Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2023, 10:23   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Essentially facelift Seltos has six main updates for certain trims (besides other cosmetic exterior and interior changes) - six airbags, panoramic sunroof, a replaced petrol turbo engine, ADAS and a new instrument cluster. Given these, my sense is that prices for Tech Line will be up not more than Rs 50,000 while for GT and X Lines prices may go up by Rs 1.50 lakhs (they have saved some money by riding them on JK tyres).
Few more extra bits-

Rain sensing wipers
8 inch HUD (not sure but I guess earlier one was smaller)
Auto up down for all 4 windows
Illuminated window switches
One more type C port in front and back
Configurable air purifier settings from rear panel
Electric parking brake with Auto hold

I feel there is bound to be a 1L price increase. If they manage to undercut, it would be better for all.
07CR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:02   #227
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Abhiraam View Post
However to me it seems like there is not a lot of difference between seltos HTX IVT and Elevate ZX CVT except the ADAS, Tilt and Telescopic steering wheel and 60:40 Split seats (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
Elevate ZX would also give you eight speakers, leatherette upholstery, soft-touch dashboard and auto dimming interior day/night mirror.

So if someone is particular about MT or CVT, I don't see any reason why they should prefer Seltos over Elevate, unless they hate Honda as a brand or the looks of Elevate.
venus1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:28   #228
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Can we all please focus on this launch here as it’s derailing the discussion on feature and variant distribution. I don’t think it’s news to anyone on this forum that the shell scored a 3 star.
Agreed.

Mod Note: Please focus on the facelift and its updates. There are several other threads to discuss the Seltos' 3-star GNCAP rating. Any further posts on the same will be deleted.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 12:45   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus1975 View Post
I don't see any reason why they should prefer Seltos over Elevate, unless they hate Honda as a brand or the looks of Elevate.
I think the Panoramic roof is a big feature in the Indian market. Once I sat inside a Creta, I really loved the airy feel it brings inside the cabin. I don't know why Elevate won't add that roof to a car they are launching in the middle of 2023. Almost every new car in the segment is having that and it will impact the sales too. Otherwise, Elevate looks great, seems spacious and is a great choice for CVT.

Seltos always provided multiple options and variants. I think they have around 18 variants or so? Last time also Seltos never provided the manual and Kia is focusing solely on IMT.

Nevertheless, this is where Creta will do well and introduce manual in the top SXO variant too.

Here is my prediction:

Seltos is going to rule the cSUV charts now. Till now Creta was leading cause the Seltos facelift was around the corner. Now that Seltos is out, this should impact Creta sales and make it easier for Hyundai to launch the facelift as planned.

Once the new Creta comes out, it should again regain the number 1 spot unless some other ground breaking SUV is launched.

Those who can wait till next year can wait for Creta.

I myself have booked the Creta SXO but can't wait to try the new Seltos before deciding haha
sumeetchawla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 13:25   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Abhiraam View Post
However to me it seems like there is not a lot of difference between seltos HTX IVT and Elevate ZX CVT except the ADAS, Tilt and Telescopic steering wheel and 60:40 Split seats (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
There's a lot more in the Seltos HTX IVT than the Elevate ZX, as can be seen below-

Highline TPMS with individual tyre pressure readout (Elevate gets a tyre deflation warning system which does not point to which tyre is losing pressure)
Front Parking sensor
3 point seat belt for all rear passengers
sequential turn indicators
Pano sunroof
ambient lighting
LED interior lamps
illuminated window buttons
all 4 windows auto up down
DRVM
Rear door sunshades
reclining rear seats
3 adjustable rear headrest (Honda gets only 2 headrests at rear)
Dual Zone Climate control
Drive modes
Traction modes
better touchscreen (10.25 inch too)
Air Purifier

This Page gives good details regarding feature distribution in the Seltos and isn't that confusing.

Elevate ZX CVT gets the following over HTX IVT Seltos-

Camera based ADAS
Request sensor on front passenger door
8 speakers vs 6 on Seltos

Overall as can be seen, even Seltos HTX IVT is much better equipped than the Elevate ZX CVT.

Quote:
Elevate ZX would also give you eight speakers, leatherette upholstery, soft-touch dashboard and auto dimming interior day/night mirror.

So if someone is particular about MT or CVT, I don't see any reason why they should prefer Seltos over Elevate, unless they hate Honda as a brand or the looks of Elevate.
Seltos HTX IVT gets the leatherette upholstery, soft touch dashboard, auto dimming irvm.

Last edited by 07CR : 6th July 2023 at 13:28.
07CR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 14:23   #231
BHPian

Seems like Autobahn Kia in Mumbai is not going to get display cars until next week. Approximately 14th itself.

Deliveries, they're being coy as usual, and they expect first deliveries by the end of the month or even as late as 15th August.
Ad1tya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 15:37   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Agreed.

Mod Note: Please focus on the facelift and its updates. There are several other threads to discuss the Seltos' 3-star GNCAP rating. Any further posts on the same will be deleted.
Agree.
Could you please give us a link where we can discuss the safety issues for Seltos
Old 6th July 2023, 15:57   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmountain View Post
Agree.
Could you please give us a link where we can discuss the safety issues for Seltos
Here you go (Global NCAP tests Kia Seltos, i10 Nios and S-Presso. All three perform badly)
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 16:13   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

This Page gives good details regarding feature distribution in the Seltos and isn't that confusing.
Thank you for the detailed comparison and the link is easier to read than the brochure.
Another missing feature I can see in Seltos is the absence of a wireless android auto/apple carplay and smartphone wireless charger in the HTX variant.
It is surprising that Kia still has not found a way to provide wireless android auto/apple carplay with their 10.25" HD infotainment system. It is only available with the 8" system available in the lower variants - HTE, HTK and HTK+.
Old 6th July 2023, 17:18   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is surprising that Kia still has not found a way to provide wireless android auto/apple carplay with their 10.25" HD infotainment system. It is only available with the 8" system available in the lower variants - HTE, HTK and HTK+.
It is not confined to Kia alone. AFAIK, globally the 10.25" screen is not compatible (yet) with the wireless AA/Carplay. So we are left with this weird situation that lower variant can provide wireless connection but not wireless charging and vice versa for higher variants. True wireless is still a dream for many, in spite of paying for top variants

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 6th July 2023 at 17:19.
Old 6th July 2023, 17:31   #236
BHPian

The earlier GTX+ version came with 215/60 R17 tyres and coupled with a hard suspension had a rather poor ride quality. Now the intelligent folk at Kia have come up with R18 tyres with an even lower profile of 55. Some decisions by car makers are really bewildering
thesilentone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 17:49   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It is not confined to Kia alone. AFAIK, globally the 10.25" screen is not compatible (yet) with the wireless AA/Carplay.
I think this is more specific to the system used by Hyundai and Kia, because Honda Elevate does provide an all round wireless experience. You get both a
26.03 cm (10.25”) HD Touchscreen Display Audio with Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, and a Wireless Smartphone Charger.
Old 6th July 2023, 20:32   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Seems like Autobahn Kia in Mumbai is not going to get display cars until next week. Approximately 14th itself.

Deliveries, they're being coy as usual, and they expect first deliveries by the end of the month or even as late as 15th August.
Had a chat with a SA in Autobahn Kia, Prabhadevi. The vehicle is expected to be on display from 10th onwards.
Old 6th July 2023, 20:47   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
The earlier GTX+ version came with 215/60 R17 tyres and coupled with a hard suspension had a rather poor ride quality. Now the intelligent folk at Kia have come up with R18 tyres with an even lower profile of 55. Some decisions by car makers are really bewildering
I have been reading that since 2022 onwards Seltos has a better suspension and a smoother ride quality.

I am assuming a lower profile of 55 on R18 tyres will make the ride quality wrose? :( I have to read up on this as I don't have much knowledge about tyre profiles.
Old 6th July 2023, 20:55   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malyaj View Post
I think there is too much of repetitive gripe about the safety aspect of Seltos.

(Disclaimer: I am a Seltos owner myself)

Let me tell you about what went through my mind when I zeroed down on the Seltos after having driven many other contenders.
Well said. As much as we think a lot of these things are subjective, human brains are excellent in parametrizing everything. From snob value to safety, i think it eventually comes down to individual's threshold on each parameter. A lot has been said about the safety of cars from VW stable, we all love this. Everyone 'wants' to own a VW car, but then the ownership experience (albeit improved in the last half decade) leaves a lot to be desired. For me, I will never switch from Hyundai (last two cars have been a 13 yr old Santro followed by a 09 year old Elantra) because it checks most of the boxes for my family.

- Service and Spares - XXX
- Reliability - XXX (TC AT is a work horse and is pretty linear)
- Cost of maintenance - XXX (there has been steady increase -but nothing outlandish)
- Features - XXX
- Performance - XXX (1.6 CRDI diesel if a gem of an engine - world class. Period.)
- Driving comfort (for typical city or occasional family travel) - XXX (Elantra doesnt drive like a boat like a 2 gen previous verna used to)
- Safety (recent launches)- XX (can live with safe driving, than living to tell a tale)

My next car most likely is another Hyundai. . The brand offers terrific value proposition for a family of four.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th July 2023 at 21:25. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Fixing some typos & minor formatting.
bhaskaracs is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks