Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2023, 19:25   #211
BHPian

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Checked out the new seltos today in Chennai.. Looks absolute badass. Here are my observations:

1) The Panoramic sunroof makes the cabin feel airy, and is a very welcome addition.

2) The new dashboard is definitely a up for the segment leader Astor's cabin, and is a
heavy competitor.

3) Doors still don't feel heavy and sheet metal still feels from a segment below.

4) Dual zone A/C is a segment-first feature and is an awesome addition!

5) Colors are simply wow, and IMHO the 'Pewter Olive' looked beastly!

6) Seems to be an error in the particular vehicle, but there was no rear shade curtain!
Confirmed with SA, and he said it was a defect, and they will be replacing that car.

7) Seat material is definitely better from the previous generation, but friend told it is
similar (he owns a seltos)

8) Crystal cut alloys and tyres have a very low profile, will get damaged easily.

9) The under thigh support of the front seats have improved significantly.

Will I recommend the new Seltos to a friend? Absolutely yes!
Will I buy it? Does not make sense, as I already have the Astor!
mgastor2022grey is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:34   #212
BANNED

re: 2023 Kia Seltos Facelift, bookings now open. EDIT: Kia Launched at Rs. 10.90 lakh

Without complicated electronics is the base variant HTE IMT Diesel value for money, considering the fact that safety protocol being standard across the variants?
Timeline 1967 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 20:15   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Maybe in the NCAP tests. But there are many other factors that determine safety, but I guess some of them are not covered in NCAP.

Have seen numerous instances of Nexon's toppling over (despite having CSC), have not even read about one instance of Seltos/Sonet toppling.

Then there's accident preventive factors like TPMS, better braking abilities, ADAS (Yes, it can act as a lifesaver in India too), Blindspot monitors, Rear Cross Traffic alerts, etc. All these are not accounted by GNCAP for determining safety. Heck even a simple auto dimming mirror is a massive safety feature, but not sure if there is a way to measure it in NCAP rating parameters.

To conclude, every individual is free to decide if there are certain safety features that are more important to them, or rather even if there are certain other parameters that are more important than just getting a 5 * rated car. Let them be.
Well, you can add the driver to the list of factors too Yes. every factor leads to avoiding an accident. But in case it happens car structure helps.
PreludeSH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 21:34   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
Checked out the new seltos today in Chennai..
Is the car already in showrooms?
Old 5th July 2023, 22:30   #215
BHPian

Essentially facelift Seltos has six main updates for certain trims (besides other cosmetic exterior and interior changes) - six airbags, panoramic sunroof, a replaced petrol turbo engine, ADAS and a new instrument cluster. Given these, my sense is that prices for Tech Line will be up not more than Rs 50,000 while for GT and X Lines prices may go up by Rs 1.50 lakhs (they have saved some money by riding them on JK tyres).
SeniorC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 22:52   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorC View Post
Essentially facelift Seltos has six main updates for certain trims (besides other cosmetic exterior and interior changes) - six airbags, panoramic sunroof, a replaced petrol turbo engine, ADAS and a new instrument cluster. Given these, my sense is that prices for Tech Line will be up not more than Rs 50,000 while for GT and X Lines prices may go up by Rs 1.50 lakhs
6 airbags were already standard across the range. The new 1.5 GDi petrol engine is actually cheaper than the outgoing 1.4 Turbo as it’s made in India and not imported like the 1.4 GDi. The new screen in the IC will barely cost a few thousands extra. What also may add to the cost may be things like the EPB and dual climate control modules. All in all, I expect all this to bump the price around 70k to 1 lakh on the GT and X lines.
automowheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 23:32   #217

As a Jeep Compass owner, I am fascinated by dedicated hard buttons for ventilated seats and 360 degree camera.
roadtriplover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 06:16   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad1tya View Post
Is the car already in showrooms?
Yes, KUN Kia Chennai has just received the car in 2 shades - Pewter Olive and Matte Black. Not sure if any other dealerships have got those. But the showroom in Perungudi is extremely crowded for the launch, beware of stepping in during evenings.
mgastor2022grey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 07:18   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Well, you can add the driver to the list of factors too Yes. every factor leads to avoiding an accident. But in case it happens car structure helps.
Indeed the idiot behind steering wheel is most important. All I am saying is there are many factors to determine if a car is safe and strong body shell is just one of them. Unfortunately for Ncap there are not any means to determine the other parameters of safety then just crash worthiness.

For me, I would rather be happy with more crash preventive features then be in a car with strong body shell and no/less accident preventive features.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 07:51   #220
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
As per brochure, there are no manual transmission variants for diesel and turbo petrol engines. They both get only 6iMT and 7DCT/6AT transmissions.

Attachment 2471525

Manual Transmission is only available for 1.5NA engine .
I was shocked when I saw that too, but I think it’s smart cost-cutting. With lesser engine-transmission options, they’ve also targeted the urban self-drive market which may prefer a clutch-less experience given our traffic conditions.

Sad to see as an enthusiast, though.
Old 6th July 2023, 08:30   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtriplover View Post
As a Jeep Compass owner, I am fascinated by dedicated hard buttons for ventilated seats and 360 degree camera.
Compass is a really good and safe vehicle except for the lackluster sales and after sales from Jeep India . Does Compass lack ventilated seats and 360 degree camera in 2023 ?
Old 6th July 2023, 08:48   #222
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, one of my college junior called me to seek recommendations for her Figo replacement. Her budget is upto 20 lacs and is interested in the Taigun. She is a non auto enthusiast but I was surprised by her sense of products.

I recommended her to check HyRyder and Seltos as well. Her immediate reaction was that Seltos is not a safe car. Nevertheless, Seltos is not unsafe in my opinion and I again asked her to check it out.

ADAS and Dual zone AC are the best new additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
As per brochure, there are no manual transmission variants for diesel and turbo petrol engines. They both get only 6iMT and 7DCT/6AT transmissions.
Manual Transmission is only available for 1.5NA engine .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Sad to see as an enthusiast, though.
I am frequently driving my colleague’s Sonet T-GDi HTK+ iMT since some time. The response in first two gears is terrible (I have driven MTs all my life). Rest of the gears are fine (enthusiast friendly) and infact it is super convenient to drive iMT in urban traffic.
PaddleShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 09:08   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Yes, the NA IVT buyer seems to be losing out on
  • UV Cut glass,
  • Rear window Sunshades,
  • Ventilated seats,
  • 8 way power adjustable seats,
  • Rear Adjustable headrest,
  • Adjustable rear seats,
  • Ambient Lighting,
  • Tilt & Telescopic Steering Wheel,
  • All Door Power Window Auto Up/Down with Safety,
  • 60:40 Seat Back Split Fold with Rear Reclining Seats
and maybe more than above.
If there is no HTX + in the NA IVT, I don't find any value in this vehicle for me. Back to Elevate
This is something that resonates at our home too. Having already put down a booking for honda elevate, we were excited to see the launch of the new seltos (Because of a longer features list). However the Lack of CVT in the HTX+ has got us wondering if we should be considering the Seltos.

However to me it seems like there is not a lot of difference between seltos HTX IVT and Elevate ZX CVT except the ADAS, Tilt and Telescopic steering wheel and 60:40 Split seats (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
A_Abhiraam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 09:52   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgastor2022grey View Post
Yes, KUN Kia Chennai has just received the car in 2 shades - Pewter Olive and Matte Black. Not sure if any other dealerships have got those. But the showroom in Perungudi is extremely crowded for the launch, beware of stepping in during evenings.
Thanks, I'll check why sales advisor hasn't told me that the car is available to check out.
Old 6th July 2023, 10:01   #225
BHPian

In my opinion, the Creta 2024 facelift will be a more well-rounded package with the Manual Diesel, IVT Petrol, and the new 1.5 DCT Petrol receiving the top of the line SX(O) Trim and the Petrol manual receiving at least up to the SX variant, with the base E, EX and S variants limited to the manuals (both Petrol and Diesel), with the automatic variant beginning from the S Plus variants going all the way to the SX(O), so the Creta will provide more options for the Manual and IVT buyers.

Moreover, with the facelift expected by February 2024, the Creta will have some minor additions over the Seltos as regards a few features and a few omissions from the Seltos to differentiate them better, but overall the Creta would provide a better overall package, just like how the Creta 2020, was over the Seltos 2019.

So, if anyone is disappointed with the variant spread of the current Seltos, and is willing to wait till 2024, I am pretty sure the Creta won't leave you disappointed.

As regards the Seltos facelift, I think it has improved on an already successful product with the latest feature additions and a new look, both in the interior and exterior. It will surely help boost the sales of Kia over the competition, and may even go head to head with Creta up until the launch of the Creta facelift.
bijims is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks