Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2023, 10:52   #856
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The AP2-T is important. For me also the Honda Civic 1.5l turbo results were buried within tons of S2000 pages.

The 1.0 turbo is a reworked version of a kei engine. Yes, it was offered in Europe for a short period of time, but it was more to do with the segment offerings at that time for the European market. Segmented for CO2 emissions tax slabs. A smaller capacity petrol (1000-1200cc), a larger capacity petrol(1400-1600cc) and a diesel engine(1500-2000cc) with a (1900-2400cc) sporty petrol engine for the warm/hot hatch version used to be stable for the pre-Dieselgate era in the Euro market. Now it is no longer offered in Europe and Honda currently has only hybrids with a petrol engine for the sporty versions only. So the 1.0l turbo ended up in Thailand detuned. From the reviews, it doesn't seem like the 1.0l turbo has a big improvement over the 1.5l NA engine. Unless Honda has to comply with CAFE norms and pump up ARAI clinical figures, we as customers don't loose much with not getting the 1.0l turbo. Makes sense if Honda is going to launch an Amaze based sub 4m high rider. Otherwise Honda should do well to bring in the 1.5l turbo instead.
Thanks for giving the correct info to check.

Yes, they should bring the 1.5 turbo no questions about it. I am saying they should bring the 1.0 also, just for sub 4m cars like Amaze or WR-V in place of diesel. City deserves the 1.5 turbo with output of at least 160hp (the class standard for performance engine set by Verna and also they should especially bring the manual to the 1.5 turbo and 1.0 turbo as well.

Hope they bring Elevate turbo soon. And hybrid also if possible.
ergon_9700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 11:07   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
The mileage of the Elevate is disappointing. I am curious to know the reason behind the significantly lower fuel efficiency of the Elevate Manual compared to the CVT (same with the city). It seems that the Grand Vitara Manual has higher fuel efficiency than its CVT version. The Korean twins seem to have identical efficiency numbers between the manual and CVT of the Seltos/Creta (1.5 Litre engine). Can someone shed some light into the mechanics of why this is the case with Honda cars?
Honda has changed the MT ratios and tuned it for performance and driveability. They haven't mentioned any changes in the CVT though which is why the difference. Someone posted these earlier in the same thread . You may like to visit it.

Last edited by GuChDa : 31st July 2023 at 11:17.
GuChDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 11:14   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
The mileage of the Elevate is disappointing. I am curious to know the reason behind the significantly lower fuel efficiency of the Elevate Manual compared to the CVT (same with the city). It seems that the Grand Vitara Manual has higher fuel efficiency than its CVT version. The Korean twins seem to have identical efficiency numbers between the manual and CVT of the Seltos/Creta (1.5 Litre engine). Can someone shed some light into the mechanics of why this is the case with Honda cars?
I would urge you to look at it from a slightly different perspective: the Honda CVT is probably more evolved as it uses a mix of gears and belts (it used to differentiate and upsell it when the CVT was first launched in India in 2014). Hence their ability to extract a better mileage out of the CVT compared to a manual. But then again, remember all this is at ARAI conditions; real world conditions, driving habits etc could make a world of difference on the fuel economy one experiences.
outdoorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 11:16   #859
BHPian

Why do I have a feeling that after reading the bashing on this thread, Honda has already started packing bags? If Maruti can launch Pitara and Fronx, pretty sure this is a decently competitive product.
1.2TSI7DSG is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 12:40   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
@John. I am not sure what your source of information is except that it seems to counter everyone
Source: Overdrive (BRV vs Creta, both CVTs)

Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230730_222208.jpg

Source: Autocar. The new Creta is slower than the old gen.

Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230731_125338.jpg

Source: Team BHP

Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230731_123409.jpg

Quote:
Here is a post from Team BHP in which I haven't seen anyone objecting to the 0 to 100 time mentioned.
Your link doesn't seem to take me anywhere, could you post it again to everyone's benefit?

Quote:
the natural concern will be to apprehend highway overtaking situations with CVT. In this same forum which I too rely on, people commented on the need to prepare for overtaking on highways for Honda city even which is 100 kgs lighter and more aerodynamic too.
True, this concern for CVT nature also applies to the Creta or any other car with CVT. If buyers want a sporty automatic, they probably will have to go the DSG route. In similar lines as proven in the City vs Verna CVT, the same extra weight disadvantage also will apply to the Elevate and Creta respectively. I'm just saying that in a level playing field, the Elevate will be as quick, if not quicker.

The good thing is in addition to being quick, it will be more efficient and safer than the Koreans.
Honda Elevate Preview-cvt.jpg

Last edited by John316_WRC : 31st July 2023 at 12:56.
John316_WRC is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:10   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Why do I have a feeling that after reading the bashing on this thread, Honda has already started packing bags? If Maruti can launch Pitara and Fronx, pretty sure this is a decently competitive product.
Well, there are things that you expect from a Maruti and there are things that you expect from a Honda. Where both Grand Vitara and Fronx deliver what's expected of them, Elevate certainly underdelivers on what's expected from Honda in terms of features (not commenting on driving and dynamics as reviews are awaited).
Don't know much about Fronx but GV definitely brought something fresh to the table, had the USP of hybrid, Elevate has cut down even on the features offered in City, let alone the features which are now a norm in the segment and will be increasingly available as products in the segment move towards the next generations.
Unfortunately, there is no other way to say it. Honda has brought an outdated product in 2023(practically 2024) and I see this version of Elevate soon becoming outdated in comparison to the segment competitors in a few years only as and when the segment moves forward to next generations.
I am assuming that probably Elevate EV coming in 3 years time might be equal to contemporaries.
motographer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:28   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
Source: Overdrive (BRV vs Creta, both CVTs)

Attachment 2484039

Source: Autocar. The new Creta is slower than the old gen.

Attachment 2484064

Source: Team BHP

Attachment 2484043

Your link doesn't seem to take me anywhere, could you post it again to everyone's benefit?

True, this concern for CVT nature also applies to the Creta or any other car with CVT. If buyers want a sporty automatic, they probably will have to go the DSG route. In similar lines as proven in the City vs Verna CVT, the same extra weight disadvantage also will apply to the Elevate and Creta respectively. I'm just saying that in a level playing field, the Elevate will be as quick, if not quicker.

The good thing is in addition to being quick, it will be more efficient and safer than the Koreans.
Attachment 2484042
Refer page 18 of that link which has referred to these timing. There doesn't seem to be any consistent values going by your reference above
Old 31st July 2023, 13:38   #863
BHPian

When is the embargo on Elevate reviews lifting? Weren't they supposed to release today?
Old 31st July 2023, 13:42   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
When is the embargo on Elevate reviews lifting? Weren't they supposed to release today?
August 1st, 11am is what I read.
autonmus_drivr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:48   #865
BHPian

Quote:
One more day...August 1
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 13:49   #866
BHPian

Quote:
I remember a reviewer mentioning August 1 for manual and August 3 for automatic.
SedateGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 14:11   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
Refer page 18 of that link which has referred to these timing. There doesn't seem to be any consistent values going by your reference above
I saw that post, but couldn't find the credible source for those times you have referred to.

I have attached figures and sources for everyone's reference. Autocar and Overdrive India do provide consistent values. My posts are very simple and straightforward, so are the comparison screenshots.

Cheers.
John316_WRC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:08   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India has started the production of the Elevate at Tapukara manufacturing plant.

Honda Elevate Preview-20230731_150727.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230731_150729.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st July 2023 at 15:10.
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:21   #869
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonmus_drivr View Post
August 1st, 11am is what I read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToThePoint View Post
One more day...August 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
I remember a reviewer mentioning August 1 for manual and August 3 for automatic.
Thanks. Also are the prices supposed too supposed to be announced tomorrow? Any scheduled date for the same?

Will clear out a lot of ifs and buts.
Old 31st July 2023, 16:01   #870
BHPian

Not to sound rude, but there a big difference between Hyundai and Honda in the longevity of their cars.

Back in 2010, we were down to a shortlist between i20 & Jazz (& Punto 90HP). Went with the Jazz, and sold it in 2018. During this time, I had ZERO issues, not even a bulb fuse. Can you imagine that !!

Meanwhile during these 8 years, my colleagues and a cousin who went with i20 around 2010 timeframe, already changed cars. Their i20s looked visibly older than my Jazz with faded plastics, creaking dashboard, regular repairs, yellowed headlamps etc.

If Elevate is built similarly, it'll find many takers. Features don't make a car.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (33) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks