Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2023, 23:57   #271

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Booked unofficially for a friend at 25K, been ensured of placing it in the system as booking opens up. Ensured of early delivery. Model of choice is X Line Diesel AT in White DT.
Was the dealer able to confirm that X-Line will be delivered in a colour other than the Matte Black? If so, that's great news since many of the members were concerned about the same
Old 9th July 2023, 01:07   #272
BANNED

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

It is pertinent to note that due to removal of 2 DIN music system in the HTE variants in the facelifted version ,whether the price will be kept unchanged?
Old 9th July 2023, 04:09   #273
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Booked unofficially for a friend at 25K, been ensured of placing it in the system as booking opens up. Ensured of early delivery. Model of choice is X Line Diesel AT in White DT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sids2705 View Post
Was the dealer able to confirm that X-Line will be delivered in a colour other than the Matte Black? If so, that's great news since many of the members were concerned about the same
You must be mistaken as X-Line is only available in the exclusive Matte Graphite color scheme, the GTX+ may be the version you are referring to!, Moreover, the HTX+ and GTX+ are the only variants on offer with dual-tone color schemes, the only difference aside from the cosmetic differences between the X-Line and GTX+ is that the X-Line gets a Heads-Up Display over the GTX+.

For Reference, here is a breakdown of the "major" differences between the automatic variants of the new Seltos facelift shared by my KEC, The list can also be found at https://www.kia.com/in/our-vehicles/...are-trims.html

I have attached a few pictures of the New Seltos which have arrived at the dealership a couple of days ago!
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-seltos-facelift-automatic-variants-differences.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230708-19.52.56.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230708-19.52.56-1.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230708-19.52.55.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230708-19.52.55-2.jpeg  

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230708-19.52.55-1.jpeg  

Last edited by bijims : 9th July 2023 at 04:21. Reason: Added pictures
bijims is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 07:45   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I have attached a few pictures of the New Seltos which have arrived at the dealership a couple of days ago!
Oh well, surprised to see that these cars belong to JSP Kia in Bangalore, who I had asked about the new car and they’d said it would arrive by 20th July. Maybe they’ve received the lot but can’t display until then?
automowheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 08:02   #275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Oh well, surprised to see that these cars belong to JSP Kia in Bangalore, who I had asked about the new car and they’d said it would arrive by 20th July. Maybe they’ve received the lot but can’t display until then?
There has been an unofficial instruction to Kia dealerships to not display the vehicles in the showroom until the pre booking starts on 14th July, but some dealerships have the same displayed nonetheless.

Last edited by bijims : 9th July 2023 at 08:04.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 08:23   #276

Quote:
You must be mistaken as X-Line is only available in the exclusive Matte Graphite color scheme, the GTX+ may be the version you are referring to!,
Exactly my point I was surprised to see a dealer offering the X-Line in a colour other than the Matte Graphite. I have always known Kia to offer the X-Line in only one colour, and my dealer in Hyderabad has confirmed the same as well.
Old 9th July 2023, 12:00   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
It is pertinent to note that due to removal of 2 DIN music system in the HTE variants in the facelifted version ,whether the price will be kept unchanged?
Kia wants to compete with Sigma (base) petrol variant of Maruti Grand Vitara which retails at ex-showroom price of Rs. 10.70 lakhs. Kia could have an introductory price just below that, at Rs. 10.59 or 10.49 lakhs even, to wean away customers from Maruti.

Let us see. Price reveal is just few days or weeks away.

Last edited by SeniorC : 9th July 2023 at 12:01. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 9th July 2023, 12:31   #278

The GTX+ feels like a lot of compromise for a buyer purchasing the top end variant:

- Black leather interiors IMO look less premium than tan HTX ones or the sage green of x line.
- Seats tubular design picked from sonet GT variant. Black and beige looks old now.
- Bumper design having more black cheap plastic cladding than lower variants with glossy black finish. Starts looking old sooner.
- HUD removed
- No IVT/1.5NA engine option to choose for reliability concerns
- going for X Line just restricts you the the matt black colour option. Not happy with the variant spread.
Creta has and will continue to have better variant distribution with facelift launch also which begs the difficult question of purchasing Seltos now or wait until next year for creta facelift.
ALT+Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 15:52   #279
BHPian

Reconfirming that X-Line gets only the Matt-Black option as explained by my SA. Unfortunately, my better half hates the color and so, I've requested a GTX+ to be entered into the system. May potentially get my car in 3rd week of August (per the SA).

Wonder what stops Kia from offering more colours for the X-Line. Also, I hate the silly 'badass' tagline - cringe-worthy.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 17:09   #280
BHPian

Interestingly, went to another showroom where they confirmed July end for car to be in showroom and potentially to be available for test drive. I insisted for early delivery. They were fine with it. Weird, as another showroom folks told, it will take a while.

This makes me think the showroom folks have no idea reg delivery dates and are just throwing darts. It will become clear post July end.

I also asked reg K-code and how that'd be prioritized vs dealer bookings. They said, they directly go to Kia where as the dealerships are different. I pressed a little about it but left it there. I think even for Kia it would make sense not to anger dealerships, so it would be better to book via them vs K-code / app. Also, you'd need the relationship with the dealer.

I also asked reg any improvement in body shell. It was surprising to see their response. It was like explaining the concept of inner body shell to a newbie. I'm sure they've faced this before. Again, may be that's the strategy. They mentioned they have trainings month end. I explained him about this (body shell in India vs other countries and hence difference in NCAP) and told to ask these questions to the person giving the demo and get back to me
Not sure if I'll get anything out of it though.

Anyways, with that I've booked Seltos GTX+ White.

Apparently, we can cancel the booking post 5 days having a look at the car and prices being revealed.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 20:41   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
I also asked reg K-code and how that'd be prioritized vs dealer bookings. They said, they directly go to Kia where as the dealerships are different. I pressed a little about it but left it there. I think even for Kia it would make sense not to anger dealerships, so it would be better to book via them vs K-code / app. Also, you'd need the relationship with the dealer.
I also did a booking today. But I just now received a message from Kia below:

2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh-img_3751.jpeg

But the dealer told me to share the k-code with him on 14th. So I am not sure what’s going on or what is priority.

I have replied to Kia regarding the same too.

I agree with the previous reply. The sage green seats look amazing and it’s weird to limit HuD only to X line. Having IVT would have been amazing too.
Old 10th July 2023, 01:28   #282
BHPian

With so many transmission options given, what are the pros & cons of each & which one is highly recommended ?

MT misses so many features which are on the higher trim automatics. Not specifically ADAS since it needs an automatic transmission anyway.
Old 10th July 2023, 04:15   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
With so many transmission options given, what are the pros & cons of each & which one is highly recommended ?

MT misses so many features which are on the higher trim automatics. Not specifically ADAS since it needs an automatic transmission anyway.
The top-end variants GTX+ and X-Line are only offered with the 1.5 Turbo Petrol 7DCT and the 1.5 Diesel 6AT, In my opinion, these are definitely the best options of the lot, with the 1.5 Diesel 6AT being the more fuel efficient and reliable owing to the tried and tested 6-speed torque converter AT.

The 1.5 Petrol DCT on the other hand, will be more performance-oriented with 160hp of power and 253nm of torque on tap.

In my opinion, these two are the ones worth recommending in the Seltos, and you can choose between them based on your preference for Petrol or Diesel.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 09:57   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The top-end variants GTX+ and X-Line are only offered with the 1.5 Turbo Petrol 7DCT and the 1.5 Diesel 6AT, In my opinion, these are definitely the best options of the lot, with the 1.5 Diesel 6AT being the more fuel efficient and reliable owing to the tried and tested 6-speed torque converter AT.

The 1.5 Petrol DCT on the other hand, will be more performance-oriented with 160hp of power and 253nm of torque on tap.

In my opinion, these two are the ones worth recommending in the Seltos, and you can choose between them based on your preference for Petrol or Diesel.
Quote:

HTX+ could be a VFM variant and is offered with 1.5 Turbo petrol in both iMT and DCT transmissions along with Diesel iMT. My guess is that it'd be the most popular in the lineup.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th July 2023 at 10:03.
Old 10th July 2023, 11:31   #285
BHPian

Quote:

HTX variant has MT and CVT transmissions both in petrol and diesel. HTX+ variant has all the bells and whistles normally required (barring ADAS and HUD) and comes both with MT (petrol and diesel) and DCT (1.5T petrol only).

Go in for HTX+ variant in MT (either diesel or 1.5T petrol) if you want all the features (except ADAS and HUD).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks