Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2023, 17:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota temporarily halts bookings of Innova Hycross ZX & ZX (O) variants

Toyota dealerships will stop accepting bookings for the ZX and ZX (O) variants of the Innova Hycross from April 8, 2023.

Toyota temporarily halts bookings of Innova Hycross ZX & ZX (O) variants-2022toyotainnovahycross06.jpg

According to the company, bookings have been temporarily halted due to ongoing supply challenges. That being said, bookings for all the other variants will continue.

The Innova Hycross ZX and ZX (O) variants are specific to the hybrid version of the MPV. It uses a 2.0-litre petrol engine paired with Toyota's 5th generation hybrid system to produce 184 BHP and a motor torque of 206 Nm. The engine is paired with an e-Drive transmission.

The Innova Hycross is also available with a 2.0-litre petrol engine that makes 172 BHP and 197 Nm. It is paired with a CVT and is available in G-SLF and GX trims.

According to Toyota, bookings for the ZX and ZX (O) variants of the Innova Hycross will resume at the earliest. However, the company hasn't provided a specific date for the same.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th April 2023 at 17:03.
TusharK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 17:25   #2
VSD
BHPian

Re: Toyota temporarily halts bookings of Innova Hycross ZX & ZX (O) variants

What could be reason behind this?
I had booked the car in November and have been waiting since February for delivery of my ZX(O) variant and still not even a clue of when the car will be delivered. I have heard many excuses, the latest one being that they don't have pano roof supplies which is why there is a delay in top 3 variants. I was even ready to compromise for the VX(O) variant as I need at-least 6 airbags but even that is delayed due to pano roof.

Last edited by VSD : 7th April 2023 at 17:26.
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 18:02   #3

Another massive price hike is on the cards.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 8th April 2023 at 10:58. Reason: Non-forum emojis.
Riderulz is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 18:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I had booked my ZX(O) the day online bookings opened. Dealer expects my car to be available only by July.

Basically, they are setting the stage for another price hike. Won’t be long before the top model Innova goes beyond 40L.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 09:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I had booked my ZX(O) the day online bookings opened. Dealer expects my car to be available only by July.

Basically, they are setting the stage for another price hike. Won’t be long before the top model Innova goes beyond 40L.
I also had booked on Nov 25th, dealership says the allocation should come this month. But then they have been telling the same from Feb!

Another price hike without even one car delivered in the top trims will be atrocious.
Old 8th April 2023, 10:24   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Toyota dealerships will stop accepting bookings for the ZX and ZX (O) variants of the Innova Hycross from April 8, 2023.

Attachment 2437802

According to the company, bookings have been temporarily halted due to ongoing supply challenges. That being said, bookings for all the other variants will continue.

The Innova Hycross ZX and ZX (O) variants are specific to the hybrid version of the MPV. It uses a 2.0-litre petrol engine paired with Toyota's 5th generation hybrid system to produce 184 BHP and a motor torque of 206 Nm. The engine is paired with an e-Drive transmission.

The Innova Hycross is also available with a 2.0-litre petrol engine that makes 172 BHP and 197 Nm. It is paired with a CVT and is available in G-SLF and GX trims.

According to Toyota, bookings for the ZX and ZX (O) variants of the Innova Hycross will resume at the earliest. However, the company hasn't provided a specific date for the same.

Link to Team-BHP News
During my recent visit to a Toyota showroom in Anand, Gujarat, I inquired about booking the Hycross Z variant, but I was met with a less than enthusiastic response. The representative informed me that the wait period for the vehicle would be around 2 to 2.5 years, which seemed quite unusual to me.
Old 8th April 2023, 11:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

I was at the dealership yesterday for a TD, and here's what I was told:

- Bookings for ZX and ZX(O) have been suspended because the waiting period has gone to 2/2.5 years
- Price hike was expected but deferred, Hyryder is the only model that will have a hike
- Plant will be shut for 7-10 days during April-end

- Crysta deliveries have resumed (two yellow plate were being delivered last evening)
libranof1987 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 13:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
- Plant will be shut for 7-10 days during April-end
Interesting. Could they be retooling for better interiors or e20 compatibility?
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 16:18   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Interesting. Could they be retooling for better interiors or e20 compatibility?
E20 related changes are more likely. It is open secret that the HyCross being sold today is not E20 ready. My sales advisor says that the ZX(O) that he is promising me by July will officially be E20 compliant. Any update to the interiors, be it about plastic quality or that stupid Alto spec cardboard headliner, will be welcome.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 8th April 2023 at 16:20.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 18:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
E20 related changes are more likely. It is open secret that the HyCross being sold today is not E20 ready. My sales advisor says that the ZX(O) that he is promising me by July will officially be E20 compliant. Any update to the interiors, be it about plastic quality or that stupid Alto spec cardboard headliner, will be welcome.
I have finally been promised delivery this month. I am in two minds now
Old 8th April 2023, 18:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I have finally been promised delivery this month. I am in two minds now
They are offering me VX for immediate delivery. But because I have insisted on E20 compliance, I’ve been asked to hold on till July, by when my choice of variant, ZX(O) will also be available.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 21:22   #12
BHPian

While Indian car makers continue to attribute delays,cutback of features to chip shortages ,Samsung https://https://www.theguardian.com/...profits-plunge announced profits plunging due to a glut , and scaling down production is this due to different chip requirements for different industries
masin4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 21:01   #13
BHPian

A friend booked at the Hycross ZXO at Lakoxy Toyota in Mumbai a few days before the launch in India. This was just after the launch in Indonesia. At first he was told the car would be delivered in Feb. Then in March he heard, the Toyota has communicated the allocation is for April and there are just 3 more cars ahead of him. Today he was told the delivery will potentially happen in June/ July. The funny thing is, in all this, there has been no mail directly from Toyota about his booking. In fact a mail to company earlier remained unanswered.

Is there some one else who has booked from Lakozy Toyota? How was the delivery experience? Is it genuine shortage of the car, or is the dealer being high handed? Toyota clearly has no interest in transparency or just making sure that customers are being are treated well.

Any suggestions will be helpful.
Old 10th April 2023, 00:08   #14
BHPian

I have 2 bookings for the hycross zxo. 1 was done around the end of February and the second a day before they stopped booking. The first booking was booked with a wait of 18 months and the dealership has no idea if anything will move.

The second booking is from a new dealership in a different town and they are promising 3-4 months for the colour of choice and less than a month if I am flexible with colour.

The random and unequal allotment of cars to different dealerships along with an un-transparent process is just adding to the chaos. Multiple people have reported that you get allotted the car if you pull the right strings.
Old 10th April 2023, 12:05   #15
BHPian

Had booked the Hycross ZX on 26th Nov and last week we have got the date for delivery as April 2024. The worst part is the sales rep at MGF Gurgaon - absolute "no care" attitude. It feels as if he's too burdened to answer queries and doesn't want to divulge anything. I do see so many ZXs and ZX(O)s on the road but the Sales Rep keeps on telling us its not possible. Apparently MGF Gurgaon has delivered just 1 ZX(O) till date - something I fail to believe .

I am not sure we can wait for a year to get the car - so either we'll downgrade to VX which they say would be available in the next couple of months or look elsewhere. All our previous Toyotas were third party leased so never had to face these issues - but overall the experience has been a little sour given the delays and the Sales Rep's behaviour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks