Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2023, 11:50   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Honda Elevate media drive reviews drops on 1st August at 11AM.

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114526_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114535_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114545_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114553_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114602_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114610_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114620_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114629_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230725114638_instagram.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230725_114357.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230725_114340.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230725_114338.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230725_114326.jpg

Source : EvoIndia, Overdrive

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th July 2023 at 11:51.
Venkatesh is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 11:50   #662
Senior - BHPian

Some of us 1.5 NA owners of the Creta are considering swapping to this 1.5 NA Elevate as long as the interior is just as nice to live with as the Creta and Honda is still ready to offer the 10 year "Anytime warranty" they were promoting last year for a complete peace of mind especially since the government is trying to ruin it with their ethanol tricks which is going to cause major headaches for vehicles out of warranty in a few years.

Offlate I'm hearing Hyundai and Kia have issues with their 1.4 diesel engines and oil consumption along with injector issues so I am sure many existing customers are considering the switch if not for reliability certainly for exclusivity.

The VW twin owners who are unsatisfied with the AC and their numerous error messages on dashboard may be looking for something more reliable too.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 25th July 2023 at 11:53.
Nithesh_M is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 11:53   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Idk why Honda has given the ‘S’ cog below the ‘D’ ; instead they could have given it either on the the left or right. This is so inconvenient. Everytime you shift, you’ll have to ensure that you shift in ‘D’ correctly and not ‘S’.

Cars from Hyundai / Kia & Mahindra have a better orientation. The S / M is either to the left or right of the D mode. With this the driver doesn’t even have to look anywhere; just slot all the way down and drive
Once you start using the "Shift Release" button on the gear lever as intended, this is not an issue at all. For moving to D from N, you don't need to press the "Shift release" button, But to move to S from D you need to press it.
sreerknair is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:17   #664
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnemo View Post
One question for Honda owners here - How does Honda cars India fare on the structural build and safety aspects ?
We have a 2018 Jazz CVT and after many years of ownership (70k + kms), I can chime in on this -

1. Panel gaps are present. The fit and finish that you see in older Honda cars is lacking.

2. After sales service is reliable but quality is dicey. What I mean is, the engineers and mechanics working in Honda showrooms are mediocre at best and they have goofed up more than once for my cars which ended up costing me 25k plus. I had to get the front windshield replaced, and I always prefer OEM workshops despite it being very expensive. The work they did was quite shoddy - I could see the black sealant glue all around. And come monsoon, the windshield was leaking from the edges, which led to a total loss of internal circuitry. I had to get the entire wiring replaced at a huge cost. However, in the entire process, the service manager was very polite and responsive. None of the arrogance of Indian manufactures. They worked in earnest to correct their mistakes and preserve their goodwill.

3. The chassis and build quality seems a bit of hit and miss at times. Recent models have clear indications of cost cutting measures. However, Elevate being a brand new model with a flagship status, I think they will improve.
Kln is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:20   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Somehow, dashboard of Elevate is giving sense of superior quality when compared to the other cars from the segment.
I think it's the nice photographs and the choice of interior colour that's increasing it's appeal. The quality should be at par with that of it's sibling City if not any better. Seats design and leather quality though are very good on the Hondas(not on my Civic 2019 though which is surprisingly bad). But, that center AC vent design is just so sad and rudimentary. It looks like those found on the old Maruti 800s. Overall, the ZX will be a fair competition for the Seltos HTX and only a section of the people who appreciate Honda's legacy may consider the Elevate. The rest would be bowled over by the Seltos' panoramic sunroof.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:20   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Idk why Honda has given the ‘S’ cog below the ‘D’ ; instead they could have given it either on the the left or right. This is so inconvenient. Everytime you shift, you’ll have to ensure that you shift in ‘D’ correctly and not ‘S’.

Cars from Hyundai / Kia & Mahindra have a better orientation. The S / M is either to the left or right of the D mode. With this the driver doesn’t even have to look anywhere; just slot all the way down and drive ! I faced a similar issue in Brezza AT yesterday. It had the ‘M’ mode placed below ‘D’. Little things like these make a world of a difference in terms of the overall convenience.
Agree. The greatest fear is how the valet parking attendent will handle it. They have the habit of simply slotting the lever all the way down and off they go. Ditto with some inexperienced mechanics at the authorised service centers.
Old 25th July 2023, 12:51   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Agree. The greatest fear is how the valet parking attendent will handle it. They have the habit of simply slotting the lever all the way down and off they go. Ditto with some inexperienced mechanics at the authorised service centers.
How does it matter ? Whether in D or S car will work as intended. This should not damage either lever or gearbox
pravint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 12:55   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
How does it matter ? Whether in D or S car will work as intended. This should not damage either lever or gearbox
In cars where M=Manual mode, the gear holds on till redline if one doesn't upshift (through paddle shifters).

I don't think its good for the engine if Valet driver drives in 1st gear and keeps redlining it without even realising.

Not neccessarily Elevate with CVT, but cars with Torque convertor or Dual clutch are more prone.

Maybe I am wrong, do correct me if needed.

Last edited by DCEite : 25th July 2023 at 12:58.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 13:28   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravint View Post
In S mode, the car is generally jerky and the rpms rise higher and faster. Incase of Valets, using S mode while parking is very risky, due to its spiky power delivery and this may lead to an accident.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 13:44   #670
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Once you start using the "Shift Release" button on the gear lever as intended, this is not an issue at all. For moving to D from N, you don't need to press the "Shift release" button, But to move to S from D you need to press it.
Agree on the shift release lever, but I'm talking about shifting from P to D wherein one has to press the brake + press the shift lever. In that one has to be cautious to ensure that he slots only in D and not S. If D was the last cog, it would have been much easier to just pull the lever all the way down without a thought.

Idk if I'm able to make my point here, but those who have used the Kia / Hyundai & Mahindra ATs will probably understand what I'm trying to say.
Old 25th July 2023, 13:52   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
In S mode, the car is generally jerky and the rpms rise higher and faster. Incase of Valets, using S mode while parking is very risky, due to its spiky power delivery and this may lead to an accident.
Correct my understanding if it's wrong.

I don't think it makes any difference if it's either D or S.

In S, engine rpm does get high relatively (preemptive mode} and is held until throttle is given to raise it further to the red line upon which the CVT automatically up shifts to next step to save the engine plus transmission from undue stresses.

In parking areas, generally the speeds are about 20 kmph and hence resulting in accidents due to S mode may not be probable, unless someone madly thumps the accelerator in which case it can happen in D mode as well.

Yes, driving in S mode even sedately can bring down the FE drastically. As such S mode in Honda is meant for downhill braking and some planned over taking ease (response depending on the car operating speed at the time of this venture and as well as the other vehicle speed that needs to be crossed)
GuChDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:31   #672
BHPian

Quote:
S mode is meant to run it at a higher RPM and often at a lower gear lower as well to make the car more responsive to throttle changes. In my experience of driving the Honda CVT for the past 9 years, I have used the S mode in two situations primarily:
a) Highways that have more traffic and are not that wide/ have lesser lanes. Here you typically come across quick overtakes and then settling back to your lane until you are hit with slow moving traffic again and need to quickly go past it.
b) Engine braking in downhill slopes where you need to shift down to 2 or L gear to prevent prevent overheating leading to brake failure, if you were to use only brakes.
outdoorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:32   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
In cars where M=Manual mode, the gear holds on till redline if one doesn't upshift (through paddle shifters).

I don't think its good for the engine if Valet driver drives in 1st gear and keeps redlining it without even realising.

Not neccessarily Elevate with CVT, but cars with Torque convertor or Dual clutch are more prone.

Maybe I am wrong, do correct me if needed.
Quote:
Quote:
Agree on the shift release lever, but I'm talking about shifting from P to D wherein one has to press the brake + press the shift lever. In that one has to be cautious to ensure that he slots only in D and not S. If D was the last cog, it would have been much easier to just pull the lever all the way down without a thought.

Idk if I'm able to make my point here, but those who have used the Kia / Hyundai & Mahindra ATs will probably understand what I'm trying to say.
In Honda CVT's D and S mode are identical until you start using paddle shifts,
and even in S mode gears shift automatically without any user input, and Car wont be stuck in 1st gear.
The Manual Sport Mode comes into play only when one starts using paddle shifters and gears remain same unless upshifted,
The downshifts are automatic regardless of usage of paddle shift, D mode or S mode.
Have been using Honda CVT from long time and never faced such issues nor any valet did anything wrong.
pravint is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 15:05   #674
BHPian

Rear seat photo confirms that the Elevate will come with only a lap belt and no headrest for the middle passenger seat. I was desperately hoping Honda would accomodate this at least for the production version when Honda City gets these.

Why cut cost even on simple safety features!
beez is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 15:07   #675
BHPian

Quote:

Cars from Hyundai / Kia & Mahindra have a better orientation. The S / M is either to the left or right of the D mode. With this the driver doesn’t even have to look anywhere; just slot all the way down and drive ! I faced a similar issue in Brezza AT yesterday. It had the ‘M’ mode placed below ‘D’. Little things like these make a world of a difference in terms of the overall convenience.
We have the same layout on our 2020 Ford Ecosport AT. We had similar concerns on day one but they quickly vanished after getting behind the wheel. This might prove slightly difficult getting used to if you're coming from a different side layout but these difficulties don't usually last and aren't really a dealbreaker.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks