Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2023, 17:54   #481
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Does anyone know when the price reveal is gonna happen?
carguy2021 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 18:25   #482
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

It's tomorrow as mentioned earlier in the thread.
Timeline 1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:29   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am looking at the Virtus also. Like I said in an earlier post I keep dithering between the two every day.
Oh, I had missed that. I am indeed also looking at the Slavia, the additional 2 years warranty offered on the dual-clutch gearboxes in the VW stable is one plus point that side, while here it is 5. Very confusing times ahead indeed.
Btw, have you thought on stretching a lil bit and going for the XUV diesel AT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
Indeed, I got a confirmation on that today from the dealer. As per them, the test drives would open on Sunday/Monday, depending upon whether they can get the registrations done on Saturday.
vinaygeorgeroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:48   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaygeorgeroy View Post
I am in the same boat as you, thinking of swallowing the hard pill and taking the seltos itself. Considering it ticks all my other boxes (performance & handling).
I was just curious on why you are leaning to Seltos more than the VW stable ?
A couple of things:
-Firstly have seen a lot of threads on the ASS and spare parts of the VW and Skoda. Want a peaceful ownership experience since it's practically a first car. (Venue was the first car but it stayed with us for just 7 months).
-The family is looking for diesel which the VW group doesn't provide.

I personally love the engine and design of the VW group. But the horror stories of ownership is making me defer from it. Plus a friend of mine has Taigun top model. A bit of spirited driving and we see the average coming down to 6.5 :(
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 19:49   #485
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
I am looking at the Virtus also. Like I said in an earlier post I keep dithering between the two every day.
In my opinion, you should go for the Virtus. It is one of if not the best sedans you can buy for under 30 lakhs, it has good ride and handling, excellent dynamics, is fast, and has all the necessities covered. Most important of all it is a 5-star GNCAP car, something which the Kia Seltos can't match.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th July 2023 at 20:12. Reason: typos
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 20:41   #486
BHPian

BHPians let’s not digress from the purpose of this thread - Kia Seltos Facelift. For new car help, there is a separate thread - “What car?”.

Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-car/
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 20:43   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
In my opinion, you should go for the Virtus. It is one of if not the best sedans you can buy for under 30 lakhs, it has good ride and handling, excellent dynamics, is fast, and has all the necessities covered. Most important of all it is a 5-star GNCAP car, something which the Kia Seltos can't match.
Since I am in the same boat and have booked Seltos, I can share that it's not an easy decision. It's kind of choosing between devil and sea. Or let's just say which option is the lesser of the devils.

I would have loved to be in the same confusion if Skoda or VW could provide a reasonable after sales experience and reliable product OR Seltos was a 5 star rated product. Alas!!!
headbanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 22:22   #488
BHPian

There's still ambiguity wrt Seltos' Crash ratings.

While the Global NCAP crash rating was 3 Rating, the Australian NCAP rating was 5 Star. ANCAP is also known to be stringent.

https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-rati.../seltos/9cd5bf

The reason they have given for 5 Star rating is that Seltos has Radar Sensor And Autonomous Braking, which was nothing but ADAS 1.0 which helps mitigate speeds during accidents.

And now finally the 2023 Indian Seltos has ADAS 2.0 which I am sure means a lot more in emergency and accidental situations.

I feel with the new ADAS, Seltos can be considered 4 Star at the very least on the Global NCAP.
Flash777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 22:30   #489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash777 View Post
There's still ambiguity wrt Seltos' Crash ratings.

I feel with the new ADAS, Seltos can be considered 4 Star at the very least on the Global NCAP.
Rightly said. It will certainly score much better and then the critics will find something else to complain about. Never mind, don’t just go after a “Certificate”, but buy a car that fit one’s budget and requirement. Seltos is certainly a great product and numbers will tell.
aseem23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 22:45   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

While features play a big role in ratings, the reason for the Seltos' poor performance was also the unstable body structure. No amount of features can help overcome that.

There have been some threads on Team BHP which show the difference in steel quality and application (not necessarily for Seltos, but for some popular Hyundai models - given they're the same company at the end of the day and same platform, I believe it can be applied in case of the Seltos too) and between Made in India models and those made / sold in other countries; which coupled with the features will explain the difference in ratings.

There are many of us (me included) who would have loved to have brought home a Kia/Hyundai given the new set of explosive engines, quality interiors, good NVH, high set of features, etc. but the poor safety has been a let down in what could have been an all rounder vehicle.
Old 20th July 2023, 22:58   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
While features play a big role in ratings, the reason for the Seltos' poor performance was also the unstable body structure. No amount of features can help overcome that.
Wrt this, I really wonder if this could be a factor.

Global NCAP would ideally test the International version and not the Indian one and KIA themselves would want to send forth their best iteration.

And the GNCAP doesn't seem to be talking about ADAS when compared to ANCAP who have specially mentioned ADAS as one of the primary reason for it's 5 Star rating.

The only question is if the ADAS is the difference maker.

But your point on the steel and structural integrity making a difference is also valid.

EOD, I still feel Seltos might suffice for the majority of the population with the latest Safety features.

Last edited by Flash777 : 20th July 2023 at 23:01.
Flash777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 23:16   #492
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Does anyone know when the price reveal is gonna happen?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
Prices will be announced in August. Only the drive reviews and test drives will commence from 25th July.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 23:56   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Prices will be announced in August. Only the drive reviews and test drives will commence from 25th July.
Don't think so...Pricing is expected within the next 3-4 days and hopefully it's true.
Old 21st July 2023, 01:17   #494
BHPian

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230720-10.38.00-pm.jpeg

Source - Car News Guru. Take it with a pinch of salt
shadkhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2023, 01:39   #495
BHPian

Quote:
The only question is if the ADAS is the difference maker.

I was in two minds about Adas working in Indian conditions but am really excited about it's safety possibilities.

Specially, after watching the below video. Adas is definitely a great safety feature to have in my opinion. Any existing Adas enabled car owners or people who have driven Adas enabled cars can shed more light on this maybe.

This video is equally scary and mind blowing at the same time. We definitely live in a golden age of tech.

Last edited by sumeetchawla : 21st July 2023 at 01:44.
sumeetchawla is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks