Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2024, 14:15   #106
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

I think the Electric 400 will get the same cosmetic updates soon. Has to, no? One of the things it lacks over the Nexon.ev is updated LED headlights and a modern, sleek looking rear. This solves that. Looking forward to it!
DeKay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 16:01   #107
BHPian

I think this car will probably be the first to showcase the new-gen infotainment system, which will eventually trickle down to all their other cars as part of the facelift. Exterior changes seem to still boderline on quirky side (typical Mahindra trait), interiors will be the next direction for group I guess.
varunswnt is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 19:41   #108
Bit
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I think the Electric 400 will get the same cosmetic updates soon. Has to, no? One of the things it lacks over the Nexon.ev is updated LED headlights and a modern, sleek looking rear. This solves that. Looking forward to it!
Didn't it already? The updates on Facelifted XUV 300 are supposed to come from XUV 400 EL Pro which was recently launched. Isn't it?
Old 4th April 2024, 19:57   #109

Mahindra XUV 3XO official Website is live.
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/XUV3XO
Rishu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 20:17   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Another eye blinding connected taillight design!

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-screenshot-20240404-201534.png

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 21:39   #111
BHPian

Mahindra got tired of trying to stop the world from calling them the 300/500/700 rather than the 3/5/7double Os!!
How do they stop that from happening? By calling it the 3 ex oh
lemedico is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 21:55   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Mahindra got tired of trying to stop the world from calling them the 300/500/700 rather than the 3/5/7double Os!!
How do they stop that from happening? By calling it the 3 ex oh
Unless they change the naming system outright, the world will always call the cars 300/400/700. It’s easy off the tongue. And it gets the job done. The numbers have built their own brand identity over time. 3 x oh will continue being called 300. And that’s perfectly fine.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 4th April 2024 at 21:56.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 10:05   #113
BHPian

I probably think 3X0 is just a stylish way of saying 310. Rather than plonking just normal numbers they inserted a roman number. Or elae it just sounds like Exxo dish wash soap.
vamsi.kona is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 10:19   #114
BHPian

I think Mahindra will go with a seperate moniker for EV and ICE. EV named as 3XO and ICE as 3OO. Maybe they will like to differentiate EV with ICE in the lineup.
Old 5th April 2024, 10:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

The looks are refreshing. I think we need to wait for the full view (videos), transmission and features that they have incorporated into the vehicle. There is too much speculation around it. If M&M comes with a fully automatic, then it will definitely make a splash. The only shortcomings of the 3OO so far have been the small boot and lack of a proper AT. I hope they address them with this facelift.
Old 5th April 2024, 10:48   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Do not try to come up with a Creta or Seltos like vehicle and it is near impossible for you, as you do not have the number to cope up with like they have globally. Do not compete with them in features or design, they are even far better than Toyota or Honda when it comes to features. Sell your products for its durability, toughness, awareness of Indian road conditions and exploit your presence all over India. Just play to your strength.
The XUV300 sells about 5k units per month constantly despite the lack of boot space. And I can tell you, the interiors look much better built than Creta. I have never been in a XUV300 but whenever I peer into a parked one, it only reeks of High quality compared to the Creta (which I have experienced both as a driver and passenger). They are indeed playing to their strength.

And, is this a Creta sized car? The X could denote a Large size or crossover? Eagerly waiting.
theabstractmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 10:51   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
If M&M comes with a fully automatic, then it will definitely make a splash. The only shortcomings of the 3OO so far have been the small boot and lack of a proper AT. I hope they address them with this facelift.
Tell me this is happening and they already have my booking !

As rightly pointed out these are the 2 major issues with this otherwise awesome car. Ofcourse it's pretty expensive for the segment to. But now , even the Sonet it is touching 18 L OTR for the top-end D AT !!

I just hope they also decently kit the mid-variants , akin to the Sonet.

Everything said and done , I'll bit a bit disappointed if they don't bring in a TC in the Diesel avatar ; because they already have the tech ready with them + there's decent demand. Sonet is currently ruling this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabstractmind View Post
And, is this a Creta sized car? The X could denote a Large size or crossover? Eagerly waiting.
Ideally, it's a 4.3 m car wherein the XUV400 is the actual design (Creta sized). However, due to this stupid sub-4m rule , the boot of XUV300 has been chopped to bring it under 4m.

The 3XO too will be of similar length as the XUV300 , it's just the naming that has been changed.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 5th April 2024 at 11:02.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Tell me this is happening and they already have my booking !

As rightly pointed out these are the 2 major issues with this otherwise awesome car. Ofcourse it's pretty expensive for the segment to. But now , even the Sonet it is touching 18 L OTR for the top-end D AT !!

I just hope they also decently kit the mid-variants , akin to the Sonet.

Everything said and done , I'll bit a bit disappointed if they don't bring in a TC in the Diesel avatar ; because they already have the tech ready with them + there's decent demand. Sonet is currently ruling this area.

Ideally, it's a 4.3 m car wherein the XUV400 is the actual design (Creta sized). However, due to this stupid sub-4m rule , the boot of XUV300 has been chopped to bring it under 4m.

The 3XO too will be of similar length as the XUV300 , it's just the naming that has been changed.
I guess they will do it. If they don't then they miss the bus, this time - for good! I use the petrol top end MT and the vehicle is fantastic in all areas. I don't need a big boot and hence that was not a point to make a compromise on. Let's wait and see.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 11:44   #119
BHPian

I have a bone to pick up with these so called minimalist designs.
It must be so easy for designers to design tail lamps these days. Just draw some straight lines here and there you have your new dynamic stylish tail lamps.
Same goes for front headlamps. Let's put the DRL on top like an eye brow and put headlights in small pods.
Every headlights and tail lamps design nowadays is just a copy of a copy of a copy.
blueather is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 12:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

If they improve the Ignis sized boot space, and bring in the TC (which is confirmed somewhat), it has the potential to rattle the segment. What with the TGDI's superlative performance and proven safety record, this might become my top recommendation in the Ultra compact SUV segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed