Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 14:42   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Tata Tiago hits 5-lakh sales milestone

Tata Tiago hits 5 lakh sales milestone

Tata Tiago hits 5-lakh sales milestone-tiago.jpg

Tata Motors, India’s leading automobile manufacturer, today announced that the Tiago has achieved a significant milestone of 500,000 sales mark. The last 1 lakh units sold have come within a span of 15 months, which indicates its rising appeal to customers seeking a dynamic and comfortable driving experience. The celebration commenced with a symbolic roll-out at the Sanand facility in Gujarat, which is the home ground for the Tiago.

Over the years, the Tiago has bagged over 40 prestigious awards and earned immense popularity among numerous young and dynamic customers due to its appealing design, exceptional safety features, feature-rich interiors, and cutting-edge technology integration. The Tiago range comes in multiple powertrain options of Petrol, CNG & Electric. In addition, the Tiago NRG comes in an SUV inspired design with off-roading capabilities which is also available in both Petrol & CNG options. Tiago’s Net Promoter Score has received the highest rating of 51, which is a clear testament of the brand’s success.

Commenting on this milestone, Mr. Vinay Pant, Head-Marketing, Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd. said, “The Tiago has played a pivotal role in bolstering the popularity of our New Forever range since its launch. The Tiago has consistently surpassed expectations by offering discerning customers good styling, unrivaled safety standards, state-of-the-art technology, thereby reshaping the landscape of the hatch segment. Exceeding the momentous milestone of 500k sales mark is a resounding testament to Tata Motors’ unwavering commitment to excellence. We extend our sincerest gratitude to our esteemed customers for their continued interest. We are certain that the Tiago will continue to be crucial to the success of the New Forever range and the growth of the segment.”

The profile of Tiago buyers showcases its resonance with young and aspirational individuals, with an average buyer age of 35 years. 60% of Tiago’s sales come from urban markets and the remaining 40% from the rural markets, highlighting its broad appeal across different customer segments. Tiago has also witnessed a positive shift in female buyers, who contribute approximately 10% of its sales. Notably, Tiago has gained immense popularity among first-time car buyers, with 71% of its customers making their maiden car purchase in FY23.

Since its launch, Tiago has achieved several key milestones, embodying Tata Motors’ new design philosophy and paving the way for future models. In January 2020, Tiago received a 4-star safety rating from GNCAP, establishing itself as the safest hatch in its segment. With its fun and smart attributes, Tiago has become the go-to hatchback for young and fun-loving customers. Tata Motors takes pride in celebrating the achievement of over 5 lakh happy Tiago owners across the country and remains committed to further enhancing the Tiago brand.

Source

Last edited by wheelguy : 6th July 2023 at 14:46.
wheelguy is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 20:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago hits 5-lakh sales milestone

This goes to show what a nearly twenty five year old platform can achieve with a bit of clever re-engineering. And the fact that a well engineered platform from the very beginning can actually endure decades of customer retail, supporting different upper bodies or "top hats".
The Tiago and the Tigor are essentially the original 1998 and 1999 Indica and Indigo; with a new upper body and suitably strengthened bodyshell. The original Indica bodyshell was always designed for European standards of crash testing as the car had originally been planned for exports to Europe and UK. In fact for a short while the vehicle was retailed as the City Rover, before Rover folded up.

Kudos to TML for successfully leveraging a sound platform, including re-engineering it to spawn EV variants, and launch a modern product to achieve this retail landmark. This is one amortised platform which is indeed a money spinner and a credibility builder for TML in the entry hatch/sedan segment.

Let's hope the new generation Tiago/Tigor will continue to carry forward this legacy. With a BETTER and SMOOTHER petrol engine please, TML?

Last edited by arjab : 6th July 2023 at 20:15.
arjab is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 21:11   #3
BHPian

The Tiago is one of the cars responsible for kickstarting safety awareness in India. Before the Tiago Tata was nowhere, the Zest, Vista etc. were all flops. What this car has achieved is remarkable, it rescued the Tata brand from the grave, or at least kick started it. I remember that not even ten years back, no one would seriously consider any Tata or even bother to take a look at the showroom.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2023 at 08:24. Reason: Quoted post deleted. Thanks!
Doge is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 06:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just like all opinions, some of those expressed thus far have elements of individual perception.
The fact is that the Tiago is less refined than the Swift. But does it cause your body to rattle? Absolutely not.
The Tiago takes bad roads like a champ among the small cars. Does that mean Swift is uncomfortable ? Not quite. BTW my sister , who doesnt care to distinguish a Maruti from a Maserati, feels that my Tiago has a better ride quality than my Creta.

The Swift has the better reliability and service. Does that mean Tiagos break down all the time ? No way!
At the time of my Tiago purchase, my parents said they felt the Swift felt like the better built car. I did not spend too much time talking about GNCAP scores. They still cant believe the Tiago fared better than the Creta.

So lets enjoy our cars for what they are worth.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 7th July 2023 at 06:35.
fhdowntheline is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 07:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

A great news indeed. This car brought back Tata Motors and brought back customers to Tata showrooms. And considering her age, the facelifts have kept her still modern looking. I wonder when is the next generation coming up.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2023 at 08:25. Reason: Quoted post deleted. Thanks!
ashutoshb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 10:20   #6
BHPian

A great car, and I'm a proud owner! If only we could have it with an IMT or CVT, this would be even more perfect!
Kudos Tata, keep on surprising!
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 11:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

A great achievement indeed. The turnaround for Tata motors has been very heartening to see. Now only if they can do the same turnaround with their Service centers which they did for Sales it will be amazing.

I own the diesel one since last 5.5 years with 75k mileage. Got it for 6.6 lac at that time and it was the top model as well. Terrific vfm purchase. Except for few niggles which happens with almost all vehicles this has served us very well. I would like to keep it for 10 years+ but Sadly due to draconian 10 year law in NCR I might have to sell it when it reaches 7 years lifespan to get some resale value.

Last edited by harry10 : 7th July 2023 at 11:59.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 13:19   #8

Kudos to TATA Motors for achieving this milestone.

Although there is still a lot to be done, TML has been doing a pretty commendable job as of late in terms of regaining the trust and confidence of the people.

Now coming to the toast of the town - Tiago, it is a VFM proposition and that's why doing decent numbers every month. My experience with the car and the service centre has been good to date. The car never broke down in 3 years. It has seen all kinds of roads and touchwood it hasn't let me down or scraped its underbody ever (of course one needs to drive carefully on bad roads).

As a fellow BHPian said, the platform is well-engineered. The car feels composed and confident at high speeds and while cornering too. The mileage is decent, less than Swift and Ignis but better than i10. Good low-end torque aids in better pickup. Actually, sometimes I mess with my friends by telling them it's a diesel and a few of them actually seem to believe it because of the powerful pickup, vibrations at idle and of course a bit of harsh grunt from the engine when pushed hard.

A few things this car needs a smoother engine, any more sophisticated automatic than the jerky AMT and a little more refinement would be nice. TML should also work on the fit and finesse of plastics and panel gaps.
Let's see what TML has in store for next-gen Tiago.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th July 2023 at 06:05. Reason: Typos, spacing
Old 7th July 2023, 19:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Tata Tiago hits 5 lakh sales milestone. Tiago has become the go-to hatchback for young and fun-loving customers.
Source
Very happy to see this 5lakh sales milestone. Tiago is a VFM and a reliable product as well. I bought my Tiago in June 2016 and completed 60500kms+ in 7 years. The car served me very well.
I think timely updates, CNG and EV options have made the car even more popular.
gjnnbagal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 20:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is so heartening to see. Tiago is the car that started getting people back into TATA dealerships and its been a silent performer for them consistently YoY. Rest ofcourse is history now

Only today I was tailing a Tiago.EV & was wondering how gracefully the design has aged.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 20:39   #11
e46
BHPian

Took a test drive of a 6 months old pre owned Tiago XT last year, while shopping for our first car. Must say it gave a well put together solid car feel for its price.

Its a different matter, we didnt go ahead.
Old 8th July 2023, 05:33   #12
BHPian

Have a 2017 XZ diesel with me. It's about reach 47k and still going STRONG. It shares garage with a TUV300 and an elite i20 and I must say this is the best driver's car out of the lot. It has travelled on every kind of road and no roads. Still, I haven't faced a single rattle or a squeak so far (touchwood). Regarding service, it was a good experience for the first 3 services at Sagar motors. However, I wasn't satisfied with the fourth service done by then. After this, I started to visit Ayush motors sector -63 in Noida and the experience was really good. Now, Ayush motors has been taken over by Sagar motors but thankfully the service level hasn't gone down yet. It's just that you need to push them a little and they do listen to you. Talking about the performance of car, I have done some really silly numbers on the speedometer and the car still felt absolutely well planted and under control. It's really a wonderful chassis I must say. I'm a heavy footed driver most of the times and sometimes I'm just gunning it and still the lowest FE I have seen is 17+kmpl and the highest has been around 23kmpl. Even in city traffic I easily get anywhere between 19-21kmpl depending on the traffic. Well, it's one car which I would like to keep for a very long time but NGT babus wanted to justify their salary by taking some decisions whether sensible or not. Let's see how long I get to keep it. But, one thing is for sure, it's a lovely little car which feels like an all-rounder to me in its segment.
Bhupi_BHP is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks