Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2023, 16:26   #121
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ1211 View Post
Best looking interiors in the class! No doubt about that but Red accents missing around the GT Line is a miss!

- 10.25 inch screen is still without wireless AA / ACP which is sad! i don't if its just me or the connected screens make the 10.25 inch screen look smaller than the previous model.
Any idea if it will get upgraded to a wireless AA / ACP with a future software upgrade? It happened with the GEN 1 Tata Safari 2021
Old 4th July 2023, 16:26   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Are those exhausts real in the turbo petrol variant ?
Real Exhausts, seems like those chrome tips making it look like fake ones.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-20230704_162357.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th July 2023 at 16:41.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 16:27   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
What features does this miss out which the other cars in this segment offer? Can someone throw light on this, please?
1. Memory seats.
2. Hybrid engine tech.
3. ?
No car at the moment in this segment offers memory seats (Unless you are talking about XUV700/Hector/Safari etc. which are about 20 % larger cars with about 4-5L more Onroad in terms of cost.

Seltos misses on just the anti glare orvms of Taigun/Kushaq and the puddle lamps of Creta. Rest I guess it has everything over the competition.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 16:43   #124
BHPian

As per brochure, there are no manual transmission variants for diesel and turbo petrol engines. They both get only 6iMT and 7DCT/6AT transmissions.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-engines.png

Manual Transmission is only available for 1.5NA engine .
srikanthmadhava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:10   #125
BHPian

The BEST addition to this facelift - Dual Zone Climate Control. I hope this puts in some sense to other manufacturers as well. Rest of it is all maaah.

Unless the use case for an ADAS equipped variant is strong (which i think would be in 5% of the cases) the other versions are almost the same as the outgoing model if I am not wrong.
Newtown is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post

Unless the use case for an ADAS equipped variant is strong (which i think would be in 5% of the cases) the other versions are almost the same as the outgoing model if I am not wrong.
Apart from adas new one gets following -

Dual zone AC
Pano sunroof
One touch up down for all windows
EPB with autohold
Fully digital cockpit ( not the namesake one like VW group's attempt in 2.0 cars)
Illuminated power window switches
8 inch HUD ( I guess the older one was smaller)
Not to forget the Verna's 1.5 turbo petrol motor
The dimensions too seem to have grown ( need to confirm this)
Rain sensing wipers

Last edited by 07CR : 4th July 2023 at 17:31.
07CR is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:40   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
The BEST addition to this facelift - Dual Zone Climate Control. I hope this puts in some sense to other manufacturers as well. Rest of it is all maaah.

The BEST addition to me - the 1.5 turbo. I would have paid a premium for 5 Star safety, but for my better half's use case of 99% small-distance work commutes, I will unfortunately compromise.
Old 4th July 2023, 17:49   #128
BHPian

Personally all these features would make sense only if Kia Seltos gets rated atleast 4 stars in crash tests and gets a Body shell Stable certification in these tests. The last time Seltos was tested it barely scrapped through to get 3 stars and the Body Shell Integrity was rated as Unstable. All these gizmos and fancy colors don't make sense if they are going to retain the same body shell with and same safety ratings for 20+ lakh car.

Also, see a lot many issues in the Turbo Petrol cars from Hyundai as is evident from multiple threads in our forum and anticipate that the Seltos line with the same engine will also be facing the same or similar issues. Sad to see no manual top end for the Turbo Petrol though.
whencut86 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:49   #129
BHPian

Is it just me or the GT Line badging is entirely missing in the exterior. There seems to be no way to identify GT Line variant from outside. Being a proud owner of Sonet GTX, I simply love the Red line around the car and the GT Line badge.

Overall it's certainly a step up from current Seltos with all the bling and features, as expected from Kia.
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:50   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardik7 View Post
From the petrol variants availability, customers who are looking to buy NA IVT option then HTX seems to be the only high-end variant.
Yes, the NA IVT buyer seems to be losing out on
  • UV Cut glass,
  • Rear window Sunshades,
  • Ventilated seats,
  • 8 way power adjustable seats,
  • Rear Adjustable headrest,
  • Adjustable rear seats,
  • Ambient Lighting,
  • Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel,
  • All Door Power Window Auto Up/Down with Safety,
  • 60:40 Seat Back Split Fold with Rear Reclining Seats
and maybe more than above.
If there is no HTX + in the NA IVT, I don't find any value in this vehicle for me. Back to Elevate
riteshritesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 17:58   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
I agree! they could have made the table simpler.

I am confused about this bit too.

Attachment 2471463
Try reading it like this. The white background cell belongs to GTX+. The grey cell belongs to only X-line.

Cheers!
Old 4th July 2023, 18:02   #132
BHPian

Uploaded a simplified version of variant wise feature distribution of the new Seltos.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-new_seltos_variant_distribution_001.jpg  

Last edited by vijay.s : 4th July 2023 at 18:23.
vijay.s is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 18:06   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
  • UV Cut glass,
  • Rear window Sunshades,
  • Ventilated seats,
  • Adjustable rear seats,
  • Ambient Lighting,
If there is no HTX + in the NA IVT, I don't find any value in this vehicle for me. Back to Elevate
Features such as rear window sunshades, tilt & telescopic steering wheel, ambient mood lighting, 60:40 split rear seat folding with center armrest & paddle shifters were present in previous gen. IVT. Exterior changes along with panaromic sunroof seems to be the only addition in IVT. However it misses out on a lot of crucial features.

Sadly HTX is the top end for petrol NA IVT buyers.
hardik7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 18:09   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
  • UV Cut glass,
  • Rear window Sunshades,
  • Ventilated seats,
  • Adjustable rear seats,
  • Ambient Lighting,
Even currently IVT is available only on HTX variant and misses out on lot of features. For people looking for luxury with IVT model should continue to look at Creta SX(O). Even the Creta SX IVT is more loaded than Seltos HTX IVT.
Old 4th July 2023, 18:10   #135
BHPian

Really have to appreciate the Koreans for taking customer feedback seriously. They've now provided illuminated power window switches and have mentioned it in the brochure as a "feature".
Also, I wonder if they've made any changes to the lower half of the dash. It's simply not as spacious as Hondas/Toyotas. My left shin kept hitting the lower portion of the dash while resting my foot on the dead pedal in the pre-facelift Seltos. Also curious if there are any subtle feature deletions in the top variants(GT,X line) that may have gone unnoticed.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks