Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2024, 12:20   #391
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

I am a bit bemused reading the comments judging the looks of the car based on these pictures.

Infact, this is the same story with every modern day launches, be it the Creta or Nexon or Sonet et al.

At first we criticise the looks based purely on the social media pictures, and then the same folks find the looks palatable once they see the car in person. And finally, the looks become the USP of the vehicle once the sales start picking and we get used to seeing the vehicle on road.

But anyway, for me, looks has never been a priority, unless it is something downright ugly (like the erstwhile Estilo). Infact, I find the looks of the 3XO quite Ok and proportionate.

Where I am disappointed though is:

1. Lack of paddle shifters on the AT (Not many reviewers have mentioned it somehow).

2. Lack of ventilated seats (A boon in Indian summers and something which competetion has already done catching up on)

3. The Boot space though improved is still in the "hatchback/premium hatchback" category, so remains to be seen if a typical family of 4 can pack their summer vacation luggage on this and how practical it is in reality.

What I am really looking forward to is the TGDi + AT 's drivability and performance. We already know the TGDi is a good performer, and with the torque convertor this might just become the new favourite of enthusiasts and daily commuters alike in <15 lac bracket.

Last edited by DCEite : 30th April 2024 at 12:21.
DCEite is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:28   #392
BHPian

Looks like I am in a minority here. I actually don't mind the looks at all. Considering it is not a ground-up redesign, considering they have constraints like sub 4 meter & chopped off boot of the original, considering the cut-throat competition in the market, considering the need to stand out & not appear as another me too and so on, they have done a reasonable job.
Sanjunair5 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:29   #393
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

After looking at the front and back of XUV 3XO I am finding Nexon to be a beauty front and back now.
Finally they have one product which I would try to ignore in their showrooms.
Feature wise it is terrific and must also get Five Star safety in upcoming tests.
The bigger question is will it sell now?
Lets wait and watch for monthly sales figures of May 2024
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:30   #394

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Infact, this is the same story with every modern day launches, be it the Creta or Nexon or Sonet et al.

At first we criticise the looks based purely on the social media pictures, and then the same folks find the looks palatable once they see the car in person. And finally, the looks become the USP of the vehicle once the sales start picking and we get used to seeing the vehicle on road.

But anyway, for me, looks has never been a priority, unless it is something downright ugly (like the erstwhile Estilo)..
I echo your opinion on this!

The ventilated seats although are a boon, don't have much use as soon as the cabin cools up, there is also the option of aftermarket seat ventilation

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th April 2024 at 12:40.
fearswag16 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:32   #395
BHPian

By far the most anticipated car for me given the price bracket it comes in.

Let's see if Mahindra continues this pricing!

A lot is being said about the boot space and rightly so. The measurements given by Mahindra is a cheap stunt that needs to be shot down.

However, more than absolute volumes, it is often the design of the boot that makes a big difference on its utility. A closer look is required to understand how good or bad it really is.

Those looking to buy a sub 4 Mtr car are well aware of the boot limitations. In a trade-off between cabin space and boot space, I give premium to cabin space simply because that is more useful on a day to day basis while the boot loading is only occasional.

The original xuv300 is a very capable car and if this lives up to expectations of drive and comfort, this can do volumes, irrespective of the boot goof-up.
amitayu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:44   #396
BHPian

If a car has to be rejected with one look, it has to be this one!!
I agree to other team members, that is a successor to KUV100.
I hope they don't dish out the same treatment to sober looking XUV400
And I agree on the fantastic launch price - it is for grabbing attention. The lower variants will not be manufactured and will be available after a year or two only. And by that time the pricing would have increased significantly.

And WHITE interiors coupled with piano black plastered everywhere, this is going to be a nightmare to maintain.
The front headlights, grill, bumper, the kink in side cladding, the rear light bar which all are quirky and trun off for me.
Not to mention a slight shunt at front or rear is going to be very expensive with damages to headlights + DRLS and rear light bar.
Old 30th April 2024, 12:55   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Strategy-wise, it helps to stand out from the crowd and this Mahindra has a lot going for it in terms of bells and whistles. But from a design standpoint, let's see if they have gone too far this time.
For Mahindra being bold and wacky is the norm. I guess it somewhat justifies the "We live young, We live free" tagline. And regarding design, unconventional and ugly seems to sell in the market today. Otherwise how could that Verna which looks like an UFO in the night and a toothed monster by the day, have more sales than the conservatively designed City, or the Slavia/Virtus A
This makes the Venue in turn seem conservatively designed.
Mitadru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:55   #398
BHPian

I find it extremely difficult to understand how can height adjustable seats start from AX5 variants. None of the MX variants have seats which can be adjusted for height. Isn't this going to be an issue for folks below a certain height (say 5'5?). I wonder why is this not considered a safety feature as height adjustments allow us to get better front visibility.
Old 30th April 2024, 13:01   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Admire the outgoing beauty as the ugly one debuts!

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmzvyr3xaaacp_r.jpg

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmzvyr2wkaajkmm.jpg

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmzvyr0xeaaur27.jpg

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmzvyr0wqaaurw.jpg

The most confusing look!

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmzg6ywxmaakaw5.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th April 2024 at 13:05.
volkman10 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:05   #400
BHPian

I for one like the design. MM played it safe with the previous one. This is bold and in your face. It's already doing what it's supposed to do by getting people to talk about it. 300 was largely ignored by many in the sub compact segment. But not anymore, most buyers will definitely take a look at it before making a decision.
venukrithish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:16   #401
BHPian

Is it just me or does the front fascia resemble the Scorpio-N more than the XUV700?

I think it's a wonderful car with a great engine and great comfort - I've driven the old XUV300 and can vouch for the fact that other than the dated interiors, especially the media controls and the lack of boot space, this is an almost 10 on 10 car. They couldn't do much with the boot space and the interiors have been spruced up quite well. And I don't really mind the front face - it's quite sporty TBH. A good TC auto box and the rest of the updates should make it a good recommendation for people looking for a sub-4m and sub-20L car.

But I have a huge problem with this side cladding business - it just makes cars look tinier than they are, almost like toy cars! Right now if you haven't seen the XUV300 in person you'd think the new 3XO is the size of a Tata Punch because both have the same ridiculously high black plastic side cladding running all over the body of the car! Why?! :( That's why the 3XO looks good in black because you can't really see the cladding plastics eating up almost 30-40% of the door and body colors.

The image on the Mahindra home page is really cool and I like that look. Looked like a tiny muscle/racer car.

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-screenshot-20240430-1.14.078239pm.png

But that black all around in the real life photos is too wide and is so not my scene.
Evyas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:24   #402
BHPian

I am sure Pratap Bose took some inspiration from our costal Yakshagana artist's makeup

peace
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-malini.jpg  

sulliavi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:26   #403
BHPian

I've never been a fan of Mahindra's designs. The only exception was the Scorpio-N. But I'll also happily acknowledge that design tastes are personal.

I definitely do not find this design worth giving a second look (as BHPIans would do while walking away from their cars The rear looks overdone. The Kiger did this far better with subtle treatments.

That aside, the cabin definitely feels upgraded.
Old 30th April 2024, 13:39   #404
Senior - BHPian

Is there any variant with a dark interior? All white interior as well as in the boot too Seriously
Old 30th April 2024, 13:49   #405
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearswag16 View Post
The ventilated seats although are a boon, don't have much use as soon as the cabin cools up
No its not correct.

In summers, we need circulation around your specific body areas which the cabin cooling or ventilation did not provide. That becomes even more relevant when you step inside a car parked in open sky.

My Hycross had the ventilation feature and i am addicted to it. No more sweaty back now. Certainly you can adjust the flow of the air based on requirements.
UD17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks