Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2024, 10:05   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

I own the 2020 Oct 3OO and the looks are fantastic. Agree M&M has gone a little overboard with trying to experiment on the looks but we have to wait and watch the nos. game. That's all that matters at the end of the quarter. I somehow feel I am looking at the Quanto from some angle, not sure if anyone has felt the same. Would wait for the comprehensive review.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 10:33   #377
BHPian

When an eminent designer left Tata and joined Mahindra, I personally felt it was a loss to Tata as the cars designed from the Tata stable were evolving really nice. And then this. It's a pity if his creativity has got restricted out in Mahindra and I hope the newer cars are not following the same "confused" design theme. I would love to see both Mahindra and Tata dish out word class cars.

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-3xo.jpg

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-nexon.jpg

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 30th April 2024 at 10:43.
abhisheksircar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:00   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
When an eminent designer left Tata and joined Mahindra, I personally felt it was a loss to Tata as the cars designed from the Tata stable were evolving really nice---
The so-called eminent design head was just a created hype. Now u=you will see his 'true creativity' in the plethora of cars in the pipeline.

Tata can now sigh in relief seeing the Mahindra 3XO design.
volkman10 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:13   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ1211 View Post
I am still not able to digest the front look! Is anyone else feeling the same? Features are great but still don't see the boot space addressed.
You are right, it looks weird. Looks like KUV100 from some angles.
Asish_VK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:20   #380
BANNED

I will reserve my opinion about looks till I see car in person. I guess it's not the best design here but not the worst either. Mahindra is always popular in tier 2 & 3 cities as well as in rural India and they love their designs. Mahindra is never very popular in urban crowd. People from that part like quirky designs.

Mahindra has done many things right with this car. It is feature loaded and has nice interiors. Duel tone gives it a premium look. Also pricing is good IMHO. Also Mahindra has chosen colors carefully for this car. All colors are looking good, darker shades will suit this particular car more I guess. Overall a good effort by them. All the best Mahindra.
aniketi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:29   #381

Its a 3 cylinder, that's the only glitch.
amalvip2811 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:40   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra XUV3XO media drive begins:

Attachment 2600657

Attachment 2600656

Link:
The design look digestible in these outdoor pics. Kudos to M&M for keeping it competitively priced, physical buttons on dashboard especially for the aircon, and safety features. They missed out on the ventilated seats which the competition offers.

Also, the boot is very deep and it'll be cumbersome to lift out heavy luggage which is placed always at the bottom of the stack.

The MX3 variant under 10 lakhs ex showroom will be a top seller.

ASP007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:47   #383
BHPian

I think it is hard to get the aesthetics right when you aren't starting from scratch - especially when you are told to integrate certain new age design elements (connected tail lamps, long DRL's) on an older design.

I hate these connected LED tail-lamps that can get super bright in the night. Well designed cars have these things sorted - but the components for cheaper mass market products won't usually take such nuances into consideration. Our roads aren't always well lit and this make it even more of a problem. It started with LED lamps at the front and now you aren't spared if you are following one either.
thomahawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:48   #384
BHPian

No two thoughts, the front end is ugly to say the least, need to see the person who designed the circular headlights Rear as well it is a ripoff from Renault Kiger if not for connected lights, pricing is very aggressive, and even that will be a gimmick from Mahindra. They will increase the price shortly with no price protection. Lets see how this will fair in the coming months.

Image source Google

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-capture.jpg
vvivek85 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:00   #385

To be honest I don't find the car half as bad looking as I thought of XUV700 at its launch. Now we have an XUV700 at home to go with the second generation XUV500.
Mahindra has consistently launched polarizing cars that all of us gawked at till we saw the value it offered compared to its rivals and then just gave in and bought it. Im just happy that they included and Auto IRVM. The repentance all Mahindra owners had to do to get this one feature. Give me ventilated seats and I'll quietly shut up and buy all your Frankensteins.
Eleanor_Shelby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:04   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Points gleaned from various sources
Just realized, the XUV3X0 MX2 Pro AT variant has,
  • Proper automatic gearbox.
  • Single pane sunroof.
  • The renowned ride, handling and power.
  • Real SUV feel.
All at 9.99 L ! This could be the most no-nonsense variant across segments if one is ok with the front looks. An ideal car for first time buyers.

Last edited by sapien : 30th April 2024 at 12:07.
sapien is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:05   #387
BHPian

Looks a little different, but it has some design cues from the XUV700. Pricing is insanely good, although if it's a repeat of what they did for the XUV700, that wouldn't be all that nice. I do think the new Nexon looks way better, but Manindra's engines are just best in class. Plus look at everything you're getting for the AX7 MT variant at 12.49 ex showroom, really makes the Nexon seem very overpriced.
Old 30th April 2024, 12:06   #388
BHPian

The headlight assembly looks like it was taken from the previous gen Creta!
Old 30th April 2024, 12:06   #389
BHPian

Has the chopped off look everywhere, the rear, the front and even the dash area
From the side, it looks like the Punch. There is no presence and looks like a hotchpotch of different panels.
PreludeSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 12:19   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
When an eminent designer left Tata and joined Mahindra, I personally felt it was a loss to Tata as the cars designed from the Tata stable were evolving really nice.
I came here to post exactly this. Tata cars have moved from polarizing designs (first gen Nexon) to more amenable aesthetics now. Mahindra on the other hand still remains as polarizing as ever. This seems to be a logical successor to KUV 100 rather XUV 300. The side profile of this car is the only view that I find palatable.

Strategy-wise, it helps to stand out from the crowd and this Mahindra has a lot going for it in terms of bells and whistles. But from a design standpoint, let's see if they have gone too far this time.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmvpr9ja0aa_5ja.jpg  

Last edited by warrioraks : 30th April 2024 at 12:20.
warrioraks is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks