Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 19:24   #586
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
I think Honda advanced the date of the launch by a few months only to garner advance bookings and to try and stay relevant in the market so that by the time they get their product out by the festive season, they still have some customers who are committed to the new model and not get swayed over by the onslaught of new launches by Maruti/ Toyota, and the Koreans.
Honda was always clear that their launch would be around the festive season (Sept onwards technically)

I think they did an unveil on 6th June to relate it to their 26 years of association in India. The expectations were high since it was long due and is a do or die for Honda.

What went wrong later was the car itself with limited features, engine options, evident cost cutting even to the city. Then came another hope that may be Honda would price it very aggressively. This was then followed by unverified leaks of variants and prices. Overall it's been very shabby and unclear.

By first week I heard test drive reviews will come out. Fingers crossed until then.
Old 19th July 2023, 01:36   #587
BHPian

Had another chat with my SA. Prices will be revealed after 1st week of August and Elevate will also reach showrooms shortly after that. There are 25 booking in their dealership (3 showrooms in tier 2/3 cities). Prices will definitely overlap Honda City. Elevate Zx MT will be around 15 ex showroom and Zx CVT will be around 16 ex showroom. They are expecting huge rush in booking and healthy volume once prices are announced. Based on his comments, I estimate 6k-7k booking so far. Seems kinda low .
Old 19th July 2023, 06:39   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Elevate media test drives coming up soon.

Honda Elevate Preview-smartselect_20230719063823_twitter.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-20230719_063806.jpg
Venkatesh is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 14:16   #589
BHPian

Good that Honda is making the Elevate available for media test drives around the same time as the Seltos. Even if the deliveries of Elevate begin later than that of Seltos, the reviews will help the potential customers, who are sitting on the fence, decide if it is worthwhile waiting for the Elevate!
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 16:26   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Had another chat with my SA. Prices will be revealed after 1st week of August and Elevate will also reach showrooms shortly after that. There are 25 booking in their dealership (3 showrooms in tier 2/3 cities). Prices will definitely overlap Honda City. Elevate Zx MT will be around 15 ex showroom and Zx CVT will be around 16 ex showroom. They are expecting huge rush in booking and healthy volume once prices are announced. Based on his comments, I estimate 6k-7k booking so far. Seems kinda low .
The dispatches will begin from 2nd week of August and dealers are likely to have soft unveils for customer who have already booked the car and existing honda loyalist somewhere around 22nd August.

Price reveal is only going to happen on 2nd Sept with immediate deliveries. The expected price for ZX CVT will be notch below 17 Lac Ex S/R. Honda is planning to produce 4K of Elevate each month for domestic market and almost 5K for export to Japan.
Motorhead23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 17:19   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
The dispatches will begin from 2nd week of August and dealers are likely to have soft unveils for customer who have already booked the car and existing honda loyalist somewhere around 22nd August.

Price reveal is only going to happen on 2nd Sept with immediate deliveries. The expected price for ZX CVT will be notch below 17 Lac Ex S/R. Honda is planning to produce 4K of Elevate each month for domestic market and almost 5K for export to Japan.
If the price of top ZX CVT is less than 17 Lakhs, then this would not be a bad pricing, though not the best pricing.

Honda City already being a little expensive by 50 to 60 K, it would have been more enticing if Honda prices it just a tad above the City.

If it comes out on top in ride and handling in this segment with decent FE this could be a winner for Honda.
GuChDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:09   #592
Senior - BHPian

One of the biggest errors is not bringing in the Hybrid tech even when they have one on the Honda City. Would have been a strong contender for Hyryder/Vitara. Trust Honda to do everything half heartedly. I see about 3000 units moving per month max.
Old 19th July 2023, 19:24   #593
BHPian

So I called up my SA at Honda and this what he said:
Please take it up with a pinch of salt.

- Cars are expected to be in the showroom display around August 20 along with the price reveal. Deliveries will commence from September onwards.

- During initial training he raised the question regarding ventilated seats and was informed that it will be available as an accessory at launch. (Would be great)

- The pricing on road is expected to by 13-17.5 lakhs on road in Kolkata (5 year road tax). He said the top model cvt will be priced at par with the City or a tad lesser. His reasoning was the Elevate is shorter in length compared to the city and misses out on some features like centre head rest and a three point seat belt. I think he could be right since the Elevate shares some common parts with city.

Last edited by cediaowner : 19th July 2023 at 19:38. Reason: Edited price
cediaowner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:26   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
One of the biggest errors is not bringing in the Hybrid tech even when they have one on the Honda City. Would have been a strong contender for Hyryder/Vitara. Trust Honda to do everything half heartedly. I see about 3000 units moving per month max.
I agree !! Hybrid should have been offered on Elevate as well considering the practicality it offers. However, the problem here is the all new platform Elevate is built on, which is engineered for IC Engine and EV only. Honda plans to launch Amaze , Elevate EV , Amaze EV on this platform only.
Old 19th July 2023, 20:25   #595
BHPian

Quote:
I agree !! Hybrid should have been offered on Elevate as well considering the practicality it offers. However, the problem here is the all new platform Elevate is built on, which is engineered for IC Engine and EV only. Honda plans to launch Amaze , Elevate EV , Amaze EV on this platform only.
Yes Hybrid would not only be fuel efficient but would also give better performance along with FE and equally with min rubber band effect of normal CVT. Importantly that would make it future proof as well. (Personally I don't think BEV will do any better in replacing the ICE unless BEV will be at par with ICE prices which certainly looks to be a distant future)

Further to that, I beg to disagree on the other points.

1. Honda was never concerned about the pricing. Go by their earlier pricing on any of their models launched. So why are they so concerned now?
2. The new global BEV from Honda is an HRV which serves in 1.5 NA, hybrid variants as well.
3. Honda killed Elevate without hybrid and features just to ensure Elevate BEV will be successful (in their outlook of numbers from BEV) and I can feel that they will add every feature to give that version a premium feel (Honda knows that Indians love features)
4. When Honda can offer it in City which is a sedan (10% market share) and not in a SUV about which there was so much hype is really a planned strategy rather than an ignorant assessment.
5. There could be shortages in supply of ehev system from Japan and their priority is global markets rather than India.
6. With their current production capacity for Honda even a 3 to 4K domestic sales could be the target. So Honda doesn't care.

Yes, it's expensive but so are every car that's offered these days. I wouldn't mind spending that extra sum for the benefits I see personally.
GuChDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 10:04   #596
BHPian

The criticism on Hybrids is a bit harsh in my opinion. How many true hybrids are being shipped out per month currently in India across the manufacturers? Toyota/Suzuki just started selling their cars and ramping up. No one else has anything significant even.

I have no doubt Hybrid will be available eventually as it's available in the City. For the launch, with the mass market in focus and ineffoency of Honda manufacturing capacity (8k cars per month?) believe they deprioritized Hybrid. They can see the demand in the market and adjust the variants for the next facelift.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 20th July 2023 at 10:06.
Yieldway17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 14:49   #597

Quote:

I have also got more or less same information from my SA. Thanks for sharing. Who is your dealer if I may ask?

Last edited by rg_sv : 20th July 2023 at 15:05.
Old 20th July 2023, 15:46   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post

I have no doubt Hybrid will be available eventually as it's available in the City. For the launch, with the mass market in focus and ineffoency of Honda manufacturing capacity (8k cars per month?) believe they deprioritized Hybrid. They can see the demand in the market and adjust the variants for the next facelift.
Honda Elevate to skip hybrid and go straight to EV: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...t-to-ev-428398
venus1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 17:01   #599
Senior - BHPian

Production capacity of 3-4k for indian market clearly shows the intent(lack of) by Honda management. We are talking about Creta segment here and monthly average sales should be say 25-30k units easily. When a newly launched grand vitara(with mart badge) can do 7-8k numbers, What more proof does Honda need ?

They should immediately fire the bunch of pessimistic people running indian operations and hire some one who is aggressive and doesn't mind taking some bold risks . This is a Honda owner ranting!!
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 08:34   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Elevate SUV Homologated, will only get petrol engine at launch.

Quote:
there are basically four trim levels that Honda is offering with Elevate. These trim levels are V, SV, VX and ZX. Honda is offering its 1.5L NA petrol engine with a 6-speed manual transmission with all four of these trim levels. But when it comes to CVT gearbox, SV trim is left out, for some reason.
Quote:
Said 1.5L NA 4-cylinder petrol engine makes 89 kW (120 bhp) of power at 6,000 RPM. Torque is 145 Nm at 4,300 RPM. Manual transmission has 6 cogs, while CVT is a, well, CVT. It complies with BS6 P2 emission standard and even comes equipped with OBD II diagnostics tools as well.
Honda Elevate Preview-hondaelevatesuvhomologatedvariantsspecs2.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-hondaelevatesuvhomologatedvariantsspecs1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd July 2023 at 08:38.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks