Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2023, 16:17   #871
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post

If Elevate is built similarly, it'll find many takers. Features don't make a car.
You planted a big 'IF' in your statement. I do hope that Honda sticks to its older philosophy and engineering (ever lasting cars), however, going by some feedback in this forum as well as my circle, 4th gen City was a bit of a let down by Honda standards.
Hence, not sure if Honda can afford to be true to that philosophy (i.e., provide Honda level quality at competitive price), given cut throat competition in this segment.
Explorer... is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 16:27   #872
BHPian

I am yet to see a Honda fail it's owner in my circles.... Atleast 4 of them have bought Used Honda vehicles and they run like a charm even after 5 years and a Lakh of their ownership.

Most of other brands I know have had atleast some major issue during their life cycle.

Probably only a Toyota is probably on par with a Honda in terms of reliability and hassle free ownership experience.

Either ways, if someone values Features more, there are always options like Seltos but I know many who prefer long term reliability and a peace of mind that Honda cars provide.
Flash777 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 17:09   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
I am yet to see a Honda fail it's owner in my circles.... Atleast 4 of them have bought Used Honda vehicles and they run like a charm even after 5 years and a Lakh of their ownership.

Most of other brands I know have had atleast some major issue during their life cycle.

Probably only a Toyota is probably on par with a Honda in terms of reliability and hassle free ownership experience.

Either ways, if someone values Features more, there are always options like Seltos but I know many who prefer long term reliability and a peace of mind that Honda cars provide.
I have a hyundai (i10 2011 model) zero issues.,clocked 90k plus kms. Super easy to maneuver in city and I get 12 kmpl very easily. At the time I had test driven Jazz but couldn't connect well with it. I had to literally thump the A pedal to see it moving while i10 was gliding with part throttle.

I also have an Endy 2020 latest version a great car but not really meant for city. With over crowding I do often get DPF signal once in a while. Again zero issues with around 10 kmpl FE. Done just about 15K due to the pandemic mainly in city. Super convenient family car for long trips on highways.

In my family we have Maruti as their second car and Skoda as their primary car. No issues with them either.

I find rather strange to observe that with less than 2 percent market share which Honda has today, people owning Honda earlier are the ones who are in support for Elevate while others are sharing their thoughts as a buyer who are likely to shell their own hard earned money if it finally suits their needs as a purpose or as a desire.

How Elevate fares, time will tell. Before that we can get proper opinions and reviews that could inch the deal closer.
GuChDa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 18:39   #874
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

This was true for erstwhile Honda's of pre 2013. We had a Honda Amaze (2013), the car was spot on WRT engine, steering and gearbox with absolutely 0 issues. However, the interior was a sorry state of affair, with rattles all around, suspensions frequently wearing out, and a rather feeling of the car being built to a cost associated with it. If Honda dish out similar recipe with Elevate, it won't fare well for them, as Mechanically except Skoda/VW in this segment, all others are pretty well established.

Quote:
On the contrary I have been driving a Sonet (2 years) and Ecosport S TDCI for past 5 years now, and there's absolutely no rattles or any issue with interiors or on the mechanical front. IMO except VW/Skoda and Tata to an extent, almost all car makers in India in 2023, have been pretty much mechanically reliable.

I feel being mechanically reliable isn't any USP considering it's 2023 now (especially considering it's a NA engine with CVT GB)!

Last edited by 07CR : 31st July 2023 at 18:41.
07CR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 19:00   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Thanks. Also are the prices supposed too supposed to be announced tomorrow? Any scheduled date for the same?

Will clear out a lot of ifs and buts.
Price reveal - 2nd Sep
Dealership launch & TD - 22nd Aug
Motorhead23 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 19:33   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
Price reveal - 2nd Sep
Dealership launch & TD - 22nd Aug
Whoa! Reviews out on 1st Aug, and price reveal more than a month later. Honda seems to have a hell lot of confidence on their car!
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 20:48   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! Reviews out on 1st Aug, and price reveal more than a month later. Honda seems to have a hell lot of confidence on their car!
Based on the info from our Team BHP member who was a part of the media drive by stating that it's worst of the media drives with hectic schedule and less time allotted to each, meaning higher number of invites for maximum possible marketing of the car.

Honda thereby will be eager to see that impact on their booking numbers and accordingly play their pricing and variant cards.. So 1 month is the reserve time.

Ofcourse, this gentleman also indicated some positive hints (limited by embargo) but still there is no doubt that Honda isn't confident; may not be as a product perse but to it's acceptance in 2023/2024. A successful product cannot be technically sound alone but should be an all rounder catering different buyers. That's where Honda dunked in such a competitive segment with so many offerings and options.
By tomorrow it will be clear what's good and bad about Elevate. Pricing will then be the buying decision factor based on the perceived value by the buyer.

Last edited by GuChDa : 31st July 2023 at 20:58.
GuChDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 21:31   #878
BHPian

Quote:
This was true for erstwhile Honda's of pre 2013. We had a Honda Amaze (2013), (especially considering it's a NA engine with CVT GB)!

I don't know about that. My friend owns a Honda Amaze Petrol 2018 Model and it's in mint condition even after 60k kms driven. And it gives them 14.5 kmpl in a CVT with most of the driving being within City. And as I said earlier, most of the Honda cars I know give the same experience with negligible maintenance and amazing Fuel Efficiency even in Petrol guises.

Its this combination of Low maintenance and Efficiency being best in the segment is what has always kept Honda vehicles special. I have owned a couple of Hyundai vehicles myself and atleast in the Petrol guises were never great on Fuel Efficiency. The market sentiment too is reflected similarly in the used Car segment where Honda has the best value in the Petrol Sedan segment.

While many brands have surpassed Honda in safety, performance, features etc, I still think Maruti Suzuki in A, B segment and Honda in C segment have always had the best engines and efficiency combo which matter a hell lot to many of prospective customers.
Flash777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 21:33   #879
BHPian

Quote:
KIA had adopted the same strategy recently with the new Seltos with the Pricing revealed a couple of weeks after Bookings and reviews. But they finally gave everyone a pleasant surprise with negligible price hike.

Let's hope Honda have a similar ace up their sleeve.
Flash777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 21:40   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This was true for erstwhile Honda's of pre 2013. We had a Honda Amaze (2013), the car was spot on WRT engine, steering and gearbox with absolutely 0 issues. However, the interior was a sorry state of affair, with rattles all around, suspensions frequently wearing out, and a rather feeling of the car being built to a cost associated with it. If Honda dish out similar recipe with Elevate, it won't fare well for them, as Mechanically except Skoda/VW in this segment, all others are pretty well established.
Quote:
I don't know about that. My friend owns a Honda Amaze Petrol 2018 Model and it's in mint condition even after 60k kms driven. And it gives them 14.5 kmpl in a CVT with most of the driving being within City. And as I said earlier, most of the Honda cars I know give the same experience with negligible maintenance and amazing Fuel Efficiency even in Petrol guises.

Its this combination of Low maintenance and Efficiency being best in the segment is what has always kept Honda vehicles special.
Like I quoted above, even my dad's Amaze had no issues WRT engine, gearbox and steering. Even on it's last day (7 years, 1.05L kms) with us, it gave an astounding 25.9 KMPL (it's ARAI claimed FE =25.8).

That said, there were many small niggles here and there with the car and it generally gave a feeling that it may fall apart. It was also the costliest compact sedans back then, so this left a sour feeling. I was in the same boat as you, as I thought atleast there is no mechanical fault with car.

But after using a Ecosport S TDCI for 5 years (still with me), and simulataneously a Sonet Turbo for last 2 years, the experience has been same niggle free ownership, with everything working as desired mechanically. Infact these cars went forward, and there is not even a single rattle or any other small niggle, something which the Amaze had in plenty.

I had similar observations with 4th Gen City and therefore did not buy it. They improved a bit with 5th Gen City, but still are no match to the Verna. Hope they don't do the same with the Elevate.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 04:36   #881
Senior - BHPian

Honda is looking at this as it is some breakthrough niche car, like a McLaren sedan(!). Why create so much fuss around media drive and then price reveal etc. There isnt a huge wiggle room for them to play with. Its not like they will pull off a 6.99L starting price. Its just a question of being 10-15% within the Creta/ Seltos/ Vitara/ Hyryder range thats all. They may have to accept some cannibalization at the dealership level with the City. If Honda had a broader product range in India ,they would not have played auch a peek- a- boo.
fhdowntheline is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 04:50   #882
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
KIA had adopted the same strategy recently with the new Seltos with the Pricing revealed a couple of weeks after Bookings and reviews. But they finally gave everyone a pleasant surprise with negligible price hike.

Let's hope Honda have a similar ace up their sleeve.
Although unofficial bookings of the Seltos from the dealership level started quite early, the official bookings began on the 14th of July only and prices were revealed on the 21st of July and reviews came out on the 23rd of July so hardly 7-10 days time, between bookings, price reveal, and reviews, deliveries began in many dealerships by Monday 24th July too.

So it is in no way like how Honda has gone about it.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 08:10   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Although unofficial bookings of the Seltos from the dealership level started quite early, the official bookings began on the 14th of July only and prices were revealed on the 21st of July and reviews came out on the 23rd of July so hardly 7-10 days time, between bookings, price reveal, and reviews, deliveries began in many dealerships by Monday 24th July too.

So it is in no way like how Honda has gone about it.
My point exactly. This speaks volumes about the confidence Kia and Honda have about their products.

To be fair to Honda though, they might have not anticipated this kind of onslaught from Kia and have now been caught off-guard. Therefore they would now let the reviews out, check the anticipation of product among prospective buyers and then price it accordingly. Good thing is Honda won't (probably!) be their usual greedy when they announce the prices.
Old 1st August 2023, 08:41   #884
Senior - BHPian

Honda Elevate Crash Tested Internally – Meets Global Safety Standards

Honda Elevate Preview-hondasharesinternalcrashtestpicturesoftheelevatev01ut96ruhtaeb1.jpg

Quote:
In a noteworthy development, the Honda Elevate has successfully passed internal crash tests, meeting global safety standards

In the in-house testing, Elevate has undergone various crash tests such as front (offset) crash test at 64 kmph, side moving barrier test at 50 kmph, flat barrier test at 50 kmph, side pole impact test at 32 kmph, rear moving barrier test at 50 kmph and front (offset) test at 64 kmph with child dummy. Honda claims that Elevate has achieved desired results in all these tests.
Source: Cartoq, Rushlane

Kudos to Honda for ensuring Safety for its new Product

Elevate Ground Clearance
:

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 1st August 2023 at 08:46.
vsrivatsa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 10:11   #885
BHPian

On a lighter note, I am thinking I should recommend self-assessment for students upto certain age in my children's school. If Honda - a global car maker can do that when safety is concerned (users will be impacted), I don't think young students (up to 6-7 standards) can do any wrong for others.
Explorer... is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks