Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 10:54   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Indian cars with good & weak air-conditioners | Share your reviews here

I have already commented on my Tiago's performance , which is about 4.5/5. My 2023 Verna, which is experiencing its first summer- I would rate it at 4/5. The all black upholstery of the cabin doesnt help things either. It's good that the car itself is white coloured.
Old 22nd April 2024, 11:10   #137
BHPian

I have experienced excellent AC performance in my Scorpio-N, it also comes with rear independent AC unit to make the car a mini Ladakh

But, exact opposite in our i20, auto AC not able to cope up with the summer heat in our coastal city and stopped cooling itself multiple times. Hyundai has this issue in few of their cars.
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:05   #138
Senior - BHPian

Kia Sonet D-AT
AC is brilliant. I will rate it 4.5/5. Even in scorching heat of NCR it takes little time to bring the in cabin temperature down.

Tiago Diesel - AC is strictly OK since start. Will rate it 3/5.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:17   #139
BHPian

Hyundai, specifically the i10 and Aura I have traveled extensively, doesn't have great AC. Their ACs stop cooling if the car gets stuck in traffic and stops moving. I have not seen this with any other cars but with Hyundai cars
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:10   #140
BHPian

If I had to rate the cars I've driven, the Ford Figo has a chiller AC, while the ACs in the Grand i10 and Maruti Alto were not as great.
It's Magic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:19   #141
BHPian

• Tiago 3/5 : Going against the tide here, but ours is from the 1st batch from May 2016, it has a poor AC, felt hot in Pune's heat which is not much compared to northern states. Also, at blower speed > 2 it makes lot of noise. Probably they improved it significantly after the initial feedback.
  • XUV700 4/5 : Outstanding, it cools a hot car very swiftly - max AC mode is quite useful.
  • Glanza 4/5 : Very good, cools in Delhi summers.
  • Creta 4/5 : Had a small experience in relative's car, its quite a chiller.
  • Etios 5/5 : Its a chiller!
  • Camry 4/5 : It cools well in Vegas in Aug weather.
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:40   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Hyundai, specifically the i10 and Aura I have traveled extensively, doesn't have great AC. Their ACs stop cooling if the car gets stuck in traffic and stops moving. I have not seen this with any other cars but with Hyundai cars
Is this the issue that you mention: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5747809 (Air-conditioner works only when car is moving)
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:46   #143
BHPian

Did OP mean the thread to be filled with AC reviews of current cars? Since he mentioned "prospective buyers".

Anyway, both my cars have chiller ACs. Tiago petrol's AC performance is well known here, it's really strong.

I was surprised to find my Aspires AC even stronger. On a HOT (40-42°C) day where the interiors would be like lava to touch, the AC on "Max AC" mode takes around 2-3 minutes to cool down the entire cabin. Amazing AC. Although one complaint I have with it is, it's weirdly a bit weak above 24°C ACC temperature, below 24 it's an absolute beast. I can count on my hands the number of times I have taken it below 20.

Last edited by SaiSW : 22nd April 2024 at 17:51.
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:01   #144
BHPian

It's due to the puny compressor, also used in Baleno (2022 onwards) and Fronx, which takes almost 10 mins to cool down a heated car in exchange for better mileage. Because of this deficient AC, I had to buy an i20.

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...ly/95200m55t00

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
An update to my ac for Glanza.
Replaced my 5 year Glanza with the new facelift Glanza and Ac cooling seems to have dropped in the facelift.

Not sure, is it the early cutoff of compressor due to increasing mileage or rear ac vents added, but it’s not at par compared to old Glanza. I had bought my new Glanza just last week.

Will be going to service centre to get it checked
Attached Images

Last edited by Gotcha : 22nd April 2024 at 18:04.
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:33   #145
BHPian

Past cars:

Alto 800 (2006) - Good
Hyundai Elite i20 (2015) - Good

Present cars:

MG Hector (2022) - Excellent
Maruti S-presso (2024) - Excellent
Old 23rd April 2024, 12:41   #146
BHPian

Just checked online, the compressor is different in Baleno from 2022 onwards, seems a bit smaller as well as cheaper by about Rs.2000/-.

That's evident that there is cost cutting as well as to increase mileage of the car they have compromised on Air Conditioning of the car.
Old 23rd April 2024, 13:36   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post
An update to my ac for Glanza.
Replaced my 5 year Glanza with the new facelift Glanza and Ac cooling seems to have dropped in the facelift.

Not sure, is it the early cutoff of compressor due to increasing mileage or rear ac vents added, but it’s not at par compared to old Glanza. I had bought my new Glanza just last week.
I have both the old Baleno from 2016 and the new one from 2022. The AC in the new Baleno is just pathetic.
As another member just posted above my post, they have reduced the size of the compressor. What a shame.

Maruti does not care about consequences resulting from their over zealous cost cutting initiatives.
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:17   #148

- Venue 2021: Outright bad AC system. Front blowers barely do a thing even on the lowest setting and the rear blowers are as good as non-existent. I hope the newer Venue models are any better. 2/5

- Fortuner Legender: 4 zone climate control is a huge plus point in my opinion. Cools the cabin not instantly but at a respectable pace. My only gripe is the rear blower positioning; it is too 'in your face'

Only if they moved them from the top to the B-pillars, and accommodated a sunroof there instead 4/5

- E-Class: Excellent cooling overall. Nothing to point out even if I try to. 5/5
Old 24th April 2024, 17:01   #149
BHPian

I have decent AC in my 2013 Diesel Swift, recently condenser got leaked and the car started throwing warm air, got it checked and replaced the condenser and AC now working fine but I am not satisfied with the performance, if the vents are not towards your face you will start sweating, I have to keep blower on 2 and 1 speed of blower is useless, if I keep it on 3 or 4, it feels like a storm in the cabin.
Old 25th April 2024, 10:45   #150
pms
BHPian

Excellent AC on my 1.5L Turbo Alcazar. Used it extensively during my long drives in TN, and KL recently with 4 pax on board. Never ever felt it was lagging at temperatures around 41-42C. Blower had to be kept at max only for a short post re-starting from an open air parking.

AC of my old Honda City was also good, though at high temperatures I had to keep the blower at max for sometime until the cabin gets comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks