Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2024, 12:25   #466
BANNED

Re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunGaDa View Post
Simple design exudes class.
I for one, truly believe in what you have stated above!!

And like you gave the example of the Honda Jazz, for me the Original Skoda Octavia was an ultimate example of simplicity exuding class.

Even the present Kushaq and VW Taigun are so simple yet classy. And The Tata Harrier is such a class design.

In fact, the XUV300 was also a simple and somewhat classy design, I really liked it.

Anyways, I guess the X3O design will blend in eventually as we see it more and more around.
samarthnarayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 12:31   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Not just features or engine power or space, the XUV300 is far more substantial vehicle than the Magnite/Kiger regards to build quality. And is reflected in the pricing.

Nothing against Magnite, respect it for the feature list and it is one of the rare affordable cars that have rear wiper/wash from base itself. Also four star rated in crash tests. One of my cousins have also bought a Magnite turbo CVT on my recommendation. But I would say the Magnite is half a class lesser than the XUV300 even if the former is VFM with features.
Couldn't agree more, the Magnite and Kiger are built to a cost and it shows in the quality of materials and the insanely large number of parts shared with the cheaper Kwid, I know for a fact because I owned a Kwid and had taken multiple test drives on the Magnite and Kiger, the feature list is expansive, but sales and service network is not the best, moreover Nissan is hanging by a thread with the Magnite as well, As regards Mahindra they have hit it out of the park with most of their recent launches since 2020, be it the Thar, XUV-700, Scorpio-N, however, the XUV 3XO competes in the most fiercely fought segment in India (the sub 4 metre SUV space) and we will have to wait and see how it fares.

But as a product, the XUV 3XO gets the basics right, spacious interiors, good build and crashworthiness, top-class safety features, fancy features on the top-end trims and even the base spec trims aren't too bad for what they offer, and doesn't seem built to a cost. Moreover, their decision to ditch the AMT on the petrol variants is a welcome move, I had hoped they would do the same with Diesel, but it's stuck with the old jerky AMT.

Overall the base spec models have competitive pricing while the top-end models are priced at par or slightly above the prices of the Nexon and the Sonet. Considering the intense competition, Mahindra better keeps these prices stable for some time, and not opt for their Thar/XUV7OO pricing model where there were constant hikes after the introductory prices ended.

The sub 4 metre SUV segment itself has now evolved wherein we have two sub-segments, the cheaper subcompact SUVs like Magnite, Kiger, Punch, Exter, Fronx, Taisor etc with smaller naturally aspirated engines and with most except the Punch and Exter offering turbo as well and the more expensive subcompact SUVs like Venue, Sonet, Nexon, Brezza, XUV 3XO, some of which share engines from their larger counterparts (like Diesel engines in the Korean twins, and the engines on the Brezza and Grand Vitara).

So to have the XUV 3XO provide customers with a proper automatic option with the essential features covered, a more powerful and torquey engine, and a much more spacious interior due to a larger wheelbase at a price under 10 lakhs (which makes it cheaper in most states due to RTO being lesser for vehicles under 10 lakhs as well as no TCS (1%) makes the Mahindra at least 50k to 60k cheaper overall than the next cheapest proper Automatic, ie. the Magntie XV CVT and Kiger RXT (O) CVT making it a value buy at least in my opinion.

Moreover, even spec for spec, the Mahindra has the following advantages over the alliance twins:
1. More powerful and torquey engine (110 bhp vs 100 bhp, 200 Nm torque vs 152 Nm)
2. Wider cabin (1821 mm) against 1750/1758 mm as well as longer wheelbase 2600 mm vs 2500 mm.
3. All-wheel disc brakes
4. 6 airbags against 2 in the Magnite and 4 in the Kiger.
5. Hil Descent Control
6. Sunroof
7. a better 3 years and unlimited km standard warranty as against just 2 years/40,000 km in the alliance twins.
8. a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system against 8-inch in the Alliance twins (albeit with Android Auto and Apple Carplay)

However, the alliance twins do get:
1. Alloy wheels
2. TPMS
3. Automatic Climate Control (Magnite)
4. Reverse Camera
5. Push button start
6. Rear Wiper and Defogger (Magnite)
7. LED headlights (Kiger) and DRLs
8. Android Auto and Apple Carplay

So, for more features, the Alliance twins make more sense, else for a safer, better-performing vehicle which is literally from a higher sub-segment for 50k less, the XUV 3XO is a great option.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 12:36   #468

Another thing I noticed - the existing AMT which was called autoshift now is renamed to Autoshift+

Any information on what this "+" entails in terms of improvement/change?

Or is it just me getting it all wrong and it was always called autoshift+ ?
Old 1st May 2024, 12:42   #469
BHPian

Just happened to notice something strange on the website and now have received the confirmation from the dealer also about the same.

AX7 and AX7L variants are only available in dual tone colour options. You can't get those in single tone shades.
Similarly, All variants from AX5L below are only available in single tone shades. Can't get those in dual tone.
UltraViolence is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 12:48   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Admire the outgoing beauty as the ugly one debuts!
So the side profile is still disproportionate. I don't know why I expected it to be any different since it's not a platform change. I got the answer I needed, I can digest the boot space but I cannot digest that disproportionate look.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmzvyr0xeaaur27.jpg  

Last edited by SaiSW : 1st May 2024 at 12:49.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 12:55   #471
BANNED

One thing is for sure, in 2024-2025, this sub-compact SUV segment is going to be red hot exciting.

Apart from this X3O launch, we will have the new Skoda sub-compact coming and even the Nissan Magnite facelift has been spotted testing recently.

Source: Magnite Facelift

Rumors has it that Honda is also considering a sub-compact (Indonesian WRV which is based on the Amaze platform).

And the most exciting arrival, if happens, will be the Renault Duster (source)

so plenty of options to keep all consumer types hopefully happy

(Edit): Lastly, How I wish, on a personal note, that Ford too comes back and if nothing else, launches the Ecosport EV!!!! That will be the cherry on this segment option cake!!

Last edited by samarthnarayan : 1st May 2024 at 13:00. Reason: added a line
Old 1st May 2024, 13:40   #472

Yet another quirky designed SUV to the Indian market!
For me personally, I liked the rear end which is butch with the appropriately sized tyres in the top trims. The front end is the key area where it divides opinion. The first thing that came to my mind was the erstwhile ZEN Classic . The Mahindra team should have stuck to a more neutral design in my opinion.

The front end would have looked better with a few changes and I have tried my editing skills to change the front end. The end result looks somewhere similar to the first gen Urban Cruiser. I hope Mahindra design team dont sue me for this .
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-whatsapp-image-20240501-13.18.59_8167a5bf.jpg  

Nandan_96 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 13:49   #473
BHPian

Hi,
Absolutely loved the way it looks. But the biggest gripe is, the tiny boot. I think even the Wagon R might have a bigger boot. I can live without features or get some after market, but the boot capacity is fixed for its life. Truly disappointed by this one factor.
Old 1st May 2024, 14:39   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarthnarayan View Post
for me the Original Skoda Octavia was an ultimate example of simplicity exuding class.

Even the present Kushaq and VW Taigun are so simple yet classy. And The Tata Harrier is such a class design
Yes. I liked the original Octavia. It had resemblance with the Passat which I had owned in the US. The Jetta 2001 Wolfsburg edition was another classy one. My first car.
About Tata Harrier its perfected design taken from Land Rover.
It takes time for settling on a design identity. I think M has to mature a lot.
Old 1st May 2024, 15:05   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I am a bit bemused reading the comments judging the looks of the car based on these pictures.

Infact, this is the same story with every modern day launches, be it the Creta or Nexon or Sonet et al.

At first we criticise the looks based purely on the social media pictures, and then the same folks find the looks palatable once they see the car in person. And finally, the looks become the USP of the vehicle once the sales start picking and we get used to seeing the vehicle on road.

But anyway, for me, looks has never been a priority, unless it is something downright ugly (like the erstwhile Estilo). Infact, I find the looks of the 3XO quite Ok and proportionate.
Actually very good and practical points. I am not a great fan of only looks, I like to see the practicality of a car. And by the way, I owned the Estilo (2012 model) and now I own the 3OO 2020 model and thought the only missing feature is the ventilated seats. I drive the MT so can't ask for the paddle shifts but your observations have not been pointed out by anyone.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st May 2024 at 22:40. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 15:31   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The so-called eminent design head was just a created hype. Now u=you will see his 'true creativity' in the plethora of cars in the pipeline.

Tata can now sigh in relief seeing the Mahindra 3XO design.
I had the same thoughts as well the first time I saw XUV700. I even booked it to buy something not very exclusive for the first time (mind over heart), but even after countless hours of seeing and trying to digest the Design in my head, I failed and eventually cancelled the booking.

His recurring design themes in 400EV and now this cement that it might be a great understudy(or a team) bringing in those oozing designs that went to his credit as the head of Design, just like it happens in most departments of the corporate world.
Old 1st May 2024, 15:31   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
When an eminent designer left Tata and joined Mahindra, I personally felt it was a loss to Tata as the cars designed from the Tata stable were evolving really nice. And then this. It's a pity if his creativity has got restricted out in Mahindra and I hope the newer cars are not following the same "confused" design theme. I would love to see both Mahindra and Tata dish out word class cars.
Just like any Head of a department, its usually not the Design Head that actually designs a particular model.

The main job of the Design head is to steer the entire design team in the right direction by giving them the right inputs, setting the overall vision and proper feedback at the right time.

Design departments have multiple teams within them who are given a particular model(s) to design based on the overall direction the company wants for that vehicle.

While I believe Pratap Bose didn't sit down and sketch up the 3XO, he could definitely have stopped this monstrosity.

This looks like one of those Chinese knockoff EV vehicles that tries to look like much bigger vehicles.

That Front end belongs on a HUGE Ford F150 sized vehicle.

On a sub-4m SUV vehicle, it just looks wrong.

The problem is that not all Concept designs translate well into reality. This would have looked much better on a large vehicle where they have much more overhang and Bonnet length to play with. With the proper differentiation in depth, and better choice of colour and Finishes, this has the potential to look imposing and buch.

Alas, this is what we got.
ZenMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 15:37   #478
BHPian

Still no parcel shelf, but the bracket for same is still there, come-on Pratap Bose you could have done better.
Old 1st May 2024, 15:47   #479
BHPian

Seems to be a car with looks that many are berating and some are celebrating.
Speaking of celebrations, the cuts on this car (and most modern Mahindras and Tatas) are too overdone for my tastes, like a birthday cake cut by EVERY person participating in the celebrations..one cuts wide, another narrow, another upwards another downwards...each cut as per each ones aesthetic, different strokes by different folks!

Call me old school, but where are the simple straight lines that follow symmetry and handsome angularity. Being in product design for 30 years, I find these designs looking bizzare. The Kushaqs and Tiguans of this segment in comparison appear designed by people with actual form and proportion skills.

Also, what's with the milk white interiors! On a compact SUV...anyone with half a sporty lifestyle isn't going to enjoy keeping these shades clean. For me atleast, there is no Anand (happiness) in Mahindras current design philosophy, but to each their own!
AnAntinspired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 16:38   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
That Front end belongs on a HUGE Ford F150 sized vehicle.

On a sub-4m SUV vehicle, it just looks wrong.
Correct analogy. I think the problem might have been to reuse the C-design DRLs ( which look great in XUV 700 ) for smaller vehicle.
Can’t do that. No.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks