Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:23   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Whether the Honda Elevate will be a compelling package or not, now depends on the price, if priced right, it will be one, else if priced at a premium to the competition, it will not be one, as simple as that! So let's wait for the price to see how it goes.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 11:31   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
Oh, I hope it didn't touch any personal affiliation to VW/Skoda. You dont have to be a research scientist to know about their record with DSG reliability, nor is it difficult to hide. There are many horror stories; just citing one from T-BHP itself here...https://www.team-bhp.com/news/my-tig...ability-fix-it
So is this an India 2.0 car - Taigun/Kushaq/Virtus/Slavia ?

No personal affiliation but just putting forth the point about India 2.0 cars. Even in India 2.0 cars there could be one off instances which are not documented but one off is with every other brand. By making such strong statements [friends/foes] without any mass evidence on DSG problems in India 2.0 cars on a credible platform such as Team BHP, I think we can be more responsible and not present a misleading perspective to prospective buyers. I agree DSG problems were common in Polo/Vento but rarely such problems are documented for India 2.0 cars.

My only personal affiliation is that after exit of Ford and Fiat we cannot afford exit of VAG one of the last 5 star rated enthusiastic brand in our market. So such misleading statements need to be curbed as and when they arise.

If you can share mass instances about India 2.0 DSG complaints then we all should definitely write on the forum.

Last edited by steadfast : 2nd July 2023 at 11:36.
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 14:05   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
So is this an India 2.0 car - Taigun/Kushaq/Virtus/Slavia ?

No personal affiliation but just putting forth the point about India 2.0 cars. Even in India 2.0 cars there could be one off instances which are not documented but one off is with every other brand. I agree DSG problems were common in Polo/Vento but rarely such problems are documented for India 2.0 cars.

If you can share mass instances about India 2.0 DSG complaints then we all should definitely write on the forum.
Well, I am sorry, you are getting personal on it, which I cannot help with. Call it 1.0 or what you call 2.0, the company is the same and so is the DSG tech and the experience with it. You can choose to wait for enough cases to pour in for the newer models; completely your choice. The market makes its opinion on the reliability of a brand basis its performance in the past, and not what are called forward looking statements.
outdoorlover is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 19:04   #424
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support:

Folks, gentle reminder to rein it in and stay on thread topic.

If you'd like to debate VAG DSGs and other dual-clutch gearbox reliability, please do so in an appropriate thread.

If you'd like to pick a fight; step away for a bit, voluntarily.

Thanks!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 08:15   #425
BHPian

A few minutes ago, the google search result shows an ad with Honda's website indicating that bookings are open.

Honda Elevate Preview-s1.png

But when you click on that link and go to the site, the bookings aren't open yet.

Honda Elevate Preview-s2.png

I presume that we'll have to wait for it a little later in the day.
naadopaasaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 09:51   #426
BHPian

Hello, a couple of questions regarding bookings;
- Can the booking be transferred to any dealer in India?
- Can the booking be postponed to a later date of you are not ready to take delivery?
- Is it better to book online rather than via a dealer? I don't want to handover KYC docs to a dealer and prefer online booking anyway.
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:06   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Hello, a couple of questions regarding bookings;
- Can the booking be transferred to any dealer in India?
- Can the booking be postponed to a later date of you are not ready to take delivery?
I think these are questions best answered directly by the company as the dealer may give motivated answers. You could call Honda to ask.
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:56   #428
BHPian

The official bookings for Elevate seems to be open now. More color options only on higher variants.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230703_115611.jpg  

Last edited by beez : 3rd July 2023 at 11:57.
beez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:08   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
The official bookings for Elevate seems to be open now. More color options only on higher variants.
Paid 5000 only (thought it was 21000) to book one. Also strangely no email confirmations, or transaction IDs yet. Just that it was confirmed.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-screenshot-20230703-12.09.52-pm.png  

Last edited by mk600 : 3rd July 2023 at 12:10.
mk600 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:27   #430
BHPian

When is Honda expected to reveal the price list for Elevate? Hope, Honda does not resort to the 'introductory prices' gimmicks.
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:34   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Paid 5000 only (thought it was 21000) to book one. Also strangely no email confirmations, or transaction IDs yet. Just that it was confirmed.
Called Honda helpline number. Seems 5000 is for direct booking on Honda website. if you book via dealer, it is 21000. They are not able to tell me why such a big difference, and obviously my dealer wants my booking through them 😁.

Regarding price reveal or delivery dates, they are not very forthcoming. Like everything, they are taking this also slow. Dealer says delivery can be expected by end of August or in September. My guess is September-October.

Dealer also shared some details. I am seeing ADAS and 6 airbags only on the top trim (ZX). If this is true it will be disappointing!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230703_123918.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-img_20230703_123905.jpg  

Last edited by beez : 3rd July 2023 at 12:40. Reason: Added details from dealer
beez is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:03   #432
BHPian

I had made a token booking with Dealer earlier with Rs.5000. I asked him no and he says there is no need to book, my booking will be accounted. But no acknowledgement. Hopefully it is so. Apparently cars are expected only end of Aug and deliveries in September!
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:04   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Dealer also shared some details. I am seeing ADAS and 6 airbags only on the top trim (ZX). If this is true it will be disappointing!
Looking at the variant distribution, in terms of pricing, Honda seems to be having a plan to significantly undercut the competition in lower variants and place it on-par or slightly lower in the top variant. Otherwise I don't see a reason why they will bring-in side airbags and ADAS only in the top-end Elevate when both are offered in V CVT variant of the City.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 13:09   #434
BHPian

Honda Elevate Brochure - although it seems to be incomplete as it does not contain variants and their features.

Link

Last edited by NH08 : 3rd July 2023 at 13:10.
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:04   #435
BHPian

Quote:
This variant distribution, if true, is really bad. At least the 6 airbags should have been starting from VX, instead of the sunroof. Nitpicking, the ICE is also smaller, so it might not look well integrated, with big bezels. Hope this is addressed in some way before launch, so that people needing 6 airbags have some option other than top-end.
Caffeinated is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks