Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2023, 22:59   #376
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
The only other car I can think of which offered the same was Toyota(on the Innova Touring Sport). Would it be possible to change the stitching colour to red at any prominent leather studio?
I think even Creta Knight edition gives red stitching on the steering wheel and the seats have red piping.
Old 15th July 2023, 00:23   #377
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post

- The black and white tubular seat leatherette in GT/GTX+ did not look that premium (personal view). I just wish they would have given X-Line interior for GTX+ as well. Even patter would have made difference. Not a big fan of tubular design
- I personally prefer the beige interior in Tech variant
It looks far from premium
The HT line seats are better than it .
But the X-line reeks of opulence.

Is there a thread where the maintenance of matte paint has been talked about? Or can any existing X-line owner share his experience, please?
I looked up the internet, but could not find any detailed user experience, especially from India region. Only that one X-line user cautioned, toward the end of his review, that if you don't have time to wash the car, then don't buy it.
Old 15th July 2023, 02:06   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post

Is there a thread where the maintenance of matte paint has been talked about? Or can any existing X-line owner share his experience, please?
I found the below video very helpful.

Basically maintaining it is harder than normal paint. If one is going to have PPF installed, then X line, definitely makes a lot of sense
sumeetchawla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 02:17   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Basically maintaining it is harder than normal paint. If one is going to have PPF installed, then X line, definitely makes a lot of sense
Thank you.
1.35 Lakhs additional for PPF! Top it with the expected bumped-up pricing for variants will push the total cost for X-line to the next higher car segment.

One of comments on the video talks about a cheaper protection alternative - ceramic coating at 28 K. Would you have any opinion on it?
multiloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 10:27   #380
BHPian

Quote:
True. The tubular design feels more like a cheap aftermarket quality. I am OK to give up ADAS for lower variant for better seat interior option but need Auto Hold for sure and 360 camera helps in those tight spaces so left with GTX+.

Quote:
Thank you.
1.35 Lakhs additional for PPF! Top it with the expected bumped-up pricing for variants will push the total cost for X-line to the next higher car segment.

One of comments on the video talks about a cheaper protection alternative - ceramic coating at 28 K. Would you have any opinion on it?
The PPF will be much more expensive if you go for matte film from reputed brand. It is best to check with few detailers on options for X-Line and they should be able to guide.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 11:57   #381
BHPian

I visited the dealership close to my place and saw GTX+ and HTX trim.

Observations:

1. The black roof lining in GTX+ makes the interior vibe dark. It may be a good choice for a special edition like X-line but don't understand why the top trim needs to be so dark.

2. The upholstery on GTX+ looks cheaper even than HTX trim. This is the first time that I have seen Kia make a gaffe when it comes to interiors. Having said that, this will be easier to maintain.

3. Red stitching on GTX+ has been withdrawn. Again, I am not sure about the reasoning. We have Sonet GTX+ with red stitching and even though this is a marginal thing, it does make the interior a notch less richer.

4. The above three points put together take away the sheen from GTX+ interiors as compared to the old Seltos. Make no mistake though, the likes of Maruti cannot challenge Kia on interiors. Maruti feels and looks downright cheap vis-a-vis Kia.

5. Comparatively, the interiors of HTX trim looked far more lively than GTX+. The beige and black interior along with beige seats look upmarket than GTX+.

6. That small shutter for keeping things alongside front seats is beautiful. Talk about choice of materials.

7. The integration of two screens is a job well done. Looks good. But I still feel, Mahindra's execution on XUV7OO looks a notch better.

8. Seltos has always been a good looking car on exterior. The design is evolutionary and there is no stark difference as compared to the predecessor except for the connected lights at the back.

9. The salesman shared that some improvements have been made to the chassis of Seltos. But I took this information with a pinch of salt.

10. Except for stable shell conundrum, the rest of safety pack features across all trims of Seltos is praise worthy.

Booking:
Since I had K-Code, I booked GTX+ with an understanding that my priority booking will be intact if I change my variant post pricing launch. I will be choosing between HTX IVT or HTX+/GTX+ DCT post the pricing launch. Fingers crossed!!!

Request for Help:

1. Folks owning cars with those big sunroofs, how difficult is to maintain that? My car will be parked in open 95% of the time, so I am concerned around the upkeep and reliability in the long run of car. Does the glass become prone to cracking owing to being kept outside in simmering temperatures?

2. I saw the display vehicles inside showroom and instantly noticed the black roof line in GTX+ causing the darkness in cabin. I am not sure if the interior ambient lighting or light coming thru panaromic sunroof reduces this claustrophobic feeling.

3. I had driven 1.5Turbo engine in Verna, loved it and hence opted for same in this booking. My monthly running is around 1200km with 60:40 split in favour of highways. I do typical highway speeds(100-120kmph). I am still confused if IVT would be a better trim for me since I keep my cars for long (>10 years). With discipline like moving to neutral while idling, can I trust DCT for 1.5L kms?

Final comments:
I started with a basic requirement of getting a high seated automatic with a 5 star rating. It's a disappointment that I may have to settle with a car which doesn't fulfill one of the primary considerations. I am tired now waiting to get the right car since last 3 years and have to finalize on new car in 2023. Skoda doesn't have my trust and Mahindra's XUV7OO is too big in size. Maruti/Toyota offerings are more Maruti and hence their tryst with cheap interiors continues. Having driven Marutis for two decades, family needed a change. Honda's Elevate will not be on display till Sep 2023. And that leaves me with Hyundai/Kia group. I am banking upon TBHP family to help me with this purchase more than anything!!!

Last edited by headbanger : 15th July 2023 at 12:00.
headbanger is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 12:34   #382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post

I started with a basic requirement of getting a high seated automatic with a 5 star rating. It's a disappointment that I may have to settle with a car which doesn't fulfill one of the primary considerations. I am tired now waiting to get the right car since last 3 years and have to finalize on new car in 2023. Skoda doesn't have my trust and Mahindra's XUV7OO is too big in size. Maruti/Toyota offerings are more Maruti and hence their tryst with cheap interiors continues. Having driven Marutis for two decades, family needed a change. Honda's Elevate will not be on display till Sep 2023. And that leaves me with Hyundai/Kia group. I am banking upon TBHP family to help me with this purchase more than anything!!!
I have been using Hyundai vehicles for the last 14 years, and I have never faced any issues regarding reliability or ASS, spare parts, etc. I hope your experience will be positive too. You have made the right choice, and Seltos is indeed a very good car in the segment.
aseem23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 12:40   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Final comments:
The Creta and the Seltos are the closest you get to an all-rounder car, with the Seltos facelift, the proposition has only got better. All the Hyundais and Kias in my family have been reliable ever since we first got one, there have been no issues whatsoever and I am sure you won't be disappointed with your Seltos either. Hope you have a happy ownership experience.

We have made 4 bookings for the new Seltos in our family itself and all of us are eagerly awaiting the price reveal.
bijims is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 13:43   #384
BHPian

Kia rakes in 13,424 bookings of the Seltos on day one, 1973 of which came via K-Code. The K-code numbers are actually much lower than my expectation. More details here- https://www.business-standard.com/co...1500299_1.html.
Old 15th July 2023, 14:08   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Kia rakes in 13,424 bookings of the Seltos on day one, 1973 of which came via K-Code. The K-code numbers are actually much lower than my expectation. More details here- https://www.business-standard.com/co...1500299_1.html.
Not surprised one bit that the bookings via K-Code were so low. The site was trash all night and day.
I finally managed to make my booking at like 9.30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Sorry you are mistaken. The GTX+ Diesel AT did indeed cost ₹19.35 lakhs ex-showroom for the pre-facelift model and the same was reflected in your booking which they immediately edited.

Ah, my bad. I found the old pricing online as of Aug 2022, which said 18,35,000. I believe on Rushlane.

Last edited by Ad1tya : 15th July 2023 at 14:10.
Old 15th July 2023, 16:58   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
I never expected bookings with K-code to be very high owing to two factors, one, because of earlier pre-bookings through dealerships that have gotten converted, and two because the dealerships were not too much in favor of the K-code, but one thing is for sure, those who did book through k-code will surely get priority delivery.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 17:03   #387
BHPian

Quote:
I never expected bookings with K-code to be very high owing to two factors, one, because of earlier pre-bookings through dealerships that have gotten converted, and two because the dealerships were not too much in favor of the K-code, but one thing is for sure, those who did book through k-code will surely get priority delivery.
My SA has claimed the the order converted by them is with the K-Code, as he had asked for it. Twice in fact. So... I wonder what category my booking falls under.
Old 15th July 2023, 17:09   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
My SA has claimed the the order converted by them is with the K-Code, as he had asked for it. Twice in fact. So... I wonder what category my booking falls under.
Here is the fact dealers have an allotment of cars which they can allot to the customers who booked the earliest, beyond which K-Code is the best option, your dealer may have already exhausted his quota of allotment, therefore he has booked your car with a K-Code to ensure priority delivery.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 17:11   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the fact dealers have an allotment of cars which they can allot to the customers who booked the earliest, beyond which K-Code is the best option, your dealer may have already exhausted his quota of allotment, therefore he has booked your car with a K-Code to ensure priority delivery.
Interesting. If he doesn't deliver the car within the first lot though, I've already told him I won't want it anymore. Considering that I booked on the 1st of June, based on just speculation and rumours and he confirmed with me that I was the first one at his dealership to book the new seltos. Let's see.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 18:23   #390
BANNED

I have pre-booked with 25k for the IMT HTE DIESEL variant, with the dealer, wondering whether I will get it before the inevitable price hike ,considering that it is not so profitable for KIA to sell it,unlike the other higher variants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks