Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2023, 12:51   #361
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

merged multiple posts, please delete this.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 14th July 2023 at 13:00. Reason: repeat post
Old 14th July 2023, 12:59   #362
Senior - BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Kia Seltos facelift bookings open in India

Kia has officially commenced bookings of the updated Seltos in India. Customers can pre-book the Seltos facelift by paying a sum of Rs 25,000. The prices will be announced in the coming weeks.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-20230704_130348.jpg

Kia unveiled the India-spec Seltos facelift earlier this month. The SUV will be available in three trims: Tech Line, GT Line and X Line. It is powered by 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines. Kia is also offering a new 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine option. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and automatic as well as a CVT, while the turbo-petrol unit comes with an iMT or a 7-speed DCT.

The updated Seltos gets a redesigned front fascia featuring a new grille, LED headlamps and new LED daytime running lights. The front bumper has also been reworked and looks more rugged with its large vents and skid plate. It gets L-shaped LED tail lamps with an LED light bar in the centre, a new rear bumper with a grey insert and a faux skid plate with dual exhaust tips.

Inside, the Seltos facelift gets a sleeker dashboard with a dual-screen setup. It has a digital instrument cluster and a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment head unit in the centre. The SUV also gets features such as a panoramic sunroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, a 360-degree camera, ventilated front seats, an 8-way adjustable driver seat and ambient lighting. For the first time, the Seltos will be available with Level 2 ADAS as well.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 14th July 2023 at 13:02.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 13:29   #363
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if I'm missing anything here?

Why do we only have Wireless Carplay and Android Auto in the lower variants and not in the higher variants?

For the higher variants it says, on Kia's website, that the Android Auto & Apple Car play shall be 'Wired'.

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-kia-seltos-carplay-options.jpg
Old 14th July 2023, 13:31   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post

Why do we only have Wireless Carplay and Android Auto in the lower variants and not in the higher variants?

For the higher variants it says, on Kia's website, that the Android Auto & Apple Car play shall be 'Wired'.

Attachment 2475575
Caveat of the Bose system used by Hyundai-Kia group. The presumably better, and large display, ICE which Bose has manufactured has this limitation. The lower trims use a different make and surprisingly get Wireless AC/CP. Same issue applies to Creta and Alcazar as well.
automowheels is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 13:34   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Samurai View Post

Attachment 2475575
Yes, it's a known issue for both Hyundai and Kia cars. The infotainment system which comes with Bluelink or Kia Connect, does not support wired Apple Carplay or Android auto.
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 13:46   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post
It's their product positioning & they have nailed it which is obvious from the response. However today's news paper ads had a line "cut queues like a badass with a K code", that did not go down well with me especially with our culture of disrespecting queues.
It's just bs marketing terminology. Not sure what some people are getting ticked off by it. We've had worse ads in the past, like Maruti with "Men are back". The product is the reason for the response, not the marketing, IMO.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 14:09   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Caveat of the Bose system used by Hyundai-Kia group. The presumably better, and large display, ICE which Bose has manufactured has this limitation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Yes, it's a known issue for both Hyundai and Kia cars.
I mean, with these models available in the market for about 5 years now, with the same equipment (ICE Bose system) problem, to say this issue/limitation is still not sorted does not bode well for either Bose or Hyundai/Kia.

In 5 years, cars usually make leaps of technological advances. Alas! That is not the case with this particular issue.
Cyber_Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 15:34   #368
BHPian

I visited VST Kia - Palace Cross Bangalore

They had quite a few Seltos either on display or in their parking (getting ready for test drive - registration pending)

Experience:
- There were quite a few customers to check the Seltos and customers who were making on spot bookings with dealer
- The X-Line looks just superb
- The sage green interior and pattern they have used in X-Line looks rich
- The Pewter Olive green looks similar to Tucson Amazon Grey shade
- It does look nice but I'm really not sure how it will look under the sun
- The black and white tubular seat leatherette in GT/GTX+ did not look that premium (personal view). I just wish they would have given X-Line interior for GTX+ as well. Even patter would have made difference. Not a big fan of tubular design
- I personally prefer the beige interior in Tech variant
- The car does look premium: GTX+ and X-Line.
- The pano sunroof makes cabin look spacious
- Twin display is sharp and looks nice
- Plastic around window button did not feel that premium
- SA: Yanis was very helpful
- Overall a pleasant experience. They had lot of SA to help customers and lot of cars on display so it was easier to check the car in detail

My booking was moved to new Seltos today and dealer was open to changing colours. Again I'm in no rush so it is fine. I had booked Gravity Grey but after seeing Black and Grey in older variant next to each other, change my booking to Black exterior. It will be high in maintenance. I just wish X-Line shade was easier to maintain.

Few pictures from my visit below:

I have attached few pictures for:
X Line:
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-xline1.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-xline2.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-xline3.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-xline4.jpg

Pewter Olive GTX+:
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-gtx1.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-gtx2.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-gtx3.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-gtx4.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-gtx5.jpg

Imperial Blue TechLine:

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-htx1.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-htx2.jpg

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-htx3.jpg
neel911 is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:08   #369
BHPian

The tubular black and white seats do bring the premiumness quotient down, but Kia has left us GTXers no choice. I don't like it much, especially without the red stitching they used to provide earlier. The Olive on the exterior and Sage Green interiors would have looked so damn awesome! I too actually like the brown of the HTX over the black tubular design in the GT Line, but one can only wish.
automowheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:15   #370
BHPian

Just came back from Kia Showroom. They had the facelifted Seltos GTX+ and had some kind of inauguration ceremony. It was fun to see the sales folks confused with features at each variants even now.
Below are my observations.
1. Front grill is amazing with 18 inch wheels
2. Did not like rear so much. Prefer Taigun's connected rear lights
3. There was some kind of stain on the panoramic sun roof and then realized this would be the case even when there are bird droppings on the roof
4. Would have preferred the left elbow resting pad to be movable but it is fixed
5. Visibility after raising the seat height is still not great (compared to VW twins) and once raised the head space is a bit tight.
6. This one - I felt is a bit weird. I compared the door thud noise to the older Seltos that stood nearby. The older Seltos sounded sturdier Though I felt, the new Seltos had tougher hinges at doors. When I cross checked regarding interior changes with the salesperson, he told there has been work done on junctions / hinges to make them sturdier - which co-relates with my test.

This could just be me, can someone else who has checked out the face lifted Seltos confirm on this ?
kumarprabhatn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 16:32   #371
BHPian

So late last night, around 2am, my dealership where I had prebooked on 1st June made the transfer to the new seltos prebooking.
For a shortwhile, there was this invoice uploaded which they then revised 10-15 minutes later with an invoice with all amounts at 0.

I'm not sure how correct the numbers were/are, but the ex-showroom cost for the GTX+ Diesel AT was exactly 1 lakh above the old model. 19,35,000 vs. 18,35,000.

Take from this what you will.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-untitled.png  

Last edited by Ad1tya : 14th July 2023 at 16:38. Reason: fixed dumb sizing of the image
Ad1tya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 18:56   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
Though I felt, the new Seltos had tougher hinges at doors. When I cross checked regarding interior changes with the salesperson, he told there has been work done on junctions / hinges to make them sturdier - which co-relates with my test.
Called up my SA to check on this. Apparently, in their training video there indeed was some imagery comparing the old structure to the new, highlighting the reinforcements that have been done. I’ve asked him for some images if he can provide. He said he’ll try to find it and come back. At this point I’m taking this with a pinch of salt though.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 19:16   #373
BHPian

The formal looking interior on the GT line is more suited to the Tech line while the X-Line interior should have been made available on the GT line as well. The red stitching on the pre facelift Seltos GT line leather trims was beautiful and KIA was one of the very few manufacturers to offer that. The only other car I can think of which offered the same was Toyota(on the Innova Touring Sport). Would it be possible to change the stitching colour to red at any prominent leather studio?
Dead_Pedal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 20:59   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Called up my SA to check on this. Apparently, in their training video there indeed was some imagery comparing the old structure to the new, highlighting the reinforcements that have been done. I’ve asked him for some images if he can provide. He said he’ll try to find it and come back. At this point I’m taking this with a pinch of salt though.
My SA indicated the same, however, he was specific that changes were on the hinges and joints. I could find this difference when I compared the doors. The newer version was not easily movable (for the lack of better word). The scary part was when I felt the thud on older version was stronger. I hope its just my imagination.

Last edited by kumarprabhatn : 14th July 2023 at 21:09.
Old 14th July 2023, 21:06   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
I'm not sure how correct the numbers were/are, but the ex-showroom cost for the GTX+ Diesel AT was exactly 1 lakh above the old model. 19,35,000 vs. 18,35,000.

Take from this what you will.
Sorry you are mistaken. The GTX+ Diesel AT did indeed cost ₹19.35 lakhs ex-showroom for the pre-facelift model and the same was reflected in your booking which they immediately edited.
bijims is online now   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks