Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 20:29   #256

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Can we have X-Line (Top Model) with standard outer body colors, because I hate that matt grey!

I believe they have goofed-up on color schemes this time -
GT Line interiors very so good in old version, Now its White combination. I mean sports and white

Wish they allowed Any interior/Exterior color of customers choice - Afterall customer needs to get what they desire.

PS: Guys who are in touch with Kia showrooms, please can you ask the above color questions and clarify for all of us ?
zinbart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 21:50   #257
BANNED

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Lack of new posts in the thread does it indicate that interest has waned in the Seltos update?

HTE & HTK variants have not got any new features in the updated version.
Old 7th July 2023, 22:01   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I would rather stick to Apollo Apterra any time of the day then to run my car on JK Tyres .
Ok, now I have JK UX Royale 215/60R17 as OE tyres in my Creta and till date apart from one odd puncture they have done a good job over 26000+ km. So again, one needs to take a nuanced view. I did ask the dealer at the time of my delivery about JK to be honest, but he assured me they are one of the better variants especially for the Creta, and he was right.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 22:08   #259
Senior - BHPian

Attached the new seltos brochure..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kia-Seltos-4-Page-Leaflet-2023-Mobile.pdf (5.98 MB, 689 views)
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 03:37   #260
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
Lack of new posts in the thread does it indicate that interest has waned in the Seltos update?

HTE & HTK variants have not got any new features in the updated version.
I guess it's natural, since there's no cars in showrooms yet and neither are any reviews of seltos available. Still the response is way better than elevate pages.

HTE and HTK have received following significant updates-

6 airbags
ESC, vsm
Rear discs
iMT in diesel
Hill start assist
3 point rear seatbelts
Adjustable 3 rear headrest
Illuminated power window switches
Rear window sunshades
Height adjustable seatbelts
Driver seat height adjustment
Updated MID ( same as current Verna)

Apart from above Updates limited to only HTK-
Front parking sensor
Auto headlamp
Drvm
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 08:55   #261
BHPian

Do we know when this car will be available for test drive and when is the estimated delivery date ?
Old 8th July 2023, 10:28   #262
BHPian

So feature wise, only difference between GTX+ and X-Line is HeadsUp Display correct?

The All Black with Sage Green inserts is something we need to see in person
I love the matt grey shade but it is just not easy to maintain in our conditions.

Does anyone know when the review of facelift drops? Interested to see suspension tuning if any and the Turbo Petrol engine performance.

Seltos has totally aced in terms of making it feature loaded. Looks wise as well it is way ahead from competitors (personal preference). Leaving body shell quality aside, it has all ingredients to top sales charts. Let us see pricing wise how much premium we are looking at.

On body shell/build, good to see same getting called out here (from 9:20) :
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 12:25   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeline 1967 View Post
I doubt it. This does look like one of the best cSUVs out there in terms of features. I think most of the info one can get after the launch is already done and people are just waiting to see an actual physical preview and most importantly test drives.

I am personally waiting to test drive too. I want to see the difference between this and the current gen Creta in terms of ride comfort.
Old 8th July 2023, 14:32   #264
BHPian

Talked to a near by Kia showroom. They said, they can prebook now at showroom. It will be considered as priority. Official pre booking starts on Jul 14. Price reveal around Jul 25. Test drive to be made available around Aug 15. Deliveries could take 6 months to a year ! Apparently, they already have 100+ pre bookings.

Last edited by kumarprabhatn : 8th July 2023 at 14:34.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 15:08   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarprabhatn View Post
Talked to a near by Kia showroom. They said, they can prebook now at showroom. It will be considered as priority. Official pre booking starts on Jul 14. Price reveal around Jul 25. Test drive to be made available around Aug 15. Deliveries could take 6 months to a year ! Apparently, they already have 100+ pre bookings.
This is what I am confused about too. I spoke to my SA and he said bring your K-Code (or the referring person's smart card) with you. But the site says the K-Code can only be used while booking from the site on 14th.

I told this to my SA and he said they will generate it on the 14th while booking from their side.

I messaged Kia but never got any reply either.
Old 8th July 2023, 15:16   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
This is what I am confused about too. I spoke to my SA and he said bring your K-Code (or the referring person's smart card) with you. But the site says the K-Code can only be used while booking from the site on 14th.

I told this to my SA and he said they will generate it on the 14th while booking from their side.

I messaged Kia but never got any reply either.

Wait, delivery can take up to 6 months to a year!!

P.S.: My apologies, I thought I was editing my previous post but by mistake I must have posted a new message.
Old 8th July 2023, 16:15   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeetchawla View Post
Wait, delivery can take up to 6 months to a year!!
That's what I'm told. Not sure if this waiting period and the 100+ advanced pre bookings I'm told, is to expedite my decision making. It is having the opposite effect.
kumarprabhatn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 16:40   #268
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Yes, showrooms have accepted unofficial pre-bookings as early as late May to Early June, I have already booked mine in the first week of June and am in the first 10 to get their delivery from the showroom, most probably in the week of launch itself, I have booked the 1.5 Petrol DCT X-Line and because it is the top of the line model, they say I will surely get my delivery at the earliest, as soon as the official deliveries begin. Quite happy news to hear from the KEC!.

Moreover, on the K-Code thing, the showrooms can override the same and get their bookings in first, which they will allot to the ones who pre-booked before the official launch on July 14, it is one of the worst-kept secrets in the market.

The ones who indeed book with the K-code will get their cars fairly quickly on the basis of allocation from Kia's side and the dealership can't do much about it.

As regards demand and waiting periods, they will likely be through the roof, as the dealerships are reporting hundreds of unofficial pre-bookings, now considering the official bookings start on July 14, the waiting will only get longer.

Going by the current scenario, Kia will most likely announce a hefty number of bookings on the date of the price reveal and a huge waiting period to go with that too.

So, for anyone looking to get their new Kia Seltos within the next couple of months, you better act fast, K-Code or dealership booking as booking one after the test drive and checking out all the colors and variants will likely leave you waiting for at least 6 months.

Now on the issue of test drives and display cars, all major dealerships have received them this week itself, here in our state, some are even on display, and some have deferred the display to July 14 (even though they have received the car) when the official bookings commence, and for those who are worried about test drives, before launch, the test drives will be provided on priority to those who have booked and are awaiting delivery in the first lot of batches followed by the general public.

Considering RTO and registration formalities can only be completed once the prices are announced, test drives will commence only after that.

So, if you are in a hurry act fast, and you may just be able to get your brand new car home within a week of launch itself.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 20:04   #269
BANNED

Unofficial bookings being taken by the dealerships,the amount is 25k.Have to furnish KYC documents.This will ensure that you get early delivery.
Old 8th July 2023, 22:27   #270
Senior - BHPian

Booked unofficially for a friend at 25K, been ensured of placing it in the system as booking opens up. Ensured of early delivery. Model of choice is X Line Diesel AT in White DT.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks