Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2024, 12:16   #121
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

Every other car being launched these days has a connected tail light and they all look the same from the rear. I was standing at a toll plaza and there was a Harrier, Seltos, Venue standing near me from the farthest to the nearest lane respectively and they all looked almost the same.
Designers please bring in some beautiful rear tail light designs - we don't need this connected lights fashion in the front and rear. It is already getting old and provides no exclusivity.
Candy$Cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 12:19   #122
BHPian

So, they will have a connected rear lights and a connected headlight-cum-DRL and claim it to be an updated design?

I am tired of ALL manufacturers going for the same tail light and headlight DRL design. Couple this with the large air dams, and suddenly you have all cars being a "me too" to each other.

Rather, I am very interested in what they give inside the cabin and under the hood. And more importantly, would like to wait out to check if they go for dropping features like they did the last time.

I have always been interested in this product and even once went to check it out at the showroom, but felt cheated when I discovered some features were suddenly removed!

My interest stemmed from a ride I had in the car over some rough patches. It is one of the most sorted cars in this size and price segment over bad roads. Hope they continue that aspect.
Old 5th April 2024, 12:48   #123
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The car looks good.

The connected tail lamp feels more polarising to my eyes when saw it in the videos but in the spy shots, it looks better. Mahindra is also following the wing with a connected tail lamp.

I wish it is less bright as compared to the actual tail lamps else this will really strain the drivers behind.
The alloy wheel design also looks great.

Mahindra please price it well and keep your production team ready. Don't repeat the XUV700 story. No one wants to wait for the car for 2 long years.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th April 2024 at 12:57. Reason: Please proofread posts before submitting. Thanks.
satish.gawai is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th April 2024, 14:05   #124
BHPian

I hope Mahindra will introduce reliable and pure automatic gearbox like Torque Converter, with both Diesel and Petrol motors.
Old 5th April 2024, 14:31   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Also, is it possible that this 3XO is the 300EV that was supposed to come along the ICE 300.
Isn't XUV 400 itself the EV version of XUV 300?
Old 5th April 2024, 14:35   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
What is this? Is this an upgrade from XUV3OO? If so, why this new naming convention? Or is this something new?
Well, as per the response given by Mahindra on their IG handle, it is something new.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-screenshot_2024040514162521_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg  

motographer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 14:59   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post
Isn't XUV 400 itself the EV version of XUV 300?
It was supposed to be but M&M wanted to cash in on the EV craze and wanted to bring one more EV offering which is affordable and sits below the 4OO. Just like what TATA did with Nexon EV Max and Prime.

The 3OO EV is expected to be paired with 35kWh battery and is supposed to be at least 2-2.5 lakhs cheaper than the 4OO.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 16:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Mahindra got tired of trying to stop the world from calling them the 300/500/700 rather than the 3/5/7double Os!!
How do they stop that from happening? By calling it the 3 ex oh
And probably people will call it, the Mahindra "Three Ex Jeero"
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 17:24   #129
BHPian

Mahindra, O Mahindra!!
I never like the disproportionate XUV300 but it was a hoot to drive. Since its inception, 300 always looked dated, both from inside to outside. And looking at 3X0 sneek previews, I'm still not sure if I'm liking it. Overdone and oversized elements for a sub-compact SUV, are quite evident on it. But let's see, how it looks once unveiled. On the otherside, this naming convention surely is for the young aspirational buyers, giving it a more modern appeal. They will load this car with many first in segment features. And hopefully, an auto-dimming IRVM stays.
DivyanshuDiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 18:40   #130
BHPian

I suppose expecting an AWD would be wishing for the moon.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 19:03   #131
BANNED

XUV 300 / 400 desperately require a major facelift. In the current form it is not up to the mark with other Mahindra offerings (Thar, Scorpio N, XUV 700 all having great looks). Also, this segment (XUV300) requires attention as all other Mahindra offerings are the market leader in their segments [sales of XUV700 > (safari + harrier + hector+compass), Scorpio_N sales (no competition - next BOF 7st is fortuner) ~ Creta Sales, Thar >>>>> Gurkha, Bolero - No competition, Scorpio Classic - No competition]

Last edited by Asoon : 5th April 2024 at 19:05.
Old 5th April 2024, 19:26   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post
Well, as per the response given by Mahindra on their IG handle, it is something new.
Autocar mentions this as an update to the 3OO and I believe ACI better than Mahindra itself - such is the quality of communication from M&M lately. But, let us see in few days. 3OO has its own cult following due to fairly a comfortable rear seat that can seat 3 better than the competitors, some seriously good engines and a competitive pricing at that time. Being the a global product outcome of SsangYong collaboration, this is indeed an excellently engineered vehicle. I have shortlisted this for my brother but rejected only due to the lack of Automatic transmission option.
Old 5th April 2024, 20:44   #133
BANNED

Mahindra is known to give us cars with powerful and refined engines. This is what matters the most in Mahindra cars. If they give the 3xo a really powerful and refined engine with interiors similar to or better than the 3OO then we are looking at a car that will be better than similar foreign cars.

Looking at the effort Mahindra is putting in its cars nowadays like Scorpion, 7OO, Thar we can expect a driver's delight that will keep the family happy too.
Old 6th April 2024, 01:18   #134
BHPian

I really hope that they offer atleast a sub 1500cc engine in the new 3XO. Although the current 1.2L is peppy, the lack of displacement shows in hilly regions which has kept me away from buying the XUV3OO till date. Keeping my fingers crossed !
Old 6th April 2024, 10:26   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Tell me this is happening and they already have my booking !

As rightly pointed out these are the 2 major issues with this otherwise awesome car. Ofcourse it's pretty expensive for the segment to. But now , even the Sonet it is touching 18 L OTR for the top-end D AT !!

I just hope they also decently kit the mid-variants , akin to the Sonet.

Everything said and done , I'll bit a bit disappointed if they don't bring in a TC in the Diesel avatar ; because they already have the tech ready with them + there's decent demand. Sonet is currently ruling this area.

Ideally, it's a 4.3 m car wherein the XUV400 is the actual design (Creta sized). However, due to this stupid sub-4m rule , the boot of XUV300 has been chopped to bring it under 4m.

The 3XO too will be of similar length as the XUV300 , it's just the naming that has been changed.
True. However, they could easily tradeoff some rear seat leg room with the boot space. It will not compromise a lot. The boot is much smaller than my hatchback i20. Nexon, Sonet WRV were able to handle it well.

The major issues with current one (Apart from the obvious LED and infotainment updates that will come now) are lack of front parking sensors (which were removed in 400), a 360 camera for such a wide car with blind spots and ventilated seats which is becoming a basic now for India and some better plastics and soft finishes on dashboard. With these features I could have already bought the 400 by now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks