Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2023, 14:24   #496
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

On the pricing front, a source revealed - it was a simple miss in the pre-booking which had led to temporary prices for city to be picked up while generating the Performa Invoice.

However, the ex-showroom of ZX CVT will be 16+ only whereas the entry level SV MT trim will have a sticker price of 10.99 or 11 something .

And, in my opinion if Honda holds onto this price band then indeed it would be a very good proposition considering high pricing on Seltos FL and upcoming Creta.
Motorhead23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 15:42   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Paid 5000 only (thought it was 21000) to book one. Also strangely no email confirmations, or transaction IDs yet. Just that it was confirmed.
Hey brother, did you get a booking number or any communication from Honda.

I haven't received anything from either Honda or The dealership.
Old 5th July 2023, 16:06   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post

I have also booked and I got both a mail and sms with registration number after 1 day.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:20   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnsood View Post

I am not sure how you made the booking. In my case I did it online on Honda website. I did receive 2 SMS messages, but no email. One of the SMS allowed me to contact the dealer, the other was the Order ID.

If you have received neither suggest you write to customer_relations@hondacarindia.com mentioning your name, phone and email id, date/time and UPI details that you used while booking. You may also contact the Dealer of choice, but suggest you take Honda directly. Honda normally respond to Customers by next day.
mk600 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:38   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
I am not sure how you made the booking. In my case I did it online on Honda website. I did receive 2 SMS messages, but no email. One of the SMS allowed me to contact the dealer, the other was the Order ID.

If you have received neither suggest you write to customer_relations@hondacarindia.com mentioning your name, phone and email id, date/time and UPI details that you used while booking. You may also contact the Dealer of choice, but suggest you take Honda directly. Honda normally respond to Customers by next day.
Thank you will reach out to.Honda directly. Chasing dealer since morning but it's going in circles
Old 5th July 2023, 17:12   #501

Looks like a strategy from some of the dealers who are leaking the prices on the same day as Kia Seltos facelift launch!

I am not complaining but why not announce it officially. If these prices are true and if it can be announced officially before the July 14th booking starting date of Kia Seltos facelift then it would be a great counter attack!
Old 5th July 2023, 17:26   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSwamy View Post
Looks like a strategy from some of the dealers who are leaking the prices on the same day as Kia Seltos facelift launch!

I am not complaining but why not announce it officially. If these prices are true and if it can be announced officially before the July 14th booking starting date of Kia Seltos facelift then it would be a great counter attack!
The reason for not announcing the official prices is to gauge the interest of the people been shown along with the pre launch bookings so that Honda could price it more in their favour based on the feedback and numbers they review.

Regarding the confusion it can't be said if it's an intentional or something technical glitch.

I personally dislike pre launch booking unless it's an urgent need and that the car has proven it's mettle over a period of time to conclusively decide.
Old 5th July 2023, 19:29   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
I personally dislike pre launch booking unless it's an urgent need and that the car has proven it's mettle over a period of time to conclusively decide.
Personally I hate the current car market. Every new car is having booking and waiting period like there is no tomorrow. All cars have a lakh or two as premium and car companies are flush with fat margins. What Kia did with carens is borderline criminal with never releasing lowest model and increasing price. But us, indian consumers with lax consumer rules have to suffer. In every industry when you do the booking or get into contract the price is fixed but in car market only the price is applicable on delivery . This gives car companies like Mahindra and Kia to bait and switch. Hope Honda does sensible here and does not resort to cheap tactics.
RedMaw is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 11:11   #504
BHPian

Just off the phone with the rep from Muthoot Honda in Trivandrum. He expects the onroad to vary between 14L and 20L in Kerala.

I am looking to buy a car for pottering around the city mostly. Ideally an automatic, good suspension and decent interiors, with enough boot space for regular shopping trips.

I had plonked down an advance on the jimny, because its tight u turns, luxurious interiors and awesome automatic make it perfect for the city . Joking aside, it would be a great compromise as a city roundabout in Kochi, with its small roads and a weekend warrior if you wanted to do the hills and trails in the ghats around here.

I am tempted by the Elevate's V (mid version), if it comes in under the Jimny's cost because it would really be a more comfortable ride for my better half.

Wins against the Jimny
Quick delivery promised by the advisor, expects September.
Vastly better interiors and conventionally better looking exterior
Badge value
Probably a better highway ride
Bootspace
Rear passenger ride

Meh - draw
Lower versions have only 4 speakers, no Adas
6 airbags only on top end
The 1.5 Vtec should be decently mod friendly
Old engine tech & gearbox combo. Some may call iVtec/CVT better, but to me its a draw.

Loss
Expecting a 21K advance without a feature list. SA claims V variant will have ADAS, Cruise control etc, 6 airbags. But words are cheap.
4x4
Cost of spares
Service network
In my case, the small size of the Jimny is a plus.

I was tempted to put a booking down, but I held my fire. The sorely disappointed advisor did smell blood and made some good efforts to have me pull the trigger. However, the audacity of asking for money based on just a picture and video isn't something I want to encourage. Additionally, I am curious to see how the October 1 deadline for 6 airbags impact the costs and variants as Honda is cutting the launch pretty close to the deadline.

I wouldn't be surprised if elevate bookings bring down Jimny wait times though - its very tempting.

Last edited by dingolphie : 6th July 2023 at 11:12. Reason: Formatting
dingolphie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:19   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Elevate variant wise features leak – Base, Mid and Top trims.

Honda Elevate Preview-hondaelevatevariantsfeaturesleak.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th July 2023 at 14:21.
volkman10 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:42   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post

Loss
Expecting a 21K advance without a feature list. .
Go online and book for 5k only!
heysac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 16:44   #507
BHPian

Honda Elevate Preview-elevate-price.png

I was browsing online on the Elevate when I saw this.
Do note I use the DuckDuckGo search engine (which doesn't track you, unlike Google). I'm not sure why this is, but this doesn't show up when I search on Google.
dazdandconfuzd is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 19:36   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazdandconfuzd View Post
Attachment 2472453

I was browsing online on the Elevate when I saw this.
Do note I use the DuckDuckGo search engine (which doesn't track you, unlike Google). I'm not sure why this is, but this doesn't show up when I search on Google.
I encrypted the code for the website and that (Rs.11,57,000) is the ex-showroom price for the New City SV Petrol MT variant. It somehow got mixed up with the search result.

But I feel maybe, just maybe Honda could surprise us by pricing similar variants of the City and Elevate the same. who knows?

Last edited by bijims : 6th July 2023 at 19:38.
bijims is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 19:39   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingolphie View Post
Expecting a 21K advance without a feature list. SA claims V variant will have ADAS, Cruise control etc, 6 airbags. But words are cheap.
It is just 5K. I booked couple of days ago and no additional amount has been asked by Dealer.

Last edited by NH08 : 6th July 2023 at 19:45.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 23:16   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
It is just 5K. I booked couple of days ago and no additional amount has been asked by Dealer.
What worries me is that the booking, which is supposed to allocate me a car from the factory is nothing other than a token, and it may be up to the dealer to allot (or not) a dispatched car. In which case, it becomes meaningless.

Any BHPians that can comment on how trustworthy Honda is when it comes to respecting a booking?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-img_0556.png  

dingolphie is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks