Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2023, 19:04   #391
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

I booked the Seltos GTX DCT plus in pewter olive earlier this month. I once again, using the K-code booked another one yesterday online. The logic being that whichever comes first I take it and since I chose the same dealer my Rs. 25,000/- extra would get automatically adjusted.

Today I went to take a look at the car and liked it. But my kids are now chasing me to buy the X line and I am tempted to change only because I like the HUD (a tad gimmicky but what can I say). The sales executive has suggested I convert my earlier booking to X line which I am planning to and then take a call once the cars come. He is quite happy to allot the first one he gets to me. Though he says DCT's are yet to be allotted but assures me delivery early August without a problem. So there's a lot in the hands of the dealer.

I am in Delhi.

So also wondering between the Pewter Olive GTX Plus or the X-Line...
pinnaclecap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 20:59   #392
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post

Final comments:
I started with a basic requirement of getting a high seated automatic with a 5 star rating. It's a disappointment that I may have to settle with a car which doesn't fulfill one of the primary considerations.
I saw the car in person in yesterday and truth to be told - the car is definitely impressive. They had the pre-facelift parked next to the new one and the facelift looked absolutely premium and fully loaded. The interiors were good and the display unit was neat. Space for three adults in the back was also good and comfortable. The panoramic sunroof addition is also a welcome one and makes sure that there is no claustrophobic feeling inside.

And sharing the same sentiment, why Kia why? Why did you just manage to score just 3 stars in the GNCAP rating when you have managed everything else to be really good ? Had the ratings been different, this car is an absolute allrounder in the segment with no specific big complaints to give this car a pass. The GNCAP rating is one factor which Kia has left as a compromise on an otherwise impressive package.
skarthiksr is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 02:07   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post

And sharing the same sentiment, why Kia why? Why did you just manage to score just 3 stars in the GNCAP rating when you have managed everything else to be really good ? Had the ratings been different, this car is an absolute allrounder in the segment with no specific big complaints to give this car a pass. The GNCAP rating is one factor which Kia has left as a compromise on an otherwise impressive package.
The 3 stars was for the 2 airbag model in 2020. I'm sure the 6 airbag versions will be better, but they haven't been tested yet.
Old 16th July 2023, 02:18   #394
BHPian

I was just going through a few videos on the Kia Seltos and I found this quick drive review video

It also shows how the ADAS is working and the blind spot detection is seen around the 6 min mark.

I loved how the blindspot detection is working. But it shows in the digital instrument cluster. While driving, we don’t look at the instrument cluster that much as it’s going to take our eyes off the road. So I just thought maybe the HUD also shows those alerts. If so, that would be a very huge benefit of HUD.

This inquisitiveness led me to this video

Now the question in my mind is if the HUD does support ADAS features, why only limit it to X line, which is more of a cosmetic variant

Even Skoda launched the new matte colour. Is it the new trend nowadays? Though, I agree matte cars do look super awesome. But maintaining them is definitely a nightmare and they look really dirty when they’re dirty.

Has anyone seen how the HUD works on the X line?
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 02:21   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
The 3 stars was for the 2 airbag model in 2020. I'm sure the 6 airbag versions will be better, but they haven't been tested yet.
This is what I am hoping as well. But I recently saw the Carens crash test with six airbags. It still scored three stars. Hence, I don’t know if airbags add that much of an effect in the Gncap score?
sumeetchawla is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 11:35   #396
BHPian

Hey folks!

So I booked the Seltos using K code on the 14th. I was just casually browsing my order and I noticed two things.
  1. The colour in my order is wrong. It's showing as imperial blue instead of pewter olive.
  2. It's showing the final deal amount figure!!

So when I scroll down to my orders area, the final deal amount being shown is Rs 20.7 lakhs.

The model and everything seems correct. But don't know if the price is the actual pricing or shown by mistake. Can anyone who booked online, also check if the price is being shown?

The booking is done in Kolkata.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-screenshot-20230716-11.30.33-am.png
Old 16th July 2023, 11:41   #397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Hey folks!

So I booked the Seltos using K code on the 14th. I was just casually browsing my order and I noticed two things.
  1. The colour in my order is wrong. It's showing as imperial blue instead of pewter olive.
  2. It's showing the final deal amount figure!!

So when I scroll down to my orders area, the final deal amount being shown is Rs 20.7 lakhs.

The model and everything seems correct. But don't know if the price is the actual pricing or shown by mistake. Can anyone who booked online, also check if the price is being shown?

The booking is done in Kolkata.

Attachment 2476423
This is quite interesting, but it seems to be more in line with the on-road price of the earlier GTX Plus 1.4 in Kolkata, before its discontinuation. Not sure about it as those who booked the diesel have received quotes on similar lines to the existing model.

Last edited by bijims : 16th July 2023 at 11:46.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 11:44   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
This may be true as Rs.20,70,881 ex-showroom seems like a logical price hike over the current GTX+ which costs 19,35,000 ex-showroom, so a 1.35 lakhs price hike is expected.
But is it ex-showroom or on road is the question. It does show that the "Balance payment" is around ₹ 20,45,881 so that makes me believe it is on road price for Kolkata?

When I asked the dealer what is the price of the current Seltos GTX+ in Kolkata, he told me it comes on road around ₹ 18.9 to 19 lakhs. So given that, there is definitely a price increase of around 1-1.5 lakhs.

Now what's given to be seen is whether this includes the 5 year or the 15 year road tax (Kolkata supports 5 yearly road tax too). Also waiting to see the price breakup to see how much the dealer is quoting for the insurance. Given it's a new car, am sure they will charge the maximum.

If this is on road pricing for Kolkata, then the ex show room pricing comes around ₹18.8-₹19 lakhs.

Last edited by sumeetchawla : 16th July 2023 at 11:52.
Old 16th July 2023, 13:02   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
This is what I am hoping as well. But I recently saw the Carens crash test with six airbags. It still scored three stars. Hence, I don’t know if airbags add that much of an effect in the Gncap score?
I believe it's due to the bodyshell integrity itself, which is also unstable for the Carens as well.
Would be disappointing if the airbags and ADAS don't increase the rating.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 13:06   #400
BHPian

As anticipated the Seltos has a very good number of bookings. Expect long wait times. Also sharing some pics of the new olive green under natural light without any filters and some of the interiors. This is the GTX+ AT.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-afb9f140cc114621b1c6c5d66d6667e6.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-0bcb45032eba4b448717aee3100863b0.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-7e6c8c03892a40698976d138f2a7c6ec.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-9e4fe60a7f324ccc95e02afe7f653ec2.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-6cc94a385ac14a248e07aa238d7ff5f9.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-1311055cc2c74171993b8367b74c9c44.jpeg  

Iyencar is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 13:19   #401
BHPian

My SA told me they were told the expected bookings for their showroom is 75 but got 95 by 14th afternoon. These included the prebookings.
Old 16th July 2023, 14:38   #402
BHPian

Another visit to the showroom today and on wifey's "nudge", upgraded my booking from black HTX+ to pewter olive GTX+. Sadly, had to give up on the camel/tan/peanut butter/brown seats and accept white/black one with tubular design, looks so drab. The manager (my SA was on leave today) assured that the variant will be changed without any significant change in my delivery timeline. He expects it to be around 2.5 to 3 months for the pewter olive coloured car, less if one selected white or any other colour. As per him, this is the most sought-after variant. Also, as per him, GTX+ is likely to be priced about 1 lakh higher than HTX+ but it could be just his conjecture.
jazzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 14:58   #403
BHPian

Would be interesting to know what these guys at Kia were smoking when they "redesigned" the interior colour theme for GT line variants. Looks downright boring. They should have retained the older theme with red accents. People buying GT lines will envy everytime they see other variants interiors which look far better.
Old 16th July 2023, 19:09   #404

Length of the facelift Seltos has gone up by 50 mm basis what I read. Did not see this getting much attention on the forum so thought I will bring it to everyone's attention. Should help with road presence and proportions.
sxb1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 19:11   #405
BHPian

I saw the Pewter Olive color in flesh today at Autobahn, Prabhadevi. I had liked the color in photos, but not in person. It's a dull color.

The black seat upholstery looks a tad better in flesh (GTX+). The black roof makes for a dull interior. The sunroof only lets its one glass open, unlike a Vitara's.

X-line wasn't available for display. I spoke with the SA about matte paint maintenance. He said Kia provides a TPU coating, which is better than PPF, which makes the paint easy to maintain.

TPU - Rs. 85,000
PPF - Rs. 50,000
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks