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September-img_4043.jpeg
Arsenic is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 15:47   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Maruti Ertiga-based Toyota MPV launch in 2021

With the kind off premium they charge and being one of the top Automobile OEM in the world, it's sad that this is all they can do a for an important market like India. Customers are the one to lose due to lack of options !
Sk8r is online now   (27) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 16:04   #3

This Toyota launch will not be particularly interesting, in my opinion. I think the Suzuki and Toyota alliance can accomplish more than this. Toyota and Suzuki showrooms will not look different in the future.
Autonaut is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 16:18   #4
BHPian

The Suzuki - Toyota nexus is actually hurting our market I guess, with lack of innovation or healthy competition OR they are aspiring to create a Japanese monopoly across price bands and segments. Toyota could have easily brought in many of their global products to India than rebadging.
enj0y_ride is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 16:22   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
Looks like the Rumion is now set for a launch by September, according to Autocar India. Interestingly, this Indian-spec model sports a different front grille and alloy wheel design.
This is the facelifted version launched in South Africa recently, it hasn't been changed just for the India-spec Model.

The slightly smaller grill is a direct lift from the pre-facelifted Innova Crysta,I wonder if Toyota India changed the face of the recent 2023 Crysta, just so that the Rumion could get it!
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September

Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September - Posts moved to a new thread.
Omkar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 17:34   #7
BHPian

when will this madness end?
Toyota is just diluting it's brand by rebadging Maruti products. The pure toyota products made the brand a vaunted name in Indian autos sector, this is plain...
gomzi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 18:04   #8
BHPian

This is not probably meant for India, but for export markets.
Old 7th July 2023, 22:59   #9
BHPian

Where is the Corolla cross 7 seater?? Wasn't that launching by the end of this year??
Old 8th July 2023, 00:32   #10
BHPian

I really don't understand the logic of introducing the Ertiga twin by Toyota so late into the product life. It is no secret that Suzuki is developing the new Swift due into production next year. The new Swift has to definitely spawn the next generation Dzire as well as the Ertiga. If so why does Toyota have to introduce its own version of the Ertiga which will only have a very short life span.

What had happened to the CIAZ-BELTA twins?
Old 8th July 2023, 10:38   #11
BHPian

I expected something like the Creta-Seltos siblings rather than one like Baleno-Glanza twins. A sizeable difference in looks would help differentiate the two products better. There's always going to be cars like these from partnering OE: Skoda-VW, Renault-Nissan.

All in all, this is happening. So, now Toyota has a long line of MPVs: Rumion, crysta, hycross, Vellfire. In a country that loves SUV, Toyota is betting big on MPV. Let's see how this pans out.

If you ask me, rebadged car is better than no car, right? Remember they announced there wasn't going to be new models? But hey, this is great news for people who love a Maruti car and Toyota service.

Last edited by Benoit : 8th July 2023 at 10:41.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 11:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
I really don't understand the logic of introducing the Ertiga twin by Toyota so late into the product life.
Same thing happened with previous gen Vitara Brezza. So much so, that even when new Brezza launched, Toyota continued to sell the old gen for quite some time.

I think same will happen now, that even after Maruti launches new gen Ertiga, Toyota will sell this current gen.

Instead of this aging vehicle, new Brezza or atleast XL7 (7 Seater version of XL6) should have made way to Toyota.
Old 9th July 2023, 08:58   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
I really don't understand the logic of introducing the Ertiga twin by Toyota so late into the product life. It is no secret that Suzuki is developing the new Swift due into production next year. The new Swift has to definitely spawn the next generation Dzire as well as the Ertiga. If so why does Toyota have to introduce its own version of the Ertiga which will only have a very short life span.

What had happened to the CIAZ-BELTA twins?
Ciaz is suffering with not so good sales due to her age, feature list compared to Honda City, Hyundai Verna and VW twins. I don’t think Toyota is going to bring their version of Ciaz as of now. In case Maruti decides to launch new generation Ciaz, only then I can think of rebadged Ciaz with Toyota logo.

Last edited by Bhalla : 9th July 2023 at 09:00. Reason: Correction
Old 9th July 2023, 12:25   #14
BHPian

Purely OT, but I just couldn't resist!

Le Toyota: We have offered our best selling MPV(Invicto) to slingshot you into the premium segment. Now it's time for us to claim our prize. Show us your latest and the greatest!

Le Suzuki: Sure! You can have our Ertiga.

Le Toyota:
Rumour: Ertiga-based Toyota Rumion MPV launch by September-images-87.jpeg

I just can't see why a world renowned brand like Toyota has to take this route to indulge in the Indian market. Even the Hycross kinda looks like there's a lot of Suzuki influence in it. What about the umpteen number of models that Toyota have in their international line-up. Is it that cost-prohibitive to bring them to our shores?
GKR9900 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 12:47   #15
BHPian

Honest question,

Why would I buy this? For the badge? Maruti sells the same product with a much larger service network. I can understand if it looked substantially different but this is just slapping on a badge.

Also why launch this? Toyota doesn't seem to be interested in manufacturing anyway. The Toyota iterations have huge waiting periods (40 months on some models) even though they are made on the same line as the maruti variants. It is clear that they are restricting thier own numbers while the maruti versions get preference.

None of this makes sense to me really. I would love for someone to explain in simple terms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks