Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 22:30   #361
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

One frustrating decision is that AX5 is not available with TGDI and AT. If we want TGDI, then it is only manual or we have to move to AX5L and get ADAS and 360deg cam. With Mahindra's struggles on the software front with XUV7OO even after 2 years, I want as little software in the car as possible but can't get an AT with TGDI.

Another weird choice is to not give height adjustable driver seat in any MX variant. Tata also does this where it keeps it for higher variants. Do they not like tall/short people?

On the positive side, I dig the Citrine yellow color and the piano black and beige interiors. This is coming from someone who finds the tubelight of Verna yucky and no amount of looking at it has made me grow accustomed to it in any color. So much so that when the thought of owning one comes to my mind, this tubelight pops up as a potential issue and no other car has made me think that.

Last edited by vvs29 : 29th April 2024 at 22:35.
vvs29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 22:48   #362
BHPian

Despite the car's polarising looks, it fits into Mahindra's SUV design language. The front looks like a fusion of Scorpio N and XUV 700. The rear is just following the latest car trend of connected tail lights, which I reckon have become the new sunroof - everyone wants one. The front AC unit and the other ancillary function buttons do not match the snazzy exterior. Also, is it me, or the interior seems more leaning towards the whiter shade of the palette compared to the older one, which was mostly visibly beige. I saw a video of a lower variant that came with black seats that made more practical sense. Could not find any images of the MX1 variant anywhere for now. I wonder how the design looks on it, considering it has halogen headlights.
r2212xx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 22:54   #363
Senior - BHPian

The rear of 3XO is nicely done. Its the front, which is, in typical Mahindra fashion, polarising. It reaffirms my opinion about Mahindra and its liking towards alien tech. This car wouldn't look out of place in District 9.

Had I not seen the BE cars, I would have assumed it for sure that Tata Motors has implanted Pratap Bose in Mahindra as a double agent

Still, only when I have a look at it in the flesh, I will be able to make up my mind if I like the design or not. At least, in the images, it makes the 300 previous gen look a lot classier. My sympathies are with the designers of the first gen. Sharing a meme, in solidarity with them.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-8of988.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 23:09   #364
BHPian

Is the more powerful petrol engine more efficient even in real-world use vs the standard turbo petrol? Does direct injection also help in NVH levels? I hear my neighbors petrol xuv 300 having a really noisy charecter especially on lower speeds. Makes the car seem quite unrefined.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 23:20   #365
BHPian

Um M&M :
Name:  Screenshot 20240429 231019.png
Views: 487
Size:  383.1 KB

The XUV700 and the Scorpio N were heading in the right direction when it comes to design. Yes they had quirky bits here and there, but the overall package made the cars seem upmarket and elegant : "grown up" and "mature" to some extent.

Even the 300, though dated, looked smart and even European in design language.

This one though, OH BOY, is an abomination, its way too over styled and too busy. So many clashing elements, materials and textures

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-xuv300exteriorrightfrontthreequarter148709.png

Look at this, which one comes off as more contemporary and mature?

I feel like Mahindra is trying make it appeal to younger buyers, hence the exaggerated design elements and bright colors, but come on, you guys claim to make "world class" products but this thing doesn't have an ounce of class
Attached Images

Last edited by amoi : 29th April 2024 at 23:21.
amoi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 23:22   #366
BHPian

The turbo petrol has the same power and torque as BMW X1 petrol (18i). So, engine wise, luxury car makers are cutting down and volume segment makers are ramping up.
autobahnjpr is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 00:23   #367
BHPian

First things first, the looks of the vehicle are downright ugly. No two ways about it.
But, Mahindra has done what nobody, including Maruti, seems to be doing for the Indian consumer since so many years: a truly VFM car.
Just look at the spec sheet of the base variant MX1. This is ALL the car an average consumer needs. Brezza, Nexon, Venue, Sonet, etc etc, nobody seems to be offering these many features(which are actually used in day to day life) in any of their base models:
Electric ORVM.
6 airbags.(Brezza doesn't have this)
ESC. ISOFIX.
16 inch wheels.(Venue and Sonet don't have this.)
All 4 power windows.(Venue and Sonet don't have this)
Front armrest with storage.(Brezza misses this.)
60:40 split seats(I think none of the base model of 4m suvs have this)
Front and Rear charging ports(Brezza doens't have this)
Adjustable headrests for rear seats(Brezza, Sonet, Venue don't have this)
The above are safety and convenience features.
Then there are even more features, which are nice to have:
Bi-halogen projector headlamps.
LED DRL
LED Tail lamp
Seatbelt reminder for all 5 passengers.
Probably a 4-5 star safety rating car.
All this for 7.49 lacs Ex-showroom. How amazing is that! This is the price at which you don't even get a decent variant of a Baleno!
Massive respect to Mahindra for setting the benchmark in base models! Salute.
DeepakS is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 03:12   #368
BHPian

For the first time I am disagreeing with the forum and I see the design as quite catchy. To me it certainly doesn't seem bad and looks similar to even new ford endeavour with headlamps housed in a C shape.

This seems like the only worthwhile sub 4M choice in the segment if your family is on the taller and heftier size looking at the space on offer. Really liked this product but I am too into EVs, hopefully XUV 4x0 launches soon.
VaibhavShatna95 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 04:44   #369
BHPian

Some noteworthy positives:
  1. Much needed refresh to the interiors.
  2. Rear end now much cohesive and better looking.
  3. This is the only genuine 5 seater car. Glad they didn't sacrifice too much knee room for luggage space. Rear seat is even better than cars from the higher segment.
  4. Slightly better boot space (38L) which is always welcome here. GC also up by 21mm to 201mm.
  5. Simply cannot ignore the base turbo petrol now, very easy to recommend over all the hatchbacks, Punch/Exter and Brezza/Sonet/Nexon. If I was looking at this segment, this is it. As DeepakS pointed out truly VFM. Also it comes with all 4 disc brakes.
  6. The peak rev-range for the base turbo petrol starts from 1500rpm, this means much better drivability compared to the older car (peak torque started at 2000rpm earlier) - noteworthy improvement.
Now to the front looks:
Classic case of "the designer doesn't know when to stop". As someone rightly pointed out it looks like a half done DC mod job. Only black looks good because it masks the totally unnecessary & overdone front end.

On a lighter note, feels like moustache man and the Nuvosport spent too much time behind the bushes.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-download.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-img_20240430_041706.jpg  

John316_WRC is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 05:39   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

The design is something being talked about a lot. There have been times when people have not been happy with Mahindra designs in photo but the actual in person opinion changes. Let us wait to see the car in flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
The above are safety and convenience features.

Massive respect to Mahindra for setting the benchmark in base models! Salute.
Another very important thing is 3 point ELR seatbelt for all.
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 06:43   #371
BHPian

Folks, yes the design is polarizing, quirky etc. And not what we would have liked it to be. It will eventually grow on us I guess. (Guess Tata has the best design language going among the top 5 OEMs today. But it goes downhill from there - QC, ASS etc.)
But look at the upsides - turbo petrol with TC gearbox, modern interiors and feature set, robust build quality and so on.
I do agree, would have been good to have an AX5 variant without ADAS. I, for one, continue to purchase the non-ADAS trim.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 30th April 2024 at 06:46. Reason: Formatting, Additional text
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 07:11   #372

Previous model XUV300 looked far better, specially the front design. Now it looks odd, the head light positioning and front grill look awkward.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th April 2024 at 07:19.
som2024 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 07:27   #373
BHPian

Looks aside, the specs of the base variants are downright impressive. All necessary safety features packed in. India’s unsatiated appetite for mini SUVs should bring in good numbers for them at these attractive price points.
raghuveerk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 08:55   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV3XO media drive begins:

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmyxwyzwiaawbl4.jpg

Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh-gmyxwwyweaadpjc.jpg

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th April 2024 at 08:56.
volkman10 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 09:52   #375
BHPian

These design elements on the front and back would have looked great on a full size SUV. But looks odd and forced on a sub 4 m compact car.

Good move getting the level 2 ADAS on such a car at this price.

And they took a couple of pages of the Korean feature masters playbook and loaded it with features.

But leaves a little bad taste when they tried to get cheeky by misrepresenting the boot space using a useless measurement method.

Great pricing too. Have to see on how many actually get the car at these prices.

Good Job Mahindra
callmeneo is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks