Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2024, 14:14   #196
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Both Nexon and Sonnet got substantial updates whereas the XUV300 has remained unchanged. Also, Sonnet with it's smooth TC box is a major advantage.
I had already edited my post to Sonet 'DCT' and the pricing consider like-to-like automatics. Also , the XUV3XO will be coming with TC so for sure it'll be priced considerably higher than XUV300.

Also , agreed that the XUV3XO without the D AT is a lost opportunity.
ashvek3141 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 16:47   #197
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I had already edited my post to Sonet 'DCT' and the pricing consider like-to-like automatics. Also , the XUV3XO will be coming with TC so for sure it'll be priced considerably higher than XUV300.

Also , agreed that the XUV3XO without the D AT is a lost opportunity.
In hindsight, chopping down the Tivoli seemed like a mistake. They should have launched the full length version and pitted it against the Creta/Seltos with a proper TC in the diesel variants.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 12:45   #198
BHPian

Going by how they launch products, Mahindra will probably give a 'special launch price' which will seem 'reasonable' considering the competition - and then they will hike in a month or so. And the worst part is they'll expect you to pay the booking and you'll probably buy it before you can even test drive it..because - waiting times! (speaking as someone who really likes their products and is eagerly awaiting the 3XO launch).

Buying a car is now like investing in gold. If you don't buy it at the right time, price will increase and you'll feel you should have invested earlier I know some people who have cars whose market value today is a couple of lakhs higher than when they bought it a year or so ago!

Last edited by Evyas : 20th April 2024 at 12:49. Reason: Additional text; spelling mistakes
Evyas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 14:31   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
Buying a car is now like investing in gold. If you don't buy it at the right time, price will increase and you'll feel you should have invested earlier I know some people who have cars whose market value today is a couple of lakhs higher than when they bought it a year or so ago!
Totally agree and have been a part of this. But on the brighter side , things are slowly changing in the favour of the consumer as dealerships / manufacturers are bringing in discounts / price cuts , etc.

Surely , these are for the poor selling cars , but there is some respite nonetheless. I just read yesterday that there’s approximately 35k discounts on the Venue. This is in the view of the upcoming 3XO.

This might not be all that true across India and will definitely vary state to state. For ex. there were / are good discounts on the Seltos 2023 and even 2024 models as high as 1 Lac. However, folks here at Kia Goa don’t even give free mud flaps / rubber mats ! Let alone cash discounts.
ashvek3141 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 17:45   #200
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Totally agree and have been a part of this. But on the brighter side , things are slowly changing in the favour of the consumer as dealerships / manufacturers are bringing in discounts / price cuts , etc.

Surely , these are for the poor selling cars , but there is some respite nonetheless. I just read yesterday that there’s approximately 35k discounts on the Venue. This is in the view of the upcoming 3XO.

This might not be all that true across India and will definitely vary state to state. For ex. there were / are good discounts on the Seltos 2023 and even 2024 models as high as 1 Lac. However, folks here at Kia Goa don’t even give free mud flaps / rubber mats ! Let alone cash discounts.
Agreed. The market is definitely shifting again in favour of consumers.

We were offered 1 lakh plus discount on 2023 Seltos models and from now onwards the dealers in Delhi are open for discounts on 2024 models as well. Last month, we saw at least 25-30 unsold 2023 Seltos models in one of the stockyards (we wanted to experience the Xline in person which the dealer didn’t have in display). VW/Skoda are also offering great discounts on Taigun/Khusaq. Maybe the new Creta’s effect in the segment, but the discounts are coming back and it’s sure a good news for the buyers!
Col Mehta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 14:36   #201
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV 3XO panoramic skyroof teaser

Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 19:43   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Aah! So it’s finally ’official’ from Mahindra.

THIS, alone will be a major game-changer in this segment and will tip the scale in favour of the XUV3XO in the sub 4m segment.

Back then, I know people who were impressed by the Seltos but picked the Creta ONLY for the pano-roof.

One can argue that the single pane sunroof isn’t that great, but the ‘wow’ factor and the airiness the pano-roof brings into the cabin is simply unmatched.

C’mon Mahindra, just price it right and you have a winner in hands! This car has the potential of doing an easy 7-8k sales a month.
ashvek3141 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:21   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/Y7MqkCMCd70?si=N1_eztZxDpA2i6N8
Quote:
Aah! So it’s finally ’official’ from Mahindra.

THIS, alone will be a major game-changer in this segment and will tip the scale in favour of the XUV3XO in the sub 4m segment.

Back then, I know people who were impressed by the Seltos but picked the Creta ONLY for the pano-roof.
It will certainly get some brownie points. But there are two major factors to consider-

1) Would this be on offer only on the top most or pricey variants? If yes, it won't really be a deal maker considering there are even bigger cars like Creta/Seltos which do get the Pano Sunroof option in their middle variants and these could be had with lower or equal price tag to XUV 3XO.

2) The length of the Pano sunroof isn't that big. It ends at just the rear window's half length.Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-xuv3xo-pano.png

For Comparison the conventional Pano Sunroofs from Creta/Sunroof are actually quite bigger in length (Courtesy the longer dimensions obviously, but I feel even with sub 4 meter length, Mahindra could have offered a bigger one.) If it was full length, it could have definitely pulled in a lot customers. With this length, I am not sure how many it would.

Seltos Pano sunroof for reference. Note it ends nearly at the end of rear quarter glass.Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-seltos-pano-sunroof.png

Last edited by 07CR : 22nd April 2024 at 12:24.
07CR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:58   #204
BHPian

Is it going to be ICE only or is an EV version also expected?
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:03   #205
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra 3XO to get 7-Speaker Harman Kardon Audio system.

Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:59   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Would this be on offer only on the top most or pricey variants? If yes, it won't really be a deal maker considering there are even bigger cars like Creta/Seltos which do get the Pano Sunroof option in their middle variants and these could be had with lower or equal price tag to XUV 3XO.

2) The length of the Pano sunroof isn't that big. It ends at just the rear window's half length.
In XUV700, Mahindra has prioritized sunroof over useful features like Auto AC etc in the mid variant i.e. AX5 - giving competition to Creta / Seltos top variants. Similar strategy could be there in XUV3X0, they must be studying the competition thoroughly to come up with the final variant mix. Regarding the sunroof, it seems smaller in the snip above but it could be just some distortion in marketing materials. Ideally, the glass area should cover the entire last seat, but since this is a chopped Tivoli may be what you're saying is true. Hopefully reveal sheds some light on this aspect.

Quote:
Mahindra 3XO to get 7-Speaker Harman Kardon Audio system.

https://Youtu.be/mKuGZwmF08U?si=nCwb2Xejx6MNfQTO
This could mean Mahindra is moving to Harman Kardon for all future products, I always found Sony system in XUV700 AX7L somewhat lacking as compared to Tata's Harman systems.

Last edited by sapien : 22nd April 2024 at 17:06.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:05   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Regarding the sunroof, it seems smaller in the snip above but it could be just some distortion in marketing materials. The glass area will most likely cover the entire last seat.
Sunroof is indeed smaller. I have taken a screengrab from their video. There definitely isn't any distortion associated. It ends abruptly halfway through the rear window length.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:38   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra XUV 3XO new teaser reveals the panoramic sunroof and interiors.

Attachment 2591315
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Sunroof is indeed smaller. I have taken a screengrab from their video. There definitely isn't any distortion associated. It ends abruptly halfway through the rear window length.
Quoting one more snip which shows sunroof extends quite deep in the rear seat, but since both these are marketing materials I'd wait for actual launch to reach a conclusion, unless you're part of the design team and know for sure
While observing carefully, I realized may be the rear seat has been moved ahead to increase the boot space! This will much more useful than the sunroof feature we're dissecting
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:42   #209
BHPian

All these gizmos aside, I hope Mahindra gives a proper TC with its Diesel.
octane_100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 09:54   #210
BHPian

Quote:
One can argue that the single pane sunroof isn’t that great, but the ‘wow’ factor and the airiness the pano-roof brings into the cabin is simply unmatched.
Proud to see our home brands offering features that the customer wants. On the other hand, we have Honda/Citroen etc stubbornly refusing to give panoramic sunroofs! Some people like it, some don't, but cannot that option be given to the customer to choose ?

By the way, VW, can we please have a panoramic sunroof in the next Taigun instead of "Sound Edition", "Trail Edition", etc ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks