Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2023, 12:51   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

The steering, mounted controls, air-vents, seats, door handles etc still look from decade earlier. The engine and gearbox are also from that used in Gen 4 city. So apart from the SUV tall stance and higher GC, what is its USP? Only the new age ADAS, 360 deg camera and the screens?

I'm sorry, I do have a 2014 Honda City CVT, which is still in excellent condition at 65K but this new launch of Honda fails to "Elevate" me.
outdoorlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 12:51   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG208011 View Post
This is a very minute and insignificant detail but still is an interesting hint that the Honda Elevate was supposed to be launched a lot sooner. In one of the promotional images of the interiors, the phone kept in the centre console has the wallpaper which came with iPhone 12 series, hinting that these images were shot atleast 2 years earlier.

It’s either this or maybe it was an oversight and no one cared enough to use the latest model for their official illustrations.
Why do you think so. Cant anyone use the IPhone 12 in 2023?
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 13:23   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Why do you think so. Cant anyone use the IPhone 12 in 2023?
Maybe that’s just me but I think when companies spend crores on advertising, using the latest phones to showcase their wireless charging feature is a given. (I am not sure if this car has wireless charging but the official pictures surely show the phone charging.)

On the other hand, I am aware that I obsess too much over minute details so maybe you are right, the images are clicked recently and it was just that no one in the adverting team cared about the device model.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-img_5476.png  

TG208011 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 15:47   #364
BHPian

Since we are dabbling in minutiae here. Many people were making a big thing of the fact that the underside of the bonnet in the Elevate is not painted (It looks cheap I agree). I just happen to notice that the underside bonnet of the Honda City is painted while the underside of the Honda Amaze as well as the Honda WRV is without paint coating like the Elevate. Add to that the fact that the features and overall build of the Elevate (atleast at first glance) seems to be a shade below the Honda City, I'm curious whether this can mean that the City will remain Hondas 'Premium' product and the Elevate will be placed below it.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-city.jpg  

Honda Elevate Preview-amaze.jpg  

TribalRoar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 16:02   #365
BHPian

I was expecting an HRV by honda, as it is already sold in Asia, but instead they built entirely new vehicle (which appears to be inferior)

I guess it proves that HRV is more expensive (and superior) even after developing a new and cheaper vehicle like Elevate.

That's unfortunate.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-hondahrvcolor591581.jpg  

aerohit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 16:11   #366
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorlover View Post
The engine and gearbox are also from that used in Gen 4 city.
Engine for sure is not from Gen 4 city (Engine code- NP1-Kai) but from Gen 5 city (Engine code- AP2).

I also own 2013 Gen 3 city with 120K ODO, and ditto, the elevate does not seems like an upgrade BUT i am keeping the unofficial booking on till i test drive. I hope to own this fuss free, no nonsense SUV for sure.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 10:03   #367
BHPian

Look at the number of variants and pricing that the Creta have. You have options to choose from and it is one of the prime reasons that it is so successful in India. Why Honda can't do the same. At least provide options so that people can choose accordingly. Honda is undermining the purchasing power of Indians. They should look at the booking orders of Scorpio N, XUV700 and Creta whose top models cost in the budget of 20-25 lakhs even beyond in some cases. Eventually unfortunately the failure of Elevate will ensure Honda leave India permanently.
souvikjana83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 10:16   #368
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

There is hardly any excitement for the launch of the Elevate, maybe once the prices are announced, the thread will start to lighten up. Moreover, the marketing form Honda hasn't been that great either. There isn't much to be excited about the Elevate considering the features on offer, but maybe once the prices are announced, the excitement will start to build up.

Last edited by bijims : 18th June 2023 at 10:18.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 17:39   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalRoar View Post
Since we are dabbling in minutiae here. Many people were making a big thing of the fact that the underside of the bonnet in the Elevate is not painted (It looks cheap I agree). I just happen to notice that the underside bonnet of the Honda City is painted while the underside of the Honda Amaze as well as the Honda WRV is without paint coating like the Elevate. Add to that the fact that the features and overall build of the Elevate (atleast at first glance) seems to be a shade below the Honda City, I'm curious whether this can mean that the City will remain Hondas 'Premium' product and the Elevate will be placed below it.
It is not a big deal. In other countries, it is common for car manufacturers to sell vehicles with unpainted under bonnets. At best it is nit picking. Most individuals rarely open their car's hood, perhaps only every three or four months, and certainly wouldn't feel remorse over the unpainted underside of it. And if they are opening bonnet often, than something is wrong with the brands they are buying. Totally irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
There is hardly any excitement for the launch of the Elevate, maybe once the prices are announced, the thread will start to lighten up. Moreover, the marketing form Honda hasn't been that great either. There isn't much to be excited about the Elevate considering the features on offer, but maybe once the prices are announced, the excitement will start to build up.
Honda showroom near me tells me they have substantial number of unofficial booking. Youtube suggests the same too. Not that I have a reference of the kind of exictement that customers usually have for a new launch, but yes it is fair to say that many people are waiting for the launch of the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvikjana83 View Post
Look at the number of variants and pricing that the Creta have. You have options to choose from and it is one of the prime reasons that it is so successful in India. Why Honda can't do the same. At least provide options so that people can choose accordingly. Honda is undermining the purchasing power of Indians. They should look at the booking orders of Scorpio N, XUV700 and Creta whose top models cost in the budget of 20-25 lakhs even beyond in some cases. Eventually unfortunately the failure of Elevate will ensure Honda leave India permanently.
Honestly, I thank God it is not Hyundai/Mahindra. Otherwise I would have to take 1 lakh of accessory and some attitude of salesman to ensure my vehicle is released from showroom after reasonable time of booking. I mean, sometime I think it is best that Honda is not mass pleasure. It suits us.
evilminstrel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 12:01   #370
BHPian

I don't know why everyone is up in arms and so triggered by Honda's Elevate. IMHO Honda has created the perfect rival for Creta, I mean first gen creta. It's not Honda's fault, that Hyundai managed to release 3 gens in 5 years. After all it's takes time to perfect a product. Given 5 years is a long time but we are not an important market. After all we are just 3rd largest car market in the world and too small for Honda to focus. I mean, we are not Thailand or Indonesia to get Honda's latest car and multiple lineups. We are not even nationalist like China to get our car market dominated by local companies. How can foreign companies like Honda invest and compete here when top two slots are occupied by Japanese and Korean companies. And what about people, Can Indians really afford to buy Honda cars? It's not like we have 150k backlog for cars that cost more than 25L. We are just some poor market who drives bare bone cars. How can a Great company like Honda can compete and survive here?/s

Honda guys if you are reading this, understand India first then bring your lastest cars. Companies that dumped their phased out cars here have all gone out of business. We are no longer low cost market. Our market is where 40L Skoda kodiaq and VW tiguan getting booked out in weeks, we have 150k backlog for xuv700 and Innova. Our Tata and Mahindra provides more features than international players. Don't think for a second you can introduce a outdated car and charge arrogant Honda premium. You will go out of business. Only chance for you now is to undercut Hyundai by 50k varient to varient as introduction price. Otherwise we will get ready for your exit as well. This is from a person who has booked Elevate.
RedMaw is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 12:28   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Don't think for a second you can introduce a outdated car and charge arrogant Honda premium. You will go out of business. Only chance for you now is to undercut Hyundai by 50k varient to varient as introduction price. Otherwise we will get ready for your exit as well. This is from a person who has booked Elevate.
Honda will Magnite itself if they cut the price while the vehicle is offering less of everything the competition has.

In this segment you`ve got to offer a lot more and then price at a premium, people will pay for it given the waiting period a Creta or the facelifted Seltos is going to have.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 12:53   #372
BHPian

Last week I went to Honda service center along with my friend to get his Jazz serviced. So we casually went to the showroom to enquire about the exchange offer and Elevate prices/availabilty. The best part was the salesman telling us that Elevate Hybrid is also lined up for launch and will be priced around 23 lacs. I was certainly shocked by this and told him that Honda India Ceo himself announced that no hybrid variant will be launched. But he was still adamant and even said we will start taking bookings for Elevate Hybrid
Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 13:00   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Honda will Magnite itself if they cut the price while the vehicle is offering less of everything the competition has.
What choice do they have? They have to go back to drawing board and add 3rd head rest, full seat belt, USB C port, 360 camera, ventilated seats etc. They are simply missing too many things to fix in short time. They can try to release higher varient of Elevate with missed features within a year like Nexon.
Old 19th June 2023, 22:30   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
This is from a person who has booked Elevate.
Hi, now I am curious why did you book it? Your perspective will be an intersection of two views, I suppose.

This is a video I find quite balancing the contentions and therefore sharing for better reach.

evilminstrel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 22:50   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilminstrel View Post

Honda showroom near me tells me they have substantial number of unofficial booking. Youtube suggests the same too. Not that I have a reference of the kind of exictement that customers usually have for a new launch, but yes it is fair to say that many people are waiting for the launch of the vehicle.
There's some truth to what they might be saying - the google trends chart for Honda Elevate shows a decent spike - comparable to the Fronx although not as much as the Grand Vitara. As per research; there's strong correlation between google search results and bookings/sales (with a lag).

Interestingly, max interest for the Elevate on Google/Youtube came from in and around the NCR region.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Elevate Preview-google-trends-elevate.png  

Iconoclast is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks