Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2023, 11:36   #286
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
I also did a booking today. But I just now received a message from Kia below:
I did not get any K-code. I did receive the receipt though. May be they did it though K-code for you, which is similar to option given bookings for existing owners.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2023 at 03:01. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thanks.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 12:55   #287
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I have booked the 1.5 Petrol DCT X-Line and because it is the top of the line model, they say I will surely get my delivery at the earliest,
I too booked the same with 25k and got the same surety on the delivery front.
Old 10th July 2023, 19:17   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
I did not get any K-code. I did receive the receipt though. May be they did it though K-code for you, which is similar to option given bookings for existing owners.
I've also booked GTX+ (looking for turbo in Gravity Grey) at dealer by paying 25K. As per my SA, all bookings are being taken against old Seltos and not the new one. On 14th, the old bookings will be moved to new ones.

I asked about K-code and was told that it might not be needed but he'll let me know 1-2 days before 14th. I'm not sure if they have an ability to generate as well. I have anyways got same generated from a friend and kept it. I'm looking to change my current car by end of this year so not in a rush but wanted to be in queue. The bookings made with dealer are cancellable without any penalty. This is something I ensured before booking it. Pricing will also be key. The GTX+ does come with ADAS and can easily bump up price by about a lakh with all other features added.
Old 10th July 2023, 19:58   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Pricing will also be key. The GTX+ does come with ADAS and can easily bump up price by about a lakh with all other features added.
Exactly. I'm on the same page. In addition to the price not being too high, for me delivery is a criteria as well. Have few long drives planned. Keeping fingers crossed on safety (body shell) though.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 20:07   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
Exactly. I'm on the same page. In addition to the price not being too high, for me delivery is a criteria as well. Have few long drives planned. Keeping fingers crossed on safety (body shell) though.
I believe they would probably do what they did with the Carens and start with a pretty tempting low price and start hiking the prices as we hopelessly wait for the deliveries. I wouldn't be too hopeful about a reinforced body shell though. If they had made any improvements in that department, I believe they would have been quite vocal about it. Now, even when they are talking about safety, the only thing they talk about is the increased number of airbags and ADAS.

But, all that said, I can't think of a more well-rounded car and planning to book it on 14th
Old 10th July 2023, 21:53   #291
BHPian

Quote:
I've also booked GTX+ (looking for turbo in Gravity Grey) at dealer by paying 25K. As per my SA, all bookings are being taken against old Seltos and not the new one. On 14th, the old bookings will be moved to new ones.
My SA called and asked me to send him the K-Code today. He said they're going to add it with my booking. So... I'm probably going to get another K-code and book it myself on 14th as well.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2023 at 03:00. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 11th July 2023, 01:51   #292
BHPian

Quote:

I asked about K-code and was told that it might not be needed but he'll let me know 1-2 days before 14th.
I booked at one dealer day before yesterday by paying Rs 25,000. He also told me that the K Code will be needed on the 14th itself. Now I am thinking booking directly on the site would have made more sense.

Another friend of mine booked Seltos 4 months back but paused it because he was accepting the new Seltos soon. He called me up today asking if I want his booking as he is going ahead with the XUV700 instead. His SA told him that his booking would get the car in the first lot itself. Can bookings be transferred like this?

I am still very confused though. Really looking forward to the pricing though. Still bummed out that CVT gearbox isn't available as I have read a lot of issues about DCT. The car does look like a fully loaded one though!

P.S.: Thanks to the mods for re-opening this thread.
Old 11th July 2023, 04:55   #293
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
I booked at one dealer day before yesterday by paying Rs 25,000. He also told me that the K Code will be needed on the 14th itself. Now I am thinking booking directly on the site would have made more sense.

Another friend of mine booked Seltos 4 months back but paused it because he was accepting the new Seltos soon. He called me up today asking if I want his booking as he is going ahead with the XUV700 instead. His SA told him that his booking would get the car in the first lot itself. Can bookings be transferred like this?

I am still very confused though. Really looking forward to the pricing though. Still bummed out that CVT gearbox isn't available as I have read a lot of issues about DCT. The car does look like a fully loaded one though!

P.S.: Thanks to the mods for re-opening this thread.
Yes older bookings have the highest priority and will get theirs first, dealerships do have some leeway in allotting cars assigned to them, and so once a booking is made a car will be allotted to that booking regardless of whether it is canceled later, so dealerships try their best to get maximum bookings and are least worried about cancellations, as considering this is a hot-seller, the person next-in-line will easily buy it off their hands.

Now, regarding why they may have asked you for the K-Code, the dealership most probably would have allotted most of the cars they are expecting to those who have booked earlier from their end, so the next best option is the K-Code.

Now, moving on to variant spread, Kia usually leaves this gap in the variants with IVT and manuals which are usually offered with Hyundai, when the Creta facelift launches in early 2024, it will have a better variant spread with the IVT also being available in the top of the line trims as well, in addition to the manuals, which will at least receive the second to top variants too.

The Seltos will have its time from now until the Creta launches in 2024, just like the case it was in 2019 for the Seltos and 2020 for the Creta, and the Creta hasn't looked back since. So, if you are looking for even more freedom with variant choices and options, the Creta facelift is worth waiting for!

Last edited by bijims : 11th July 2023 at 04:56.
bijims is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:45   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post

The Seltos will have its time from now until the Creta launches in 2024, just like the case it was in 2019 for the Seltos and 2020 for the Creta, and the Creta hasn't looked back since. So, if you are looking for even more freedom with variant choices and options, the Creta facelift is worth waiting for!
The other factor is looks which is subjective. Personally I find the facelift Seltos much better in terms of looks than facelift Creta (based on facelift Creta launched in international markets). Feature wise there may not be any gap anymore.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 11:37   #295
BHPian

Kia has clearly chosen not to disclose any information regarding the body shell, structural integrity, and passive safety at the launch. While some seem to be hoping for a "surprise" post-launch, it is important to note that significant improvements in these areas would likely have been highlighted and celebrated during the launch event. Kia appears to be aware that adding two flashy features will attract more customers than earning two additional crash rating stars.

Last edited by kpkeerthi : 11th July 2023 at 11:45.
kpkeerthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 12:58   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your booking!
Looks like Kia India is pissed at the dealerships for accepting bookings for the new Seltos very early on instead of pushing the old Seltos inventory. Maybe that’s why they introduced this kcode system in the first place. Have to wait and watch how all this drama unfolds.

Did you get any discounts, tentative delivery timeline, approx OTR price during booking?

Cheers!
Old 11th July 2023, 17:15   #297
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Looks like Kia India is pissed at the dealerships for accepting bookings for the new Seltos very early on instead of pushing the old Seltos inventory. Maybe that’s why they introduced this kcode system in the first place. Have to wait and watch how all this drama unfolds.
Did you get any discounts, tentative delivery timeline, approx OTR price during booking?
Kia India ain't pissed at the dealerships one bit, they had already instructed the dealerships first that all existing Seltos inventory had to be liquidated by the 28th of June, then dealers were told to wait till the launch, after which they rolled out the last offer by which all existing Seltos have to be sold by 17th June, the official offers are up to the tune of 1.83 lakhs and some dealers who haven't been able to sell their inventory as quickly have put their own offers above the official discounts to raise the discounts over 2 lakhs.

The K-Code system was already planned well beforehand and has nothing to do with the dealers.

Are you kidding, there would be absolutely zero discounts on a new model, as iterated earlier, the old model has some great offers. but nothing at all for the new one.

Kia is said to be announcing prices sometime between 25th July and 22nd August (the date of the price reveal of the Original Seltos, 4 Year anniversary), So we have to wait and see.

If the price is revealed in July itself, you can expect deliveries to start by August.

The bookings until now have been made against the old Seltos which will be migrated to the new Seltos from 14th July, the revised booking dockets with on-road prices will be available once the prices are revealed. The delivery timelines are for namesake only.

Now as regards K-Code, dealerships have no involvement in delivery timelines for these, whereas they can arrange for those booked directly through them for the cars they will receive on the initial allotment. You will get more freedom if you have booked with the dealer (quite early) and will most likely receive the cars in the first despatches. After this it is uncertain, that is why dealerships are also saying K-Code may/may not be required because once the dealerships have exhausted or allotted their initial despatches, they are unsure whether bookings through them or K-code will get earlier delivery.

So considering its already this close to the official pre-booking time, the K-Code would be a good thing to have handy.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 18:58   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
Congrats on your booking!

Cheers!
The facelift has already been launched. So this should not cause any issue between Kia and dealers. Buyers who are booking Seltos right now, clearly know what they want (old generation if there is stock or new one). My recommendation is that if the dealer is not asking for k-code and you really need the car, I would go ahead and book online on 14th as well and based on which comes first, cancel the other (this does need you to part with another interest free 25K and not sure if there are any cancellation charges for online bookings).

There would not be any discounts for near future. That said, it'll be interesting to see if there is any price protection given to early bookings. I requested for 1.5 Turbo Petrol so they have booked me against 1.4 Turbo Petrol for current generation. This would be moved to 1.5 on 14th .
Old 12th July 2023, 14:42   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post

Go in for HTX+ variant in MT (either diesel or 1.5T petrol) if you want all the features (except ADAS and HUD).
HTX+ does not come in MT. Kia should have at-least offered it till HTX+

• Full Digital Cluster with 26.04 cm (10.25”) Color LCD MID and Smartphone Wireless Charger
• Dual Zone Fully Automatic Air Conditioner
• Ambient Lighting, Auto Anti-glare Inside Rear-view Mirror with Kia Connect Button
• Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel, All Door Power Window Auto Up/Down with Safety
• 60:40 Seat Back Split Fold with Rear Reclining Seats, Rear Center Armrest with Cup Holders
• ISOFIX Child Anchor and Adjustable Rear Headrests (x3)
• Front Ventilated Seats
• Solar Glass – UV Cut (Front Windshield, All Door Windows)
• 360 Degree Camera with Blind View Monitor in Cluster*

* Offered on GTX+ & X-Line but should have been offered from HTX+ on-wards.

I'll miss on these above mentioned features on HTX (MT).
Old 12th July 2023, 16:05   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
HTX+ does not come in MT. Kia should have at-least offered it till HTX+

I'll miss on these above mentioned features on HTX (MT).
Yes, but that's clearly the strategy of Kia (and Hyundai) these days. They basically want everyone to embrace their automatic variants.
They don't offer NA Petrol MT in higher trims. And they don't want to offer Turbo Petrol MT or Diesel MT either.
I will not be surprised, if they keep the NA Petro MT option available only in the lowest trim going forward.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks