Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2023, 16:41   #316
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Looks like all showrooms will predominantly only get the new pewter olive colour and the x line matt black colour. I wanted to see the car in the other colour options before making a booking. Test driving the new variant looks like an elusive dream for now.
Old 13th July 2023, 16:49   #317
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

It all comes down to the simple process of VIN allocation. If Kia India allocates VIN directly to a customer then booking via K-code will get priority. If the dealer gets to choose then there is no point in having a k-code priority system.
true_sedan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 17:40   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
This Page gives good details regarding feature distribution in the Seltos and isn't that confusing.
Dude you just made a grown man cry tears of joy. Thank you for the link. Seems Kia has the same sadistic tendencies as Hyundai as shown by their intent to confuse a potential buyer in every way possible. Brings back terrible memories of choosing a variant of the Venue (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs). Some gems from the brochure:

1. Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start. When you read you begin with A-B-C, when you name you begin with HTK < HTK+ < HTX < HTX+ < nope not GTX < GTX+ < X line (bottom to top). I am using the "<" symbol very liberally and goes against everything drilled into our head in fourth grade arithmetic. If you can give me HTK and HTK+ followed by HTX and then HTX+ why throw a googly and name the next one directly as GTX+ followed by an X line instead of the much more logical GTX and GTX+. I spent an ungodly amount of time on my tiny phone screen scrolling left and right thinking I wasn't seeing a GTX variant.

2. Why give a diesel AT in HTX, skip HTX+ and give it directly in GTX+ and the X Line. The lower HTX has the option of both iMT and AT in diesel while the HTX+ only has the former. Go figure. Consequently traction control modes are not available in the HTX+ diesel because there is no AT to begin with

3. Should have made the X line merely cosmetic but no, they had to give the HUD only in the X Line. Oh and the completely loaded X Line has a grand total of wait for it- drum roll - 1 exterior colour! The rest have 6 colours HTX onwards. The base models have 5. I don't know which one is missing because after having stared at the screen for so long all the dark coloured dots have started to look the same

4. HTX and GTX+ have a tubular pattern on the seat but the HTX+ has a geometric pattern while the X line has a Chevron pattern. Not even going into the seat colours for each of these

5. While all variants have a pocked behind the front seat, only the HTX which sits bang in the middle of the line up has a passenger seat upper pocket.

6. The three base models from E to K+ get black interiors and so do the two top models GTX+ and X Line, while the HTX and X+ get a greyish white. Did I tell you the D-cut (huh?) steering wheel has black, or white or orange stitching depending on the variant?

As of now we are probably going for the GTX+ for the 360 cam and ADAS. If they price this variant obscenely then we will go for the HTX+ which only has an iMT and not AT in the diesel though it would suck to lose the 360 cam. Saving grace is that the non-ADAS safety features are standard almost through the range. Thank god for small mercies.
Also can someone please tell me which ADAS features can be turned off and on as needed? Am worried about getting rear ended due to aggressive braking.

Last edited by Iyencar : 13th July 2023 at 17:57. Reason: Formatting re baba
Iyencar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 18:39   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Dude you just made a grown man cry tears of joy. Thank you for the link. Seems Kia has the same sadistic tendencies as Hyundai as shown by their intent to confuse a potential buyer in every way possible. Brings back terrible memories of choosing a variant of the Venue (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs).
Unfortunately, cars, unlike laptops, are still not fully customizable, at least not the mass-market c-suv segment ones and that applies to seltos too. So, the trick is to have clarity on our own "must-have" features and "good-to-have" features. For me, ventilated seats are a must-have, panaromic sunroof is wifey's demand, a decent power and torque are definitely required along with all basic creature comforts. Safety features are required though safety rating (I think) are way over-emphasized - people drive carelessly and don't wear seat belts causing way more damage to themselves on our roads. 360 degree camera is one thing I can live without (though it would have been a great addition). ADAS - I am not sure where I will use it, at least not in the city where over 80% of my driving will be. That makes me choose HTX+, brown leatherette seats are just icing on the cake, way better looking than white or black (personal choice).
jazzy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 19:22   #320
BHPian

This K-Code is so confusing. My friend wants to book GTX+ tonight, but doesn't have any Kia Seltos owners around him. Please DM me if you can help.
Old 13th July 2023, 20:00   #321
BANNED

Hormazd Sorabjee has interviewed kia India's MD Tae-Jin Park on Auto Car India YouTube Channel where he spoke about competitive pricing of Seltos,will come to know about it tomorrow.

Last edited by Timeline 1967 : 13th July 2023 at 20:01.
Timeline 1967 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 20:13   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Also can someone please tell me which ADAS features can be turned off and on as needed? Am worried about getting rear ended due to aggressive braking.
Auto braking can 100% be turned Off via the MID/Entertainment display. Lane keep assist has a button on the steering wheel itself.

If you’re worried, check out a Hyundai Verna ADAS system in a review. It should be exactly the same system.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 22:27   #323
BHPian

There is launch at 11am at VST Kia Bangalore - Palace Cross tomorrow - 14th.

They will be having GTX+ and X-Line for display (my SA confirmed).

I am planning to go for Gravity Grey 1.5T GTX+. However, when checking below video, the seat combination does not look that great in GTX+ in video atleast .

The X-Line interior does look much richer.

Since both variants would be on display tomorrow, it'll help to see how both look in person. I just wished they had given atleast 2 options in GTX+ for interior.

The X-Line exterior will only come in matte grey shade. Can someone point me to any ownership review of that shade? I love the matte shade but concerned with respect to the long term maintainability aspect of matte paint.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th July 2023 at 02:22. Reason: Typos, missed "."
Old 13th July 2023, 23:28   #324
BHPian

Hello. Posting after many years.
I am in Mumbai. New to the city. Would you recommend the best dealership to get the car from?
I have visited Autobahn (Saki Vihar), but not completely confident about them. Have also spoken to an exec at Shivaay (Vidyavihar).

Looking forward to making the booking at midnight.
Old 13th July 2023, 23:39   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
I am in Mumbai. New to the city. Would you recommend the best dealership to get the car from?
I have visited Autobahn (Saki Vihar), but not completely confident about them. Have also spoken to an exec at Shivaay (Vidyavihar).
Hello.
You can try the Autobahn Kia in Prabhadevi. They have excellent SA and my contact is Vikram there. I have personally been handled by him. I was very close to buying a Sonet but had to cancel due to a long waiting period and bought the Venue instead. Trust me you will be in safe hands.
This time as well I am in a dilemma. I have already booked the Hyundai Creta SX(O) Diesel MT but the new Facelift in the Pewter olive colour has made me confused.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th July 2023 at 02:22. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 23:43   #326
BHPian

There is a launch tomorrow- 14th at Autobahn Kia in Prabhadevi at 11 a.m.
ssoni.1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 00:03   #327
BHPian

Seems like the demand isn't decreasing. The Kia site crashed :-/
sumeetchawla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 00:14   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Seems like the demand isn't decreasing. The Kia site crashed :-/
The site opened for me, but it is in the same old situation, can't find a place to give the k code , anybody found that ?
vinaygeorgeroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 00:16   #329
BHPian

Has anyone been able to login yet? I am struggling with the 500 Internal Server Error.

The SA at Autobahn, Powai, says they are able to login and make the bookings via the dealership app.

Last edited by multiloop : 14th July 2023 at 00:18.
Old 14th July 2023, 00:21   #330
BHPian

Looks like in the excitement of priority delivery, someone at Kia India forgot to prioritise their website!

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-img_20230714_0002308603.jpg

Last edited by richie4u : 14th July 2023 at 00:23.
richie4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks