Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 20:58   #346
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV 3XO launched at Rs. 7.49 lakh

The launch Brochure is up on the website now. Personally even I don't like the front of this car. But, it sure is feature loaded...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAHINDRA XUV3XO Launch Brochure Apr 2024.pdf (11.66 MB, 163 views)
AdityaDeane is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:01   #347
BHPian

People are making all the possible comments about the car looking 'Ugly'. This was the case for Hyundai Creta too and the rest is history. Coz the same people will go and buy the very same 'Ugly' car and the sales will be shooting through the roof. So, its a silly point to discuss. The point of discussion should be the 364 litres of boot space 'Until the roof'. Who sells USP of a car like that???
Sids85 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:04   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Let's not be too polite. It's eye-wateringly ugly.
I had some similar thoughts when the previous gen Creta was launched in Feb 2020. Then as time passed and more of them were on the roads, I realized that our socially accultured brains would accept any car design/trend if enough prople seem to buy/endorse it. This design too is a bit insectoid for sure but as/if it becomes common enough on the roads, these emotions may soften too.
Vtach is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:07   #349
Senior - BHPian

From the videos I've seen, 3XO is quite underwhelming to be honest. Interior still hasn't received the treatment the bigger siblings got. Front and rear are polarizing! Front is somewhat nice in the black, gold and white shade. Let's wait for official reviews.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:14   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Looking at the side view, it doesn't look like the wheelbase will translate into good legroom. It has a huge bonnet, and the cabin is far from the front wheels.
Old 29th April 2024, 21:22   #351
BHPian

The tire size on the top variant leaves little options for swapping to a better brand. 215/55/R17 seems overkill!
Old 29th April 2024, 21:29   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
I had some similar thoughts when the previous gen Creta was launched in Feb 2020. Then as time passed and more of them were on the roads, I realized that our socially accultured brains would accept any car design/trend if enough prople seem to buy/endorse it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sids85 View Post
People are making all the possible comments about the car looking 'Ugly'. This was the case for Hyundai Creta too and the rest is history.
Similarly the 2nd gen Honda City was a very controversial design at the time of launch but went onto to become a huge sales success.

That said, the likes of Creta and City (historically) were very powerful brands in their own right and have ('had' in the case of City) a huge following. A new model is guaranteed initial sales success and as a result we see these cars on the road slowly digesting the design.

This on the other hand is a new model name, hence might not enjoy that advantage.
Old 29th April 2024, 21:31   #353
BHPian

Oh God, I seem to be having indigestion issues.. err, I mean design indigestion. What have they done?! Atleast the earlier iteration was good looking, if not proportionate. Now it is neither good looking nor proportionate. I simply don't understand one thing - don't designers have a look at their design before finalising it? Do they design cars blindly? Even the mighty Pratap Bose couldn't break free from Mahindra's trait of over designing!

No matter how well the car is packed with features or safety or anything else, a bad design is a huge turn off atleast personally. And don't get me started on the nomenclature. As I said before, XUV3XO sounds like Elon Musk's next kid's name
CentreOfGravity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:37   #354

Mahindra has nailed the pricing of the mx 3 pro MT and mx2 pro AT by keeping them under 10lakhs helping us save tax and TCS (karnataka).
fearswag16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:39   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreOfGravity View Post
Oh God, I seem to be having indigestion issues.. err, I mean design indigestion. What have they done?! Atleast the earlier iteration was good looking, if not proportionate. Now it is neither good looking nor proportionate. I simply don't understand one thing - don't designers have a look at their design before finalising it? Do they design cars blindly? Even the mighty Pratap Bose couldn't break free from Mahindra's trait of over designing!

No matter how well the car is packed with features or safety or anything else, a bad design is a huge turn off atleast personally. And don't get me started on the nomenclature. As I said before, XUV3XO sounds like Elon Musk's next kid's name
Lets wait and see the car in dealerships, I had the same opinion for verna and xuv70, but in real life the design is good and has quite grown on me
fearswag16 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 21:47   #356
BHPian

I mean there's an absolute case of value proposition here but the design looks so bad in the first impressions. Even Exter pulled off a slightly better design than this. Will it be a case of Creta, i20 kind of design, only time will tell.

I do think that the black color looks way better on this. Let's see what exterior modifications people will bring to the table to make it better.
Old 29th April 2024, 22:00   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Not looking at the cheeky 364L, but the 295L seems to have been eked out but dropping the boot floor it seems. The bottom level suitcase has almost disappeared in the boot sill. Well designed boot spaces have minimal sill height to make it easier for the luggage to be yanked out. Wonder where the spare wheel is!
In the brochure, spare wheel size is mentioned as 135/90. In XUV3OO, I think Mahindra used to provide spare wheel with 215/55 size. So that’s where Mahindra has squeezed out that additional ~40L of boot space for 3XO.
bwildrd#1 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 22:09   #358

In terms of design, it's still acceptable, and we'll likely adjust to it. However, there are a few shortcomings, such as the lack of ventilated seats, a boot that appears similar to the previous generation, the absence of a torque converter in the diesel variant, and an interior dominated by beige tones. Many were expecting a dual-tone option at least, and the panoramic sunroof, which abruptly ends in the middle of the rear seat, doesn't extend like those in the Seltos or Creta.
Old 29th April 2024, 22:16   #359

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ1211 View Post
I am still not able to digest the front look! Is anyone else feeling the same? Features are great but still don't see the boot space addressed.
Agree! The front looks awkward. Mahindra seems to have missed a trick with interior styling as the dashboard looks dated even after full revamp.
Old 29th April 2024, 22:18   #360
BHPian

Points gleaned from various sources,
  • That front makes it look smaller! Rear is modern and palatable.
  • The boot space is better than XUV300, but still not great.
  • ADAS Level 2, EPB, Rain sensing wipers, panoramic sunroof and more features!
  • The 1.2 Tgdi petrol engine gets modes now and a proper AT gearbox.
  • Widest cabin and legroom in the segment.
  • No ventilated seats - anyhow the ones in XUV700 are just okay.
  • Auto dimming IRVM, hopefully the same can be retrofit in the 700.
  • Automatics start at a lower price point than competition and there’s a single pane sunroof on lower variants.
  • The pricing is pretty aggressive, but it’s definitely not going to pull buyers from Creta-Seltos or GV-Hyryder. May be Taigun-Kushaq will get impacted till the time Skoda’s Kyroq/Kylaq comes out.

Lately all the facelifts in sub4 metre segment have ruined the original’s looks- may it be Brezza, Nexon or the Sonet. Only the Venue is left will a relatively cleaner design. Had better expectations from Pratap Bose on this front. Tata's Italian folks are doing a way better job in terms of product design.

Last edited by sapien : 29th April 2024 at 22:45.
sapien is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks