Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2023, 13:03   #841
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Like I said earlier. Let’s wait for credible sources to reveal 0-100 numbers rather than basing comments on that one off lame video.

As one reviewer(quoted below) who has actually driven it already mentioned, this is a well thought customer friendly car with great ride quality. I don’t expect it to be much slower than NA 1.5 competitors.

Having said that I think this would be a decent upgrade for people like me graduating from a Jazz or any 1.2NA cars but not really for City owners. For them mostly a lateral movement.
That's fair before we pass a judgement.
As long as it's not concerning to drive safely without concerns on highways it's going to fine.

Also recall that the same reviewer also mentioned that they could hardly get time to stretch the car to evaluate it's performance across all gears.

No doubt for city use it would do just fine.
Old 30th July 2023, 16:33   #842
BHPian

Spotted two Honda Elevates one in blue other in orange/red shade being driven around. Couldn't click as was driving myself and was heavy traffic congestion.

The proportions looked really well sorted. Same boxy SUV effect which Brezza had upon launch. The blue color looks really good.

I have a hunch this one will sell well if not a blockbuster.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th July 2023 at 17:28. Reason: Minor typo
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 18:12   #843
BHPian

Does anyone have knowledge as to when Honda India will be releasing the official variants, as far as I know, as discussed with my SA, he suggested only in September 2023 they'll be releasing all details with pricing.

Can we rely on the previously leaked document for variant distribution?
Old 30th July 2023, 18:43   #844
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post
Does anyone have knowledge as to when Honda India will be releasing the official variants, as far as I know, as discussed with my SA, he suggested only in September 2023 they'll be releasing all details with pricing.

Can we rely on the previously leaked document for variant distribution?
Let's see what the first drive reviews reveal on August 1, maybe we will get a clearer picture after that
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 19:47   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
That brings us to an interesting point, though dependant on the pricing of the Elevate : isnt a Hyryder a better vehicle compared to the all petrol Elevate given that they are of the similar dimensions?
I'd pick the Elevate CVT over the Hyryder Grand Vitara NA AT twins any day for engine alone.

The interior quality in the Toyota Suzuki CSUVs look average at best and so do the components. The Elevate (from the videos) looks far more elegant and premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
suspect that people going for CVT in Elevate will be dissapointed. Even if the 0 to 100 is 13.5 sec when properly driven, with full load it will be painfully slower..
I seriously doubt if the Elevate will be anywhere as bad as this. We'll know in under 12 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
Overall these all cars in NA versions seems to be city cars primarily which to me defeats the purpose looking at 20 lakh investment. Hybrid then becomes sensible at the simikar price point with excellent FE.
This is exactly why and where I think the Elevate shines. It has tye best of all worlds, subject to being as tracktable as the City is.

BTW, not all Marutis are built alike. The Grand Vitara, S-Cross and Brezza are all based on the Suzuki TECT global platform, which is known to be structurally well built.

Last edited by pannags : 30th July 2023 at 20:13. Reason: Added quote and corrected typos
pannags is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 19:58   #846
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I'd pick the Elevate over the Hyryder Grand Vitara NA AT twins any day for engine alone.

The interiors in the Toyota Suzuki look average at best and so do the components. The Elevate (from the videos) looks far more elegant and premium.
I'd too, if we leave the lack of hybrid option aside for a while, the only other trump card Toyota & Maruti twins have against Elevate is reliability, Honda is no slouch in that too.

Other competitors are Seltos and Creta, their only trump cards are features and cool interiors. Reliability, service, and safety of Hyundai Kia twins is a big hit or miss, safety is a definitive miss, forget about them, we cannot combine those words and Kia Hyundai in one sentence, the lesser we talk about those aspects of those cars the better it is.

Last edited by wheelguy : 30th July 2023 at 20:23.
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 21:58   #847
Senior - BHPian

Who should buy which car,

Hyundai Creta/Kia Seltos - Aftersales Network (Hyundai), Engine & Gearbox options, Equipment.

Maruti Grand Vitara/Toyota Hyryder - Hybrid Tech, Fuel Efficiency, Ride Quality, Aftersales Network.

MG Astor - ADAS Tech, Interior quality, Equipment, Build Quality

Volkswagen Taigun/Skoda Kushaq - Safety(5 star rating), Handling, Performance, Build Quality.

Honda Elevate - Space, Comfort, Reliability, ADAS Tech, Safety.

Although we don't how exactly the Elevate is to drive, I expect it to be a Good Performer with core Honda things being USP for it when it launches in September. A Good Reliable Engine, Smooth Gearbox, Spacious Cabin and Very Comfortable Seats with Good Ride Quality (Higher Profile Tires) at a good price is what the Elevate will score on. I think it'll be a very good petrol only option compared to Korean twins.
CarguyNish is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 22:43   #848
BHPian

For the fence sitters here are some performance numbers(0-100kmph) for petrol automatics:

- Hyundai Creta (2023) IVT 13.73 secs
- Honda BRV (2016) CVT 11.2 secs

The Elevate has a kerb wt of 1258kgs. This is about 59 kgs more than the BRV @1199kgs.

To the critics of this lethargic and ageing engine, make of this what you may...

I won't post anything else regarding the iVtec, will wait for the reviews with anticipation.

Cheers!

Last edited by John316_WRC : 30th July 2023 at 22:49.
John316_WRC is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 23:52   #849
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post
For the fence sitters here are some performance numbers(0-100kmph) for petrol automatics:

The Elevate has a kerb wt of 1258kgs. This is about 59 kgs more than the BRV @1199kgs.

To the critics of this lethargic and ageing engine, make of this what you may...

I won't post anything else regarding the iVtec, will wait for the reviews with anticipation.

Cheers!
BTW, I went all the way back, found the video and did a recheck, not according to when the driver speaks but when Elevate takes off and when it reaches exact 100.

Video shows take off from 0 at 6 seconds and 100 at 19.5 seconds.

Even without paddle shifters, 0-100 is coming out in 13.5 sec. Assuming 1.5 seconds shave off by using paddle shifters, 0-100 would be 12 seconds, which is pretty good for a vehicle of this size.

Last edited by RDS : 30th July 2023 at 23:53.
RDS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 07:55   #850
Team-BHP Support

/OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Wouldn't the reviewers be wondering what exactly is a week long media drive for. Is that how every drive happens?
In case you missed it, check out this thread on the BTS of Media Drives.

Behind the Scenes: How Press & Media Drives Work
Gannu_1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:04   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon_9700 View Post
For the AP2 engine for me in Google, it is throwing up the S2000.

The 1.0 turbo is also available in Europe I think powering the Civic. So it is not necessary a compliance engine but in Thailand due to their Eco Laws it is one. But for sub-4m this is quite good as it has healthy output (around 120hp and 175Nm of torque in Thailand City(almost at par with Hyundai 1.0 TGDI)).
The AP2-T is important. For me also the Honda Civic 1.5l turbo results were buried within tons of S2000 pages.

The 1.0 turbo is a reworked version of a kei engine. Yes, it was offered in Europe for a short period of time, but it was more to do with the segment offerings at that time for the European market. Segmented for CO2 emissions tax slabs. A smaller capacity petrol (1000-1200cc), a larger capacity petrol(1400-1600cc) and a diesel engine(1500-2000cc) with a (1900-2400cc) sporty petrol engine for the warm/hot hatch version used to be stable for the pre-Dieselgate era in the Euro market. Now it is no longer offered in Europe and Honda currently has only hybrids with a petrol engine for the sporty versions only. So the 1.0l turbo ended up in Thailand detuned. From the reviews, it doesn't seem like the 1.0l turbo has a big improvement over the 1.5l NA engine. Unless Honda has to comply with CAFE norms and pump up ARAI clinical figures, we as customers don't loose much with not getting the 1.0l turbo. Makes sense if Honda is going to launch an Amaze based sub 4m high rider. Otherwise Honda should do well to bring in the 1.5l turbo instead.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:06   #852

Just found this on Youtube. Elevate's manual version performance from 0-100kmph

tallracer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:27   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallracer View Post
Just found this on Youtube. Elevate's manual version performance from 0-100kmph

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=uv8AhyVRsoo
It's about 2 seconds slower than a manual city. I think it is fast enough and wo't be a boring engine, everyone was worried about.
broke_enthu27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:43   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316_WRC View Post

Cheers!
@John. I am not sure what your source of information is except that it seems to counter everyone (who are apprehensive about the time not in literal sense but as a concern during high speeds on highways.)

Here is a post from Team BHP in which I haven't seen anyone objecting to the 0 to 100 time mentioned.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-21.html (Honda BR-V : Official Review)

It states that time for earlier version of BRV (which was launched in India and not the latest version which is what even you were referring to in your supoort)

With about 1200 odd kgs the old BRV takes 16.25 secs for 0 to 100 and it was campared to Creta which was launched with 1.6 litre petrol NA engine. Honda had the same 1.5 NA may be in SOHC form. The present BRV is 1308 kgs which is heavier than Elevate at 1258 kgs with DOHC.

Having observed that this is a technically well engineered product except for few small misses and cost cutting, and If you relate to the fact that none of the people are expecting it to be a performance car with only engine option with 2 transmissions the natural concern will be to apprehend highway overtaking situations with CVT. In this same forum which I too rely on, people commented on the need to prepare for overtaking on highways for Honda city even which is 100 kgs lighter and more aerodynamic too.

Anyways, there would very soon be more information on first drive opinions and proper test drives eventually to clarify this more convincingly.

If I missed something do share your views.

Cheers till then.
GuChDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 10:51   #855
BHPian

The mileage of the Elevate is disappointing. I am curious to know the reason behind the significantly lower fuel efficiency of the Elevate Manual compared to the CVT (same with the city). It seems that the Grand Vitara Manual has higher fuel efficiency than its CVT version. The Korean twins seem to have identical efficiency numbers between the manual and CVT of the Seltos/Creta (1.5 Litre engine). Can someone shed some light into the mechanics of why this is the case with Honda cars?
TribalRoar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks