Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2023, 05:19   #346
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
It all comes down to the simple process of VIN allocation. If Kia India allocates VIN directly to a customer then booking via K-code will get priority. If the dealer gets to choose then there is no point in having a k-code priority system.
This is how it is, Dealerships will get their quota of Cars the earliest and can allocate the VIN to the customers who have pre-booked through them (some have even booked very early for the facelift). The Bookings through K-Code on 14th July (the only day K-Code is useful) will get their cars allocated directly from Kia, and the car will arrive allocated to the customer.

So this is a fair opportunity in my opinion, customers who paid and waited months will definitely get their cars in the first lot, whereas bookings through K-Code on 14th July will get theirs allocated directly from Kia.

Anyways, whatever the case, booking through the dealership will give you some degree of freedom, as regards colour and variant as they can allot any cancellation to you, which wouldn't be the case if you booked yourself with a K-Code. You are stuck to the variant and colour you chose and will have to go to the back of the line if you change the colour or variant if you aren't satisfied once the price comes out or after seeing the same in person.

The dealerships here don't ask for K-Code for pre-bookings made directly through them months before, now they have informed me that booking through K-Code would be better to get earlier delivery as they have mostly exhausted their allocated set of cars.

Anyways, I have made four bookings on behalf of my relatives, two were prebooked in May and June through the dealer, and two were booked through K-Code today, The dealership has assured me that the ones prebooked in May and June will surely get their cars first, but what I am more curious is to see when will those booked through K-Code get their delivery.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 07:21   #347
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Two questions:
1. What are the cancellation terms when booking online?
2. Some media outlets are reporting a price reveal today. Is that even true?
Old 14th July 2023, 07:29   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Two questions:
1. What are the cancellation terms when booking online?
2. Some media outlets are reporting a price reveal today. Is that even true?
I have attached the details as per the Kia website, No price reveal is scheduled for a later date
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-seltos-online-cancellation.jpg  

Old 14th July 2023, 09:27   #349
BHPian

Finally relieved to see the booking under My Order, without any promised date/pricing information though.
Old 14th July 2023, 09:37   #350
BHPian

I received a launch event invite at Shaw KIA, BKC (was yesterday - did not attend) from my SA. I believe the same Green GTX+ is being paraded across other dealerships in Mumbai today.

Anyway, I'm happy to note that GTX+ receives ADAS and HUD. So, the only differences between GTX+ and X-Line are cosmetic in nature. My better half hates Matt Black (and its her car), so GTX+ Green it is.
Old 14th July 2023, 09:38   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadkhan View Post
Finally relieved to see the booking under My Order, without any promised date/pricing information though.
Yes, just checked. Before that, I got a call from an SA of my selected dealer to confirm the chosen variant and he informed that the same car will be on display today post noon.
Old 14th July 2023, 09:39   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Anyway, I'm happy to note that GTX+ receives ADAS and HUD. So, the only differences between GTX+ and X-Line are cosmetic in nature. Can't do Matt Black, so GTX+ it is.
Where did you get this bit from? The brochure says the HUD is exclusive to X-Line.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 09:44   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get this bit from? The brochure says the HUD is exclusive to X-Line.
yes apologies, I stand corrected. ADAS present but HUD missing.
Old 14th July 2023, 10:16   #354
BHPian

Anyone wishing to see the new Seltos in South Bangalore can visit JSP Kia today.
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-message_c5649731195f4fa5ad0a8d4b7d95358b.jpeg
Old 14th July 2023, 10:30   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
There is launch at 11am at VST Kia Bangalore - Palace Cross tomorrow - 14th.

They will be having GTX+ and X-Line for display (my SA confirmed).
That's true, I visited a showroom in Bangalore last evening and was taken down to the cellar by the RM where the Xline was parked. It really looks amazing.
Just like the Range Rover Evoque.
Old 14th July 2023, 10:46   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone wishing to see the new Seltos in South Bangalore can visit JSP Kia today.
Attachment 2475521
Cannot understand Kia India's obsession with "Badass". The term is not a very polite one either in Western civilized societies and most definitely not in Indian society..

They could have moved on to a more polished one rather than Badass 2.0.

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th July 2023 at 10:51.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 11:14   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Cannot understand Kia India's obsession with "Badass". The term is not a very polite one either in Western civilized societies and most definitely not in Indian society..

They could have moved on to a more polished one rather than Badass 2.0.
Badass translates to tough, uncompromising, or intimidating, so I think they mean the Seltos to be so, it's uncompromising on features and has a good presence. So it really describes the car.

Yes, not the most polite but literally they went with it in the beginning and continue to do so.

Whatever tagline it got, it sells well regardless.
Old 14th July 2023, 11:20   #358
BHPian

Anyone still getting an error while trying to book? It keeps throwing up Error:9999 when I try to pay.
Old 14th July 2023, 11:31   #359
BHPian

It seems to be Olive Green GTX+ and X-Line for most of the dealer display vehicles

I plan to visit dealer today to check Olive Green shade and the Black (with white inserts) seating on GTX+ in person.

Pricing will come by end of month and test drive in about a week as per my SA
Old 14th July 2023, 12:45   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Yes, not the most polite but literally they went with it in the beginning and continue to do so.
It's their product positioning & they have nailed it which is obvious from the response. However today's news paper ads had a line "cut queues like a badass with a K code", that did not go down well with me especially with our culture of disrespecting queues.

Quote:
The brochure says the HUD is exclusive to X-Line.
Yes, the HUD and a matte paint scheme seems to be only difference between the X-line and the GTX+.

Last edited by Bhodrolok : 14th July 2023 at 12:58. Reason: merged multiple posts
Bhodrolok is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks