Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 21:10   #406
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
X-line wasn't available for display. I spoke with the SA about matte paint maintenance. He said Kia provides a TPU coating, which is better than PPF, which makes the paint easy to maintain.

TPU - Rs. 85,000
PPF - Rs. 50,000
TPU is kind of PPF. Please ask which PPF/TPU film they are installing (vendor) and warranty. A good one from Stek or so will no where be so cheap if it is original. You are looking at something more than 1.25L or so minimum for complete body cover.
Old 16th July 2023, 21:28   #407
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxb1 View Post
Length of the facelift Seltos has gone up by 50 mm basis what I read. Did not see this getting much attention on the forum so thought I will bring it to everyone's attention. Should help with road presence and proportions.
50mm=5cm. It may just be the bumper or some other body portion protruding a little more, nothing substantial IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
I saw the Pewter Olive color in flesh today at Autobahn, Prabhadevi. I had liked the color in photos, but not in person. It's a dull color.
Agree, finally saw the car in flesh, the Pewter Olive is definitely not as great as the digital pictures make it to be. The black interiors make the cabin appear smaller than it actually is. Overall fit and finish are commendable, however, I can't say that the structure is any better built than before. The SA says that the bonnet lid is heavier, but I compared it with the Carens on-spot, and it didn't feel any different. I might give the Seltos a pass and cancel my booking since it didn't feel much roomier than my current drive (an Xcent). I am now leaning towards the Hector, the build quality and space has really spoiled me!
automowheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:36   #408
BHPian

There have been comments around crash rating which might see improved score with standard 6 air bags for Seltos.

That is not true. I do not want to digress the discussion again towards safety rating but whenever report of NCAP is published, you need to focus on 'body shell' results. Hyundai Tucson was also rated 2-3 star on base model which had 2 airbags (available in certain market). However if you look at Seltos's NCAP report, it clearly states: "The body shell and footwell area were both rated as unstable, meaning they may not be able to withstand additional force in the event of a collision".
Link: https://www.globalncap.org/s/SaferCa...-factsheet.pdf

Now, if you refer to Tucson's NCAP, it states that body shell was stable and hence in these cases, NCAP rating may go up with 6 airbags.

In summary, with absence of Kia making any comment around improvement in Bodyshell and absence of NCAP rating for facelift, I would go under assumption that rating will stay same and make buying decision accordingly.
neel911 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 23:56   #409
BHPian

I am not too aware of how ventilated seats work. I am assuming the pores on the seats are the ones which let out the air?

If that is indeed the case, does the ventilation work wherever pores are present or it only limits itself to a certain area?

The reason I am bringing this up is because the GT line has pores only till almost half of the back. Where as the X Line has it throughout.

I am assuming the ventilation seat would work the same in both as it won't make sense to make a different device structure. Unless, air is just blown into the seat and comes out of the pores?

Can any ventilated seats expert/owner can weigh in their views here please.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-ventilatedseats.png

Last edited by sumeetchawla : 16th July 2023 at 23:58.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:18   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Would be disappointing if the airbags and ADAS don't increase the rating.
Crash ratings won't change with a facelift with more airbags or ADAS so when it is tested it will likely be 3 stars or less especially with updated GNCAP parameters.

Booked a Pewter Olive GTX+ with K code but the poor crash rating is nagging at the back of my mind. Between the Virtus & this, I keep dithering every day.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 17th July 2023 at 10:27. Reason: Added comment
Bhodrolok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:53   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
I am not too aware of how ventilated seats work. I am assuming the pores on the seats are the ones which let out the air?

If that is indeed the case, does the ventilation work wherever pores are present or it only limits itself to a certain area?

The reason I am bringing this up is because the GT line has pores only till almost half of the back. Where as the X Line has it throughout.

I am assuming the ventilation seat would work the same in both as it won't make sense to make a different device structure. Unless, air is just blown into the seat and comes out of the pores?

Can any ventilated seats expert/owner can weigh in their views here please.
I believe it will only come out of the bottom half of the pores on the X-Line. Tried it at the dealership and I gotta say, it works really well on the GTX+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
Booked a Pewter Olive GTX+ with K code but the poor crash rating is nagging at the back of my mind. Between the Virtus & this, I keep dithering every day.
Not even sure if the car will be tested anytime soon.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 12:20   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Crash ratings won't change with a facelift with more airbags or ADAS so when it is tested it will likely be 3 stars or less especially with updated GNCAP parameters.

Same boat. However, for me it is Kushaq and this. Lack of wireless Android Auto and fixed elbow support on GTX+ also bugs me.
I am trying to get details from my SA - like the supposed changes for inner shell they did, but to no luck.
Will wait for the test drive and the price reveal to make the final call.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 16:01   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Is it just me or the GT Line badging is entirely missing in the exterior. There seems to be no way to identify GT Line variant from outside. Being a proud owner of Sonet GTX, I simply love the Red line around the car and the GT Line badge.

Overall it's certainly a step up from current Seltos with all the bling and features, as expected from Kia.
Yes, that's shocking to me also. GT Line badging and Ride stripes was one reason I was attracted to GT-Line.

I don't know which fool is guiding Kia and Hyundai to remove wireless Android Auto and Carplay for top end models and enable it in lower end models, just coz they have put some Mapmyindia maps in their entertainment system which is quiet useless. Most people will follow Google maps, and if I have to use google maps, I have to Wire the phone. And when its wired, what's the use of wireless charging.

Last edited by shamanth : 17th July 2023 at 16:07.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 17:00   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Is it just me or the GT Line badging is entirely missing in the exterior. There seems to be no way to identify GT Line variant from outside.
There is GT-Line Badging on rear. That said, there is no red line or stitching nor badge on front grill. Few pictures below:

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-screenshot-20230717-4.56.16-pm.png

Name:  Screenshot 20230717 at 4.57.18 PM.png
Views: 538
Size:  75.5 KB

Last edited by neel911 : 17th July 2023 at 17:03.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 17:39   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
I found the below video very helpful.

https://Youtu.be/YN_3AS-TDqc

Basically maintaining it is harder than normal paint. If one is going to have PPF installed, then X line, definitely makes a lot of sense
If you are going to get PPF installed, then you can just get a car with normal paint and then apply matte PPF over it which will give the same-ish look. Any damage to ppf, just peel it off and replace it.

Matte paint also cannot be polished or corrected or repaired in any way. Even a light scratch or rock chip or swirls from improper cleaning mean that it will be there for life unless you replace/repaint the entire panel. It's honestly impossible to maintain in Indian conditions. Matte paint is mostly a luxury car thing for a reason. I hope the average middle class Kia/VW owner here knows what they are signing up for.
Cresterk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 18:45   #416
BHPian

Quote:

Same boat here. Looks like Kia created a complete car without paying attention to the most important thing Safety. I am torn apart between this and the Scorpio-N. Lack of 10s of good-to-have features including THE panaromic sunroof in the big daddy, doesn't make it any easier.
shadkhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 19:49   #417
BHPian

Any idea when Kia is going to announce the prices for the facelift Seltos?
SeniorC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:09   #418
BANNED

It will be on 21 July as per my Sales Advisor.Hope that his information will turn out to be correct.
Timeline 1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:11   #419
BHPian

Most people are missing the point about the GTX variant's tubular seats. Its purpose is not aesthetic. Purely functional. Tubular seats have sufficient space between folds to let cool air circulate. It keeps your back cool and sweat-free in humid summer conditions. So don't fret it's premium and is intended to work as it's supposed to albeit in a less aesthetic fashion.
true_sedan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 20:23   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I started with a basic requirement of getting a high seated automatic with a 5 star rating. It's a disappointment that I may have to settle with a car which doesn't fulfill one of the primary considerations. I am tired now waiting to get the right car since last 3 years and have to finalize on new car in 2023. Skoda doesn't have my trust and Mahindra's XUV7OO is too big in size. Maruti/Toyota offerings are more Maruti and hence their tryst with cheap interiors continues. Honda's Elevate will not be on display till Sep 2023. And that leaves me with Hyundai/Kia group. I am banking upon TBHP family to help me with this purchase more than anything!!!
You have echoed my thoughts and requirements 100%. I am looking for a proper 5 seater car with plush interiors in similar segment as a Seltos/XUV 700. Each and every car in this segment has its downsides and picking any of them seems a huge compromise.

My cousin and I checked out the new Seltos and both of us absolutely hated the GTX+ interiors as well. The all black interiors did not just cut it out for me. The colour pattern looks cheap and not premium IMHO. The cars of yester years with the cream/beige patterns are more to my liking.

The rear seat center arm rest felt very hard against my back. I would definitely be complaining if I was forced to sit in the middle of the rear seat, with the floor hump contributing it's bit to my misery.

Another thing I hated absolutely was the base of the front seat belt. It seemed like a naked rubber spring which should have been concealed. I did not take a picture of it but after seeing it, I felt more averse about the interiors. When fellow members appreciate the "premium" interiors, I start thinking whether my expectations are too much.
MysticMind is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks