Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2023, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Re: A Close Look | Red Dark Edition of the Tata Safari & Harrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post
Thanks Aditya.
Finally a detailed post on the Red Dark editions. Expecting to take delivery of my Safari Red Dark XZA+ on Tuesday or Wednesday. Car looks good in person. More about it when I get my hands on it.
I recently bought the Tropical Mist top spec and during my initial test drives I was given the option to drive the Red Dark edition. I agree 100% with you, it looks stunning in person and the Red may look in-your-face in the pictures but in reality is very subtle and adds to the oomph quotient of the car. Anyone who loves black and dark should absolutely go for this version.
Ashwin Morey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 18:03   #17
BHPian

MOD NOTE : CAN YOU PLEASE STOP QUOTING AN ENTIRELY LARGE POST?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Tata Motors unveiled the Red Dark edition of the Safari and Harrier at the Auto Expo, which was held in January 2023.
Tata is on a roll with these special editions. I don't think there's anything special about it anymore since they launch a new edition very frequently.

A word of caution I would give to any potential buyer is that 10-15 years down the line, it will be almost impossible to get trim pieces for these cars. If this was being done by a global manufacturer, this wouldn't have been so much of a problem. However, Tata, being an Indian manufacturer, there would be very limited supply of any trim pieces years down the line.

This is actually a problem with most of the Indian cars or models that were sold in limited numbers. Even getting a part for a regular Tata Sumo is a challenge. Therefore, I can only imagine how this would age 10 years down the line. Anyways, as of now, it's definitely a good marketing exercise.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 6th May 2023 at 11:26. Reason: Mod Note Attached.
cefiljoseph is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 5th May 2023, 18:07   #18
BHPian

I have a bone to pick with this design. The almost complete lack of any contrasting chrome/light coloured elements in the interior (A/C vent borders for example, a thin chrome border would have looked incredibly tasteful) makes this look more like a base model than a special edition to be honest. If not for the red inserts (which I have to say are growing on me), the interior would end up looking incredibly dull!

The same goes for the exterior, albiet to a lesser extent. Some contrasting chrome would look incredibly tasteful and spice up the design a little. Take a look at the original dark edition for example. The subtle use of chrome looked incredibly classy (apart from around the rear bumper perhaps), better than this edition I feel.
A Close Look | Red Dark Edition of the Tata Safari & Harrier-harrier-dark.jpg

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 5th May 2023 at 18:11.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 20:10   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not driven the recent facelifts of the Harrier or Safari, but have TATA removed the irritating left knee intersection with the dashboard. In the initial Harrier, it was a bad oversight - for people below 5'7" it was not an issue but for taller people, it was hard to find a comfortable position for the left leg, as the footwell was cramped and the left side of the leg around the knee area clashed with the swooping arc of the lower design element of the dash. It was especially problematic in the MT variants when using the clutch. It was evidently designed and tested by short people!
Old 5th May 2023, 21:07   #20
BHPian

Looks neat. A bit flashy inside but not overdone, and I'm happy the red is just limited to the upholstery.
I guess I was living under a rock because I didn't realise the Safari had got this new sweet looking infotainment screen and instrument cluster!
Went to the website to checkout the variants.. is this real? My head hurts just by looking at it. In total there are 34 different variations of the Safari!

Name:  Screenshot 24.png
Views: 863
Size:  46.4 KBName:  Screenshot 25.png
Views: 844
Size:  76.0 KB
TaurusSHO is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed