Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2023, 15:15   #676
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Rear seat photo confirms that the Elevate will come with only a lap belt and no headrest for the middle passenger seat. I was desperately hoping Honda would accomodate this at least for the production version when Honda City gets these.

Why cut cost even on simple safety features!
Even while Honda homologated the vehicle as 5 seater, in practical use they would want it to be clear as a 4 seater only. That's the way the rear bench has been designed as well unless someone doesn't mind to sit over that hump as a 5th person for short stints.

This could be due to anemic engine that already has 100 kgs over city to carry on with. (1 well fed person weight) Well that's the way I reason this lapse which otherwise shouldn't have been a big cost issue.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th July 2023 at 07:18. Reason: As requested.
GuChDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 15:20   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Somehow, dashboard of Elevate is giving sense of superior quality when compared to the other cars from the segment.
It could be due to the brown leather inserts in the dashboard. Faux wood insert is also a nice touch. So it is these premium materials doing the trick, I believe.

Does anyone know if Seltos uses leather inserts, or only a soft touch plastic that matches the seat color, in its dashboard and side doors?
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 16:34   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
Does anyone know if Seltos uses leather inserts, or only a soft touch plastic that matches the seat color, in its dashboard and side doors?
Only leather inserts. Plastics are hard everywhere. I wouldn't mind hard plastics as long as the texture looks good and the plastics aren't shiny black. Plastics on most Hondas are very shiny.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 16:50   #679
BHPian

My expectations and predictions:

1. Elevate will most likely be a 'dead on arrival' product from Honda India. Knowing Honda, they will charge a hefty premium even for the base model. After the initial hype (if at all) the demand will fizzle out. The dealers will try the tried and tested 'long waiting time strategy (scam!?)' to push higher spec models and accessories.

2. At the end of the day, this product will be forgotten by both the masses and the enthusiasts. I expect Honda India to discontinue Elevate in about 50 months from the date of the price reveal and exit the Indian market within the next 100 months.

3. The Indian SUV market will essentially become a duopoly with the Koreans splitting the market amongst themselves and enjoying much much higher margins.

4. Creta might go the 'Fortuner way'. Don't be surprised to see Creta being moved to the 20L-30L bracket in the future (after the failure of Elevate and exit of Honda India plus stringent emission and safety norms).

Last edited by kushagra452 : 25th July 2023 at 16:56.
kushagra452 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:03   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Honda Elevate media drive reviews drops on
Love this car already. Love the interior layout too. Not too much clutter, understated but feels nice. I would have brought this car in manual trim if I were in India now.
Mr.Ogre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:05   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Idk why Honda has given the ‘S’ cog below the ‘D’ ; instead they could have given it either on the the left or right. This is so inconvenient. Everytime you shift, you’ll have to ensure that you shift in ‘D’ correctly and not ‘S’.
Have been using same setup in Jazz CVT since 4 years and believe me its absolutely no issue at all. Maybe for someone shifting from a different setup, it might take sometime to get used to but in general there's no problem as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnemo View Post
One question for Honda owners here - How does Honda cars India fare on the structural build and safety aspects ?

I know the City got a 4 star in the GNCAP ratings and I am aware of the host of safety features in the City and the Elevate, but from your personal experience of having owned Hondas, how much peace of mind would a Honda guarantee from a safety and structural quality perspective ?
Well the Jazz got 4* along with stable bodyshell rating(so did AMAZE AFAIR) which was a rarity in hatches till Altroz arrived. Hondas in general are fill it, shut it, forget it machines. They dont provide as many features as koreans but whatever they provide is thoroughly tested and works like a charm.

For example here's an ADAS comparison video between XUV7OO, Ionic, City & EQS:

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th July 2023 at 17:08.
SoumenD is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:05   #682
BHPian

MG has started trolling Honda already xD
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-screenshot_20230725_170206_messages.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th July 2023 at 07:21. Reason: Minor typo.
Siddj38 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:28   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
My expectations and predictions:

1. Elevate will most likely be a 'dead on arrival' product from Honda India. Knowing Honda, they will charge a hefty premium even for the base model. After the initial hype (if at all) the demand will fizzle out. The dealers will try the tried and tested 'long waiting time strategy (scam!?)' to push higher spec models and accessories.

2. At the end of the day, this product will be forgotten by both the masses and the enthusiasts. I expect Honda India to discontinue Elevate in about 50 months from the date of the price reveal and exit the Indian market within the next 100 months.

3. The Indian SUV market will essentially become a duopoly with the Koreans splitting the market amongst themselves and enjoying much much higher margins.

4. Creta might go the 'Fortuner way'. Don't be surprised to see Creta being moved to the 20L-30L bracket in the future (after the failure of Elevate and exit of Honda India plus stringent emission and safety norms).
I concur mildly with your views. Further, I would like to mention

1. Elevate might not be DOA. The car unfortunately has been made based on the feedback from select Honda loyal customers. Therefore Honda expectations in terms of numbers is also less as we have seen. So basically it's for those who own Honda and want a Honda in their visioned form.

2. Yes, this is neither for the enthusiasts nor for commoners who prefer features. Hybrid a big miss and so are select features. Zero USP car to me atleast.

3. The mid size SUV has got too much crowded with Koreans to continue their lead. This segment due to the tax structure neither falls in the premium segment nor in the value segment (sub 4 meter), while all the sub 4 meters could come with greater rear seat space and comfort none would offer that with the fear of loosing numbers from mid size segment. Ertiga kind of car with better engine and safety will be the next phase of interest from customers as a true family car.

4. True, Koreans could rule but the governments too much interest in BEV has ruined the prospects of proper hybrid cars from Honda, Toyota and Skoda. Hyundai doesn't care for hybrid now as they are smooth sailing with fat margins with their feature rich offerings. Difficult to say if Honda would leave India in next 3 years or so. Who knows Elevate sales may put some sense into their minds. Honda is failing everywhere. May month Australia sales were 800 odd... Honda is directionless today and in India they seem to be more unprepared due to wavering norms and exorbitant taxation. Honda fan following is gonna take a beat with Elevate.

Last edited by GuChDa : 25th July 2023 at 17:36.
GuChDa is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 17:32   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddj38 View Post
MG has started trolling Honda already xD
Could be an unintended use of the word elevated as I dont think that Elevate is a competitor to the Hector. Among crossovers with size more than 4000mm, cars like Kushaq, Taigun, Grand Vitara/Hyryder, Elevate are competing at a slighly lower price point than the MG Hector, Harrier/Safari, XUV etc.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th July 2023 at 07:22. Reason: Minor typo in quoted post.
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 21:58   #685
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Some pics from the Honda Elevate Media Drives. It certainly is a looker.

Honda Elevate Preview-4.jpeg

Honda Elevate Preview-3.jpeg

Honda Elevate Preview-2.jpeg

Honda Elevate Preview-1.jpeg
uditanshh is online now   (28) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 00:29   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
Even while Honda hypothecated the vehicle as 5 seater, in practical use they would want it to be clear as a 4 seater only. That's the way the rear bench has been designed as well unless someone doesn't mind to sit over that hump as a 5th person for short stints.

This could be due to anemic engine that already has 100 kgs over city to carry on with. (1 well fed person weight) Well that's the way I reason this lapse which otherwise shouldn't have been a big cost issue.
I am unable to see that as the Honda rationale. What is stopping someone who is not so safety conscious from accommodating a 5th person in their car even without these features when Honda proudly proclaim the interior space to be one among the best in segment. Another scenario I can think of is a child seat attached in the rear seat in case of a 5-member family. Mostly an adult or even the grown-up teen would end up in the middle seat - the one with no headrest or proper seatbelt.

I would trade the flexibility of carrying an extra passenger safely buckled (when the need arises) for the lag from the additional weight. Not everybody can stretch their budget to get an Innova or XUV7OO for additional seats. And most cars in this segment do offer these features - even Maruti gave in Grand Vitara (isn't the K15C engine more sluggish than the City one).

Last edited by beez : 26th July 2023 at 00:35.
beez is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 00:46   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditanshh View Post
Some pics from the Honda Elevate Media Drives. It certainly is a looker.

Attachment 2481132

Attachment 2481133

Attachment 2481134

Attachment 2481135
Is it just me or do the lines/ threads on the dashboard look misaligned - like a job done in Karol Bagh and not an OEM.
Old 26th July 2023, 00:47   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
I am unable to see that as the Honda rationale. What is stopping someone who is not so safety conscious from accommodating a 5th person in their car even without these features when Honda proudly proclaim the interior space to be one among the best in segment. Another scenario I can think of is a child seat attached in the rear seat in case of a 5-member family. Mostly an adult or even the grown-up teen would end up in the middle seat - the one with no headrest or proper seatbelt.

I would trade the flexibility of carrying an extra passenger safely buckled (when the need arises) for the lag from the additional weight. Not everybody can stretch their budget to get an Innova or XUV7OO for additional seats. And most cars in this segment do offer these features - even Maruti gave in Grand Vitara (isn't the K15C engine more sluggish than the City one).
Hi

I have Endy. Frankly 3 passengers is a squeeze there too (relatively comfortable though).
Regarding space, no doubt that Elevate is spacious in leg and knee room with moderate head room. Shoulder room is definitely tight.

It all depends on how the car is designed. Brezza could fit 3 better than in any of the mid size cross overs if I may say. I hope you have noticed huge huge gaps between the fender and the chasis when bonnet is opened, meaning the bulk is actually not transfered as space inside.

What's Hondas rationale is beyond and everyone would have liked a proper 3 seater bench but then Honda decided for 2 comfortable and contoured seats at rear with a provision for an obedient child in the centre.

Recently I had Triber as a Taxi. With 70 odd HP even that drove with near full load which necessarily doesn't mean that the driver was enjoying maneuvering the gears and pedal to push the car.

May be Hondas spirit for Fun to drive will prevail with this

I also feel that Elevate was cut in few features to ensure their experiment with BEV (I said experiment as I couldn't trace any past success stories from Honda in BEV offering) to be successful and that will have all bells and whistles just like the Koreans. I am sure that it will be launched much sooner than the stated 3 years time line.

Last edited by GuChDa : 26th July 2023 at 01:00.
GuChDa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 01:29   #689
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Is it just me or do the lines/ threads on the dashboard look misaligned - like a job done in Karol Bagh and not an OEM.
If HCIL is somehow really aiming for premium pricing, then I think they should atleast iron out all the inconsistencies in the fit and finish before the Elevate hits the dealerships in September.

Inconsistent fit and finish against the Koreans along with other issues (Being late to market, No turbo petrol, low on features) would be enough reason for the Elevate to be DOA.
Old 26th July 2023, 07:03   #690

Connected features of Elevate.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-20230726_070003.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-20230726_065946.jpg  

sarwahi is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks