Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2023, 06:57   #46
BHPian

Re: 2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
To me, AC works very fine. Only gripe is large sunroof which cooks the car really well in strong sun.

I am planning to get something done for it, will post as soon it gets completed.
During a recent long drive, I set the temperature to 20 deg C and it was ok. I didnot have full load yet on long drives to see how aircon fares.
Old 5th September 2023, 14:38   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
Took the delivery today.
Attachment 2452131
- Filled with xp95 in IOCL coco bunk.
- Got a quote while at dealer for 1.64l for PPF. Having 2 minds whether to take the plunge. The dealer is esperto from Koramangala.
Hi, Congratulations on buying new Kodiaq. My brother is about to finalise the same car. What kind of discounts were you able to get?
Old 5th September 2023, 15:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_plzz View Post
Hi, Congratulations on buying new Kodiaq. My brother is about to finalise the same car. What kind of discounts were you able to get?
When I purchased it in May 2023, there were no discounts. I am not sure what it is today.
Old 6th September 2023, 07:34   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Given that every piece of this vehicle brought to India has a buyer, I don't see why Skoda should discount the Kodiaq. Maybe a free umbrella .

Last edited by Sheel : 6th September 2023 at 08:45. Reason: Kodiak = Kodiaq. Thanks.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 09:33   #50
BHPian

I test drove the Kodiaq a couple of days ago and I felt that the car was sluggish when compared to a Tiguan. However the Kodiaq was way superior in terms of build quality and interiors.

How is the Skoda after sales service in Pune, especially for the Kodiaq since it is a CKD that's being sold? Are the service advisors knowledgeable enough to read DTC codes and diagnose any niggles?
Old 9th September 2023, 00:23   #51
BHPian

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/kodiaq-checkprice
Kodiaq Variant Ex-showroom Price
Style AT ₹ 38 50 338
Sportline AT ₹ 39 92 230
L&K AT ₹ 41 94 932

Looks like price has increased from earlier launch price by 50k

Style – Rs 37.99 lakh
Sportline – Rs 39.39 lakh
L&K – Rs 41.39 lakh
freebear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 00:53   #52
BHPian

Hi all,

I have been eyeing the Kodiaq since the early part of this year, when the new version leaks started popping up on websites. While the interiors of the new Kodiaq are terrific, I feel the exterior design is slightly less muscular and somehow reminds me of S-cross. The existing exterior design looks lovely to me. Plus, I feel the new one will be at least 10–15 lacs more expensive.

Anyhow, so I have two offers for the existing Kodiaq model from a dealer in Delhi: one from February 2023 (White) and June 2023 (Lava Blue). The discount on white is 50 k more than the one I'm getting on blue. My questions to all of you are as follows:

1) The dealer tells me that usually Kodiaq has old manufactured stock as its CKD. There is nothing wrong with both cars, and my warranty anyway would start when I buy them. Should I buy old stock like that, especially with good discounts for the end of the year?

2) If I do not care about the color - is it okay to buy the February 2023 white one? What should I look for to ensure I'm not getting a rough deal?

3) Any past Kodiaq buyers—do you guys have a specific PDI list that I can refer to? Apologies if this is a repeat question. If you have a recommendation, please do share a link.

Thank you.
Old 26th December 2023, 11:41   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Hi all,

2) If I do not care about the color - is it okay to buy the February 2023 white one? What should I look for to ensure I'm not getting a rough deal?
I don't think that should be any issue. My cousin closed a deal last week for a white L&K and he also got a March mfg date and the stock availability is quite low. With the kind of discounts on offer I don't see any cars available beyond 2nd week January. Pitch couple of dealers against each other and you may even get a higher discount now. He got a sweet ~5.75L flat off ex-showroom.

Good luck for your purchase
Old 26th December 2023, 15:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
I don't think that should be any issue. My cousin closed a deal last week for a white L&K and he also got a March mfg date and the stock availability is quite low. With the kind of discounts on offer I don't see any cars available beyond 2nd week January. Pitch couple of dealers against each other and you may even get a higher discount now. He got a sweet ~5.75L flat off ex-showroom.

Just back from PDI and everything seemed fine including the E20 sticker

I couldnt do much driving but within the stockyard when I wanted to take a tight u-turn the brakes started groaning a bit. Is that normal?

There was 17kms on the ODO.

The dealer mentioned it is normal and usually happens in new cars and it improves one drives the car around etc.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-img_1603.jpg  

2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-img_1604.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 17:02   #55
BHPian

Quote:

I couldnt do much driving but within the stockyard when I wanted to take a tight u-turn the brakes started groaning a bit. Is that normal?

The dealer mentioned it is normal and usually happens in new cars and it improves one drives the car around etc.

Thanks.
Groaning happens due to water/rust on discs. Its normal and as you drive for 100-200m it would be fine.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 13:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Go ahead. I took the plunge in May 2023 , happy so far except the lag in response in D3 to D5. D6 and D7 on a high way is a breeze. No body roll and all the occupants felt very comfortable despite bumpy roads. Enjoy the bear.
Old 5th January 2024, 14:40   #57
BHPian

Happy to report that I had a small part to play in Skoda India's successful 2023.

Bought the Bear on 27th December, and I was able to snag almost 5.70 lacs of discount from Zedex Skoda in Delhi. This is my first ever luxury SUV so I've been feeling very chuffed about it, and I'm filling only XP95

On the 28th morning, we went off to Jim Corbett to celebrate the New Year and I had a pleasant time driving it on the highways, though bit more scared in small towns - with the worry of somebody scratching it It was bit liberating for me to treat the new car engine without any kid gloves like in my previous cars.

Noticed few things in the last 10 days or so, so wanted to share it here with all of you:

1) The alloy wheels showed dirt accumulation, and the dealer mentioned it could be related to brake fluid, and those issues will automatically get sorted post 800 or so kms, and every Skoda has it initially. True?

2) There have been a couple of instances in the last two days in the city when the car has suddenly braked and "Manouever braking" flashes on the screen.

3) There's this irritating habit of the car turning itself off in start-stop traffic, even when Auto Stop is off. I feel such quick stops and starts would only decrease my mileage. Any tips to make those go away?

4) Have got the graphene coating done on the car. I did read here in the forums that it is almost ceramic only, with little to nothing of actual graphene. I have also read about the two-bucket rinse method. Hope I can stick to it.

Cheers all.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-img_1652.jpg  

2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-img_1679.jpg  

2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh-img_1963.jpg  

Vish_Janu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 15:18   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Noticed few things in the last 10 days or so, so wanted to share it here with all of you:

1) The alloy wheels showed dirt accumulation, and the dealer mentioned it could be related to brake fluid, and those issues will automatically get sorted post 800 or so kms, and every Skoda has it initially. True?

2) There have been a couple of instances in the last two days in the city when the car has suddenly braked and "Manouever braking" flashes on the screen.

3) There's this irritating habit of the car turning itself off in start-stop traffic, even when Auto Stop is off. I feel such quick stops and starts would only decrease my mileage. Any tips to make those go away?

Cheers all.
Congratulations on the Kodiaq! A beautiful car and a capable mile muncher which is bound to keep you happy!

Coming to your queries:
1. It isn't brake fluid, but brake dust since the brakes are new. It will settle down around now to nominal levels.

2. Maneuver braking happens when you are too close to an object at low speeds and the car steps in to correct it. It is there on our Tiguan as well & there is a way to toggle it off from the settings.
Along with braking, it should even auto fold your mirrors if it senses it can get hit.

3. If auto start is switched off then it shouldn't start-stop on it's own. Have it checked once with the dealer.
lamborghini is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 16:16   #59
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
He got a sweet ~5.75L flat off ex-showroom.

Thanks for the info. Does this amount include charges of extended warranty/ accessories, reduction in insurance amount or did those have to be paid for separately?

Last edited by One : 5th January 2024 at 16:19.
Old 5th January 2024, 17:04   #60
BHPian

Brake groaning will decrease over time but certainly won't go away.

When you deactivate automatic start stop - car engine doesn't stop on its own when not moving - kindly double check.

Also, do turn on the passenger seat air bag - it's generally left off.

Welcome to the club!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks