Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2023, 05:53   #541

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Since this is a form of giving in writing, can you hold Honda responsible to honour this?
Old 9th July 2023, 11:39   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Some manufacturers have started ditching this trend like Kia did with updated seltos. 6 airbags std from base variant.
Kia, unfortunately, doesn't inspire confidence. I am not able to get behind either of the Korean twins or Maruti for that matter. Possibly it is a holdover from the 90's or something, but every time I see one of the Korean cars I am reminded of a silencer that needs replacement. It was a yearly ritual in Noida and I just can't shake that feeling. Even yesterday, I heard the familiar sound of a corroded silencer and looked out of the window to see a Verna driving away. In 20 years of owning Hondas I have never had to replace the exhaust pipe or had a faulty automatic window, which were a perennial issue in other models.
MadinMumbai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 12:37   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Honda has just sent me the invoice for the booking of Elevate V AT.

Attachment 2473450

Was it required to share PAN and address proof copy with dealership to get your booking receipt?
Old 9th July 2023, 12:47   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummybear View Post
Was it required to share PAN and address proof copy with dealership to get your booking receipt?
No. Immediately after I booked the vehicle, I got booking confirmation/receipt in mail/sms. No documents have been sought by dealer so far.
Old 9th July 2023, 13:47   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
No. Immediately after I booked the vehicle, I got booking confirmation/receipt in mail/sms. No documents have been sought by dealer so far.
I have booked online from Honda website and got booking confirmation with booking ID on mail and SMS. After that, I got call from the dealership to provide copy of PAN and Aadhaar, which he told is required at time of booking. I called up Honda support to verify, but support executive couldn't confirm and arranged a call back, which was again from dealership.

Now I m not sure if this is dealer's own created process or is this same at all dealers and brands.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2023 at 10:35. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 9th July 2023, 14:41   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadinMumbai View Post
Kia, unfortunately, doesn't inspire confidence. I am not able to get behind either of the Korean twins or Maruti for that matter. Possibly it is a holdover from the 90's or something, but every time I see one of the Korean cars I am reminded of a silencer that needs replacement. It was a yearly ritual in Noida and I just can't shake that feeling. Even yesterday, I heard the familiar sound of a corroded silencer and looked out of the window to see a Verna driving away. In 20 years of owning Hondas I have never had to replace the exhaust pipe or had a faulty automatic window, which were a perennial issue in other models.
To their credit, I think the Korean twins have made a very rapid and significant improvement in their reliability in the last two decades if the JD Power ratings are anything to go by. I have never owned Korean cars, but given the climb-dwon in the Japs and ramp up from the Koreans, I think they are somehow on the convergence point on a graph.
outdoorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:53   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
To their credit, I think the Korean twins have made a very rapid and significant improvement in their reliability in the last two decades if the JD Power ratings are anything to go by. I have never owned Korean cars, but given the climb-dwon in the Japs and ramp up from the Koreans, I think they are somehow on the convergence point on a graph.
To share a perspective on the Koreans' ownership, I have Santro 2021 and Kia Sonet 2022 in my immediate family.

Santro 2021 is a CNG and almost every 6 months, check engine light turns on. Then it spends 2-3 weeks moving between Hyundai and Service station.

Sonet has its own mind with the same check engine light. It turns on and the car stops moving. Only resolution till date has been to refill petrol before the tank is below 25%. Same has happened 3 times in peak Delhi Gurgaon traffic.

Before you shoot me, both are always sent to ASC and never been touched by anyone outside.

Meanwhile, we have never faced any such surprises on Jazz 2010 and City 2016.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th July 2023 at 10:33. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
sunnsood is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 10:23   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
After a lot of confusion and cancelling my initial booking, booked the Elevate in ZX CVT trim. Dakshin Honda Hosur Road called and confirmed the booking details, created a group with the SA, Manager, accessories Manager, Truebill (exchange partner) etc. Have not got the request for any additional deposit.
I have also booked online the same variant keeping Dakshin Honda as the dealer. They called and confirmed the details last week but nothing after that. No messages or WhatsApp or anything. No additional deposit was asked.

Plan to take a call once the pricing and official variant details are out.
Old 11th July 2023, 14:51   #549
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how true JD Power surveys are but anecdotal evidences favour the Japs.
Even in the thread, you can occassionally come across issues with Koreans (someone just posted above me) but reliability issues with Japs, specially Hondas & Toyotas are few. Yes, they get bashed for lighter build (somehow still much more safe than the Koreans) but not for reliability.
Our Honda City in its 9 years of ownership and 5 years of it on sub-urban non existent roads while other 4 years with my sister (who is fill it forget it types) has never had a unscheduled visit to the Service Centre. 80k kms in, it is still running on its original set of clutch, power steering, window motors while it is too common for Koreans to need a new Power steering motor this much into the ownership. We only had to do regular maintenance on it.
The 4th gen City has been bashed a lot on the forum for its build quality but our experience with it has been nothing short of stellar and it has also performed well on GNCAP (something that the Koreans just don't want to spend on as long as they can keep selling the gizmos).
Candy$Cars is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 16:29   #550
BHPian

With a Honda BRV, Honda Jazz ( passed on to office staff), 2017 City ZX CVT and looking to replace the Toyota Glanza ( which has to be passed on to a staff whose Etios is going to be sold), I am a true blue Japanese vehicle proponent.
Electronics at home too were from Sharp and Mitsubishi ( Aircon) till everything was replaced by the Koreans eventually.
I have both the Elevate and Seltos pre-bookings and tilting towards the Seltos for the Gizmos. On the first look, wife and both daughters found the display and the Pano roof on Seltos attractive. They don't care whether the car lasts longer than a Japanese car or is more sturdy. As long as it is posh they are happy. And finally this is the wifey's car.
I just hope what happened with the Consumer Electronics industry in India doesn't happen with the Automobile Industry.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 16:46   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I have both the Elevate and Seltos pre-bookings and tilting towards the Seltos for the Gizmos. On the first look, wife and both daughters found the display and the Pano roof on Seltos attractive.
Koreans have always drawn customers to themselves with bells and whistles across all markets starting from the US. It is now an expected thing
outdoorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 17:38   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Koreans have always drawn customers to themselves with bells and whistles across all markets starting from the US. It is now an expected thing
With the new launches of Seltos and Exter they are specifically staying that these cars are safe, actions are louder than words, they should send these vehicles to GNCAP
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 21:03   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
With the new launches of Seltos and Exter they are specifically staying that these cars are safe, actions are louder than words, they should send these vehicles to GNCAP
I don't think they would do that even if they were safer and able to score at least 4 stars in the GNCAP with the Seltos. This would make it seem like all other cars from Hyundai and Kia are unsafe and may dent their sales, Hyundai-Kia definitely don't want that, if they keep quiet and don't do anything they can hapily continue being best-sellers in the segment without any worries.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 21:10   #554
BHPian

Any idea if the new Elevate is going to be GNCAP tested? I think the authorities should make it mandatory for ALL vehicles to make it mandatory without exceptions.
Old 12th July 2023, 04:47   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the new Elevate is going to be GNCAP tested? I think the authorities should make it mandatory for ALL vehicles to make it mandatory without exceptions.
It depends, manufacturers can voluntarily send their vehicles for the GNCAP testing or sometimes GNCAP purchases vehicles on their own for the test. If Honda is proactive in advertising its safety ratings like TATA/VW/Skoda etc then it will definitely get the car tested. Else we will have to wait.

Even the upcoming Bharat NCAP is going to be voluntary and not compulsory, if it becomes compulsory then Maruti, Hyundai, and Kia will have to put in a lot of investment and work to make their cars safer.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed