Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2023, 22:18   #481
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Finally, joined the queue and booked V AT.

Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230704_211326.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Paid 5000 only (thought it was 21000) to book one. Also strangely no email confirmations, or transaction IDs yet. Just that it was confirmed.
Got Booking ID as well as e-mail and SMS confirmation.

Last edited by NH08 : 4th July 2023 at 22:21.
NH08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 22:36   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
I remember GTO sharing a post saying the car mags and auto manufacturers were hand in glove in pronouncing higher pricing when the product is actually launched at a cheaper price.
Don't remember which model he was talking about though.
Also Honda has enough time to heavily localise the Elevate and may have decided to pass the benefits of projected volumes to customer.

Attractive pricing is the only way to get customers back to Honda Showrooms
I may look to be naïve in asking, but what's that Honda had to localize for Elevate? It's even cut below City in features, fit and finish, isn't it.

Or did you relate it to any general practice of localization of global models.

Off topic:

Elevate is similar to Malaysian 1.5 S model of HRV, minus the original design, minus the electric park and auto hold but very similar to the dimensions (33 mm more GC) and HR-V this model weighting about 1270 kgs.

By lifting elevate in GC and retaining similar sitting and high belt line (low glass weight) this could be lighter may be and then I couldn't relate anything that needed localizations unless city components were imported until put to use for Elevate.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th July 2023 at 12:16. Reason: Typo.
GuChDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 22:51   #483

Just curious to know!
Honda elevate speedo has a max. speed of 180kms as per brochure. However, city and jazz has 220 max in speedo. Incidentally, brio and amaze has 180 kms max in speedo. Does it mean elevate was built on brio / amaze platform?

Members - pls. share your views...
Old 5th July 2023, 09:00   #484

Pricing leaked for the V variant of Elevate. Can't establish the credibility of this information/source. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rush...00267/?app=fbl
But, it's just for a discussion. The price here in the image doesn't include Road Tax and Insurance components.
12 lakhs + Road Tax + Insurance + Accessories ~ 14 lakhs?
Is it a good price?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-screenshot_20230705_085548_gallery.jpg  

cruise4control is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 09:10   #485
BHPian

The weight of Elevate is listed as 1258 kg, as compared to 1153 kg of City. While this is good from build quality perspective, it also means that same engine will lug 100 kg more now, which might translate to less responsiness, esp for the CVT. Hope Honda has tuned this in an appropriate way.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-screenshot_20230705_090056_chrome.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-screenshot_20230705_090028_chrome.jpg  

Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 09:11   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Dealers are asking for balance booking amount for those who made the booking online. They claim the total booking amount is Rs 21,000 and balance needs to be paid. I feel this is stupid and dealers are making it up. Why not charge the full amount online?
Same here. I booked online marking Whitefield Honda Bangalore as the dealer. Got a call from the dealer asking for remaining 16k balance to be paid additionally. I paid them directly and got a hand written sales contract (like a bill book with carbon copy!). I didn't suspect foul play as I read that the booking amount was going to be 21k. Thought this was one more lousy launch logistics! Did I get conned?
Old 5th July 2023, 10:13   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
Avoid Whitefield Honda at all costs
Please throw some light on this since I already made a booking. Do I need to cancel and book at another dealer? How much does a dealer matter during purchase?
Old 5th July 2023, 10:36   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuChDa View Post
Hi,

Any opinion on which is better amongst Whitefield /Dakshin and Brigade Honda. I stay close to Yelahanka.

I would wait until I get to test drive and see the car in real before I decide.
This is my first experience with Honda and Dealership.

I heard good feedback about Dakshin and Magnum in my circle, but don't know much about Whitefield, however, can't flag Whitefield as bad just because they asked for 21k, never know Dakshin and Magnum may also ask to pay difference amount in coming days.

I thought Honda in general is close to Toyota in customer care aspect.
hummer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 10:39   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
The weight of Elevate is listed as 1258 kg, as compared to 1153 kg of City. While this is good from build quality perspective, it also means that same engine will lug 100 kg more now, which might translate to less responsiness, esp for the CVT. Hope Honda has tuned this in an appropriate way.
I hope good amount of this weight (over 100 kgs wrt City) goes for NVH improvement as well.

I just checked Creta SX(0) IVT and that's weighting about 1265 kgs indicating similar weights, however Creta offering Panoramic sunroof must have some good glass weight against Elevate.

Overall the performance should be similar between the two.
Hope Honda's superbly refined and tuned statement come true. FE again needs to be seen with the form of the vehicle. Ivtech could perform a notch better over the equivalent Koreans.

A decent city car but highway overtaking with CVT could be stressful?

Honda if not the hybrid could have done something like Maruti smart hybrid (torque assist etc..) to balance out any driveability concerns.

A proper test drive analysis from this forum experts will bring out everything clearly.
GuChDa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 10:51   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Please throw some light on this since I already made a booking. Do I need to cancel and book at another dealer? How much does a dealer matter during purchase?
In general, the main reason why people go for renowned and well known dealerships in their circle is the trust factor. While this shouldn't vary a lot between dealerships, given the product you are ultimately buying is the same, it helps to stick to dealerships who are transparent, have capable SAs and clean escalation processes/customer care
With regards to Whitefield Honda, I've heard folks having a subpar experience. Feedback has been that they push for sales and post that the SA/dealer ghosts you for support/tertiary queries. And the service at Whitefield Honda service is not up to the mark as compared to Magnum, Dakshin etc (ask honda owners in Bangalore or check for even online reviews and you'll see)
A friend of mine had his car mishandled during service (infotainment stopped working, disastrous washing job that disturbed paint and left marks, scratches left on the car etc) and the showroom's customer care process was non-existent and they ignored his complaint.
While overall such incidents might be few and far between, it does leave a mark and people start forming biases.
While your sales might go through smoothly with no issues, I prefer booking with a dealer that has a better service center/after sales feedback, and preferably a known SA even if they're slightly far from where I stay
SutilSapien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 11:51   #491
BHPian

Just spoke with my SA.
He said ZX CVT will be 14.6 lakhs (ex-showroom Bangalore).
Ideally translating to around 19.xx lakhs on road price.

Also, he mentioned there won’t be Hybrid option in Elevate.
SaiChaithanya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 11:51   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
With regards to Whitefield Honda, I've heard folks having a subpar experience. Feedback has been that they push for sales and post that the SA/dealer ghosts you for support/tertiary queries. And the service at Whitefield Honda service is not up to the mark as compared to Magnum, Dakshin etc (ask honda owners in Bangalore or check for even online reviews and you'll see)
A friend of mine had his car mishandled during service
Thanks, they are already ghosting me for extra booking payment of 16k! I booked at them since Orix had tie up with them and Brigade (Yelahanka!) only! I will take it from them only if lease makes it mandatory. Else will use Dakshin booking. I don't plan to take the car to them for servicing.
heysac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 11:53   #493
BHPian

Ive had an excellent experience with Whitefield Honda as a customer since 2000, when we got our Honda City 1.5 EXi home and later when my wife picked up her Brio S(0) manual in 2012. In addition have referred more than a handful of friends and family to the dealership for Jazz (3), City (4) and BR-V (1), CR-V (1).

My wife and I are very happy with Whitefield Honda, both our cars have gone there for service from Day 1 to date.

If I recall correctly Whitefield Honda, was the first Honda dealership in South India.

Ms Dorothy handles customer care and has been there since 2000 as has their head of sales. Any issues you can always speak to her and give my name (Atul - 2000 City 1.5 Exi customer) as a reference.

If I were to purchase another Honda (definitely on cards in future) it would be from Whitefield Honda.

Honda takes customer feedback very seriously, if you have an issue, do not hesitate to escalate at the dealership or write directly to Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise4control View Post
Pricing leaked for the V variant of Elevate. Can't establish the credibility of this information/source. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rush...00267/?app=fbl
But, it's just for a discussion. The price here in the image doesn't include Road Tax and Insurance components.
Is it a good price?
Not a bargain basement price, but decent for what will be a very reliable, well made car with more than adequate performance and safety for Indian conditions.

Honda also offers a total of 10 years of warranty, which can be purchased annually after the extended warranty expires.

Spares support is also great even when the car crosses 10 years of age, Our Brio is well supported with spares even now at age 11 and my OHC was supported by Honda with spares till year 22!

Last edited by Sheel : 5th July 2023 at 12:17. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 12:40   #494
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise4control View Post
Pricing leaked for the V variant of Elevate. Can't establish the credibility of this information/source.
Is it a good price?
This is a very good price. I wonder if Honda will pull a rabbit out of its hat and price the Elevate SV variant at 9.99 lakhs ex-showroom, as an introductory price. They could really stir up both the Compact SUV and mid-size SUV markets, if they make a move like this. Unlike Hyundai, Kia and Maruti, Honda does not have a sub-4 M SUV, whose sales they have to worry about cannibalizing. If they can price the SV variant just below 10 lakhs, they can attack the complete mid-variant line up of the cars like Breeza, Sonet and Venue. And, also attack the lower variants of Creta, Seltos, Grand Vitara etc.

If, as a buyer, I am anyway not getting the top end feature set at a sub 10-lakh price in the compact SUV space, why not compromise on one or two features and get a higher segment SUV for the same price point, that too with the Hinda brand, which is still perceived as more premium to Maruti and Hyundai overall.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 5th July 2023 at 12:52.
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:02   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Just spoke with my SA.
He said ZX CVT will be 14.6 lakhs (ex-showroom Bangalore).
Ideally translating to around 19.xx lakhs on road price.

Also, he mentioned there won’t be Hybrid option in Elevate.
Seems unlikely, as the City ZX CVT is 16L ex-showroom and Creta SXO IVT is 17.5L ex-showroom. My guess is that price of top-end Elevate will slot in right between these two.

Of course, if Honda do pull off a miracle and price it at 14.6L, it will disrupt the market, like Xuv700 had done initially.
Caffeinated is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed