Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2023, 20:43   #421

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Any idea when Kia is going to announce the prices for the facelift Seltos?
Based on my interaction with SA, Prices will be announced on 21st July and that's when vehicle will be available for test drive too. Regarding deliveries, most of the people who had pre booked it (prior to July 14th) will be getting the deliveries by August end.
rg_sv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 09:57   #422
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Hello everyone.
I needed a suggestion from our fellow members. I own a Hyundai Venue SX 1.2 Petrol MT which was bought last November. It has served us really well till now but we are a family of 5 adults and 1 small baby and going for long trips on Venue was getting tedious. So we have given the venue to dad's small brother. The family has decided to get a bigger vehicle and we want to own a diesel since we don't know whether we'll be getting diesel after 5-6 years.
Budget was 22L OTR.
We had finalised the Creta SX(O) Diesel MT which is costing us 21,50,000 OTR and we have been given a delivery date of 19th September. But the facelift has had the family confused. All of us have loved the design of Kia and the only thing which was missing in the previous generation was the sunroof which has been added in the facelift.
Now I'm in a dilemma. Should I buy the Creta or go for the Seltos. I guess the variant to variant comparison, the HTX+ compares with the SX(O).
-Is it worthy to pay a premium of almost 1-2 Lakhs for the same set of features?
-Also diesel is available with iMT, so are there any iMT related issues?

I would love for insights from the fellow members.
Also my parking permits me to get cars as big as creta so Hector, Harrier,etc. go out of options.
Old 18th July 2023, 10:19   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoni.1411 View Post
Hello everyone.
I needed a suggestion from our fellow members. I own a Hyundai Venue SX 1.2 Petrol MT which was bought last November. It has served us really well till now but we are a family of 5 adults and 1 small baby and going for long trips on Venue was getting tedious. So we have given the venue to dad's small brother. The family has decided to get a bigger vehicle and we want to own a diesel since we don't know whether we'll be getting diesel after 5-6 years.
Budget was 22L OTR.
We had finalised the Creta SX(O) Diesel MT which is costing us 21,50,000 OTR and we have been given a delivery date of 19th September. But the facelift has had the family confused. All of us have loved the design of Kia and the only thing which was missing in the previous generation was the sunroof which has been added in the facelift.
Now I'm in a dilemma. Should I buy the Creta or go for the Seltos. I guess the variant to variant comparison, the HTX+ compares with the SX(O).
-Is it worthy to pay a premium of almost 1-2 Lakhs for the same set of features?
-Also diesel is available with iMT, so are there any iMT related issues?

Also my parking permits me to get cars as big as creta so Hector, Harrier,etc. go out of options.
As your Venue is still pretty new, I would suggest to wait a few months for the new Creta facelift, so you can make an informed decision.
shadkhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 10:46   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
As your Venue is still pretty new, I would suggest to wait a few months for the new Creta facelift, so you can make an informed decision.
Actually we don't have a vehicle currently with us. And we need a car for daily commute and the latest we can wait is till Diwali. So we have to take a decision this month
Old 18th July 2023, 11:01   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Actually we don't have a vehicle currently with us. And we need a car for daily commute and the latest we can wait is till Diwali. So we have to take a decision this month
couple of more parameters that can help you decide - you should wait for a test drive of seltos, since the earlier version was known to have a stiffer suspension compared to creta, also you can wait for some estimates of delivery timelines, it could be well beyond September if you book now.
jazzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:12   #426
BHPian

Quote:
we are a family of 5 adults and 1 small baby..

With a family of 5 adults and a baby, why not check out Carens Diesel iMT, if your parking allows.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:18   #427
BHPian

All colors revealed in this video.

shadkhan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 11:40   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
couple of more parameters that can help you decide - you should wait for a test drive of seltos, since the earlier version was known to have a stiffer suspension compared to creta, also you can wait for some estimates of delivery timelines, it could be well beyond September if you book now.
The SA had quoted that the earliest I can get a delivery is Navratri i.e. Oct. We are okay getting a car latest by Diwali.
Regarding the suspension, I for one loved the stiffer suspension. I just have apprehension on the long term reliability of the iMT gearbox.
Test drives should start by 21st I guess
Old 18th July 2023, 11:43   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
With a family of 5 adults and a baby, why not check out Carens Diesel iMT, if your parking allows.
Thank you, but my parking only permits vehicles as big as Creta. Any vehicle bigger than that wouldn't fit
Old 18th July 2023, 11:52   #430

I have a plan to go ahead with the GTX+ in Silver. Just saw the video of the different colours and Silver seems to exude elegance with the GT line's Tubular seats. However, I need a piece of advice from the members here. What can be said about the longevity of the DCT with the Turbo Petrol. I tend to keep my cars for long and this has been a point of concern for me with respect to the GTX+ petrol. Please advise.
Old 18th July 2023, 12:02   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Actually we don't have a vehicle currently with us. And we need a car for daily commute and the latest we can wait is till Diwali.
There is a 'leak' on the new Creta being shared here today, would suggest having a look. It looks like the Creta is going the new Santa Fe way rather than the Tucson way.
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:06   #432
BHPian

Quote:

Why opt for a 5 seater when you can get a 3 raw proper MUV?
Have you checked Ertiga (4395mm long) / Carens (4540mm long) can fit your parking or not? Creta, for the reference is 4300mm long.
Proud BRV Owner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2023, 12:18   #433
BHPian

The SA shared about a media review event at 23rd July 10am. We can expect the price launch at this event
Old 18th July 2023, 12:22   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
There is a 'leak' on the new Creta being shared here today, would suggest having a look. It looks like the Creta is going the new Santa Fe way rather than the Tucson way.
Yup! I thought the same. The new Santa Fe’s backlight looked like the spied version of Creta. Also the new exter kind of leads us to believe what Hyundai is aiming for with the DRLs.

But I think the Creta might have the current DRL shapes but with a connected continuous light on the front.

Seltos does look way better compared to the new design of Santa Fe 🙈
Old 18th July 2023, 12:30   #435
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids2705 View Post
I have a plan to go ahead with the GTX+ in Silver. Just saw the video of the different colours and Silver seems to exude elegance with the GT line's Tubular seats. However, I need a piece of advice from the members here. What can be said about the longevity of the DCT with the Turbo Petrol. I tend to keep my cars for long and this has been a point of concern for me with respect to the GTX+ petrol. Please advise.
I currently own the pre-facelift Seltos GTX+ DCT which i got in September last year. To your point of reliability and longevity of DCT - it has been 10 months and not even one has car given any sort of troubles. Its a hoot to drive, far ahead than any automatic transmission and the power available on Tap is simply fantastic! With DCT you need to be sensitive to the way you drive, follow the SoP and should be good.

Hyundai-Kia's DCTs are available in so many models and are selling in huge numbers, yes there could be a % of the cars which might be troubling the owners but this is still far lesser than the VW's DCT. I don't think all Hyundai -Kia DCT's out there are troublesome.
SJ1211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks