Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2023, 21:03   #466
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSwamy View Post
Upcoming Honda Elevate might have this option if you can manage with lesser features and design!
You never know until crash testing results are out . Seltos crash testing results was surprise for everyone .
Old 19th July 2023, 22:45   #467
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Given the fact that the suspension is already on the stiffer side, I don’t understand what made Kia do this brilliant thing especially for those high paying customers.
The Seltos ride was already softened in later iterations before facelift. So this should not be a major issue now. In any case let us wait for media reviews coming out this Sunday to address the issue of ride and handling of GT and X line variants.
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 22:45   #468
Senior - BHPian

All those who are wondering abiut the new Seltos crash safety rating , better be aware that the only " tested" alternatives in this segment that stand up to the task are the Skoda VW cousins.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 03:56   #469
BHPian

Came across this news on Car and Driver US website. It's one of my favorite sources for US auto news and it talks about Kia Seltos ditching the DCT in favor of a traditional 8 speed on their latest facelift.

Kia also ditched the outgoing Seltos 1.6-liter's seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission in favor of a more traditional eight-speed with a good ol' torque converter. Sure, the turbo engine's newfound power is both immediately noticeable and much appreciated, but it's the new transmission's more polished behavior that makes the biggest difference in the Seltos's on-road demeanor.

I guess this speak to the several complaints people have had regarding this DCT. Why give it to the new Kia/Hyundai facelifts in India?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-seltos-drive/
inwester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 10:02   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
Came across this news on Car and Driver US website. It's one of my favorite sources for US auto news and it talks about Kia Seltos ditching the DCT in favor of a traditional 8 speed on their latest facelift.

Kia also ditched the outgoing Seltos 1.6-liter's seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission in favor of a more traditional eight-speed with a good ol' torque converter. Sure, the turbo engine's newfound power is both immediately noticeable and much appreciated, but it's the new transmission's more polished behavior that makes the biggest difference in the Seltos's on-road demeanor.

I guess this speak to the several complaints people have had regarding this DCT. Why give it to the new Kia/Hyundai facelifts in India?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...-seltos-drive/
As some one who daily drives this DCT unit on my Hyundai Venue and driven more than 30,000 KM, Its been more than reliable with zero issues whatsoever . However what has been my experience with the transmission a torque converter is always more reliable and dependable .
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 10:18   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I don’t know if this has been discussed in the earlier posts, if so than apologies for reiterating. I see that noone is talking about the 18” wheels that are shod with 215/55 spec rubber against the 215/60’s for the 17 inchers of the lower variants. That only means that the GT & X Line’s will ride noticeably stiffer than the lower variant cars. Given the fact that the suspension is already on the stiffer side, I don’t understand what made Kia do this brilliant thing especially for those high paying customers.

Even though it may sound like a minimal change, it does make a world of difference to the ride. Having experienced this 1st hand with my Creta, I completely understand what 5mm drop in sidewall can do!
There's also the issue that they are supplying the cars with JK Tyres.
I made a post (Kia Seltos - Tyre & wheel upgrade thread) about it and the options for the tyre changes, but unfortunately got no replies.

But most likely, I will change the tyres to the 225/55/R18 Michelin Primacy 3 ST

Last edited by Ad1tya : 20th July 2023 at 10:22.
Ad1tya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 13:04   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
I made a post (Kia Seltos - Tyre & wheel upgrade thread) about it and the options for the tyre changes, but unfortunately got no replies.

But most likely, I will change the tyres to the 225/55/R18 Michelin Primacy 3 ST
I always change JK Tyres on all of my cars , Got the Ciaz changed before delivery just because of the tyres . Venue and Alcazar got delivered with MRF tyres while Swift was delivered with JK tyres . Never had a good experience with JK Tyres when provided by manufacturers .
Old 20th July 2023, 13:34   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSwamy View Post
Upcoming Honda Elevate might have this option if you can manage with lesser features and design!
More than design or features, I cannot make do with that dull engine and CVT gearbox. Also the India spec Hondas are hardly known for their build quality.
Old 20th July 2023, 15:00   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Actually we don't have a vehicle currently with us. And we need a car for daily commute and the latest we can wait is till Diwali. So we have to take a decision this month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
More than design or features, I cannot make do with that dull engine and CVT gearbox. Also the India spec Hondas are hardly known for their build quality.
I am in the same boat as you, thinking of swallowing the hard pill and taking the seltos itself. Considering it ticks all my other boxes (performance & handling).
I was just curious on why you are leaning to Seltos more than the VW stable ?
vinaygeorgeroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 15:12   #475
BHPian

Just came across this interview with Hardeep Singh Brar - National Head Sales & Marketing Kia India, with Topgear India.

What really pisses me off is not one question about the questionable crash ratings and if any improvements were done in the new version to address the issue?

Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 15:54   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Just came across this interview with Hardeep Singh Brar - National Head Sales & Marketing Kia India, with Topgear India.

What really pisses me off is not one question about the questionable crash ratings and if any improvements were done in the new version to address the issue?
Expecting all media reviews to be like this as it is sponsored by Kia . Best is to take a test drive, check what is important to you and confirm / reject your booking.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 16:06   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaygeorgeroy View Post
I was just curious on why you are leaning to Seltos more than the VW stable ?
I am looking at the Virtus also. Like I said in an earlier post I keep dithering between the two every day.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 16:24   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post

People may have their brand preferences, but just for the record, the JK Royale UX tyres on my Creta are nearly 27K km old, and are still in decent shape , having gone through the terrible road conditions of Pune metropolitan region.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 16:28   #479
BHPian

The Korean twins continue to spoil us with all features. They know what appeals to the mass in India and they are cashing on that. Inspite of the dismal NCAP ratings, there was no impact to their monthly sales. They know how to make stronger body shell (international versions) but with added features it will come at an increased cost. I am already hearing rumours of increase of around 1L on higher variants and if stronger body shell pushes it much further, they will see direct impact to their sales.
Old 20th July 2023, 16:36   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
People may have their brand preferences, but just for the record, the JK Royale UX tyres on my Creta are nearly 27K km old, and are still in decent shape , having gone through the terrible road conditions of Pune metropolitan region.
Originally my Cruze came with Vectra's, soured me on JK since then. One literally failed (sidewall tear) at just 21k KM. Never again.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks