Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 09:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia Carens recalled over digital instrument cluster glitch

Kia has recalled the Carens MPV in India over a potential software glitch that might affect the digital instrument cluster booting sequence.

Kia Carens recalled over digital instrument cluster glitch-2022kiacarens02.jpg

According to Kia, 30,297 units of the Carens manufactured between September 2022 and February 2023 could be affected by this issue. The carmaker will reach out to owners of the affected vehicles to notify them about the recall.

It is said that the instrument cluster in the affected cars may go blank due to the software error. As part of the recall campaign, these vehicles will be inspected and receive a software update to fix the issue.

This is not the first time that the Carens MPV has been recalled. Around 44,174 units were recalled to fix a potential issue with the airbag control unit software in October last year.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 10:39   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Kia Carens recalled over digital instrument cluster glitch

Good gesture by Kia, recalls and fixes are expensive and it's great to see they are committed to serving their customers, rather than keeping quiet on these issues.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 12:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Good gesture by Kia, recalls and fixes are expensive and it's great to see they are committed to serving their customers, rather than keeping quiet on these issues.
No doubt - good gesture to proactively accept a problem and roll out a bulk fix for customers. Always inspires confidence.

Although in this particular case, the cost aspect will be tiny. Its going to be just a software flash to resolve the issue.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 01:45   #4
BHPian

Yes, This is a good pro-active minor fix in addition to the recall that happened last year.

KIA, as a new player in the market should start plugging these issues right in the R&D stage. Hopefully more of this doesn't come up.

I believe they have been silently doing the software flush even before this update came out. When i enquired my SA about this, he checked and told my car was already updated in the last service which happened 4 months ago.
TN20CQ5187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 11:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

I just got the call from Kia regarding the Cluster Update. Apparently it will take an hour to 45 min for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks