Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 15:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia 1.5L now offered in Ambition trim

Skoda has launched two new variants of the Kushaq and Slavia. Both cars are now available in 1.5L Ambition trims.

Skoda Kushaq & Slavia 1.5L now offered in Ambition trim-kushaq-slavia_ambition-1.5.jpg

Earlier, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine was only available in the Style and Monte Carlo variants of the Kushaq and Style trim on the Slavia. The introduction of the Ambition variant will make the 1.5-litre TSI engine more accessible to customers.

Skoda’s 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbo-petrol engine develops 148 BHP and 250 Nm. It also features Active Cylinder Technology, which deactivates two cylinders while cruising in order to improve fuel efficiency. The engine complies with RDE norms and is compatible with E20 blended fuel. The upgrades are said to have resulted in a 7% increase in fuel efficiency.

Skoda is also offering the Slavia and Kushaq 1.5 Ambition in dual-tone colour schemes. The Slavia comes in Crystal Blue with a black roof and Carbon Steel with a silver roof, while the Kushaq is offered in Honey Orange with a black roof and Carbon Steel with a silver roof.

Skoda Kushaq 1.5L Ambition ex-showroom prices:

• MT – Rs 14,99,000
  • AT – Rs 16,79,000
  • AT Dual Tone – Rs 16,84,000

Skoda Slavia 1.5L Ambition ex-showroom prices:

• MT – Rs 14,94,000
  • AT – Rs 16,24,000
  • AT Dual Tone – Rs 16,29,000

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th March 2023 at 15:19.
TusharK is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 15:43   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq & Slavia 1.5L now offered in Ambition trim

Finally better sense prevails. Excellent decision!

It took Skoda 2 years to realize and correct their silly mistake. Wonder how much more time it is going to take for VW for the same course correction.

My colleague took delivery of his 1.0L Ambition 10 days back and the only reason he could not go for 1.5L was the lack of an Ambition variant as Style was way ahead of his budget. He is surely going to be upset.
RaghuVis is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

That fits in nicely with the Hyundai Verna Turbo prices.

Good decision by Skoda.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:25   #4
BHPian

The biggest testimony to the amazing pricing of 1.5L Turbo by Hyundai, specially Sx Manual. It's damn sweet a deal for enthusiasts at 14.84L. Somewhere in our hearts we knew VW would respond by getting the 1.5L in a manual and in a lower trim; but it would be this fast, that at least I hadn't thought. Excellent move. This Verna-VWTwins rivalry is going to be interesting to watch; gives me feel of an upcoming Nadal-Djokovic grand slam final actually

At the end, customer is the ultimate beneficiary!
Pjango is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjango View Post
The biggest testimony to the amazing pricing of 1.5L Turbo by Hyundai, specially Sx Manual. It's damn sweet a deal for enthusiasts at 14.84L. Somewhere in our hearts we knew VW would respond by getting the 1.5L in a manual and in a lower trim; but it would be this fast, that at least I hadn't thought. Excellent move. This Verna-VWTwins rivalry is going to be interesting to watch; gives me feel of an upcoming Nadal-Djokovic grand slam final actually

At the end, customer is the ultimate beneficiary!
Spot on! Skoda have played their trump card. Now waiting for VW to open theirs.
yatesh.92 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 17:42   #6
BHPian

This could have been done earlier, but, as they say, it's never too late to join the party, and probably VW's going to join soon. Hyundai/Kia will undoubtedly feel the heat. It's good to see that Skoda is finally showing the zeal to be a competitor in the Indian market.
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 18:29   #7
BHPian

Wow ! Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG ambition and Kushaq 1.5 DSG ambition are VFM in every state except BLR. The on road price of these variants including all the packages and accessories will go up to 21 lakhs on road in BLR. For FYI, the 1.0 style AT of Slavia with an ex showroom price on 15.5 lakhs goes up to 20 lakhs plus in BLR. So the ambition variant in the 1.5 avatar especially in DSG does not make any sense in BLR as the on road price of the top variant style AT 1.5 DSG of slavia is 22 lakhs inclusive of packages etc. BLR's taxation on cars ruins everything. Otherwise, the newly launched variants are extremely VFM. My only gripe is that they could have provided 6 airbags in the ambition 1.5 variant of both the cars.
Old 28th March 2023, 18:47   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Not sure what took them this long to do this. Doing this would surely increase economies of scale to democratize the 1.5 engine. Reportedly, the 4 cylinder 1.5 engine even has a better FE number than the 1.0. I surely would've picked this up in its 1.5 DSG guise (with MAX warranty) if it would've been out when I was searching for one. Being forced to pay 21L-22L on-road for the style variant just to be able to have that engine was an utterly senseless decision on their part. But then again, those days were marred with supply-chain/covid excuses, so maybe that's why they didn't who knows.
Zinger_Winger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:13   #9
BHPian

Re: My Skoda Slavia 1.5 DSG | The Blue Tiger | Ownership Review

Skoda Kushaq, Slavia 1.5 TSI now available with Ambition trim: Priced from Rs 14.94 lakh.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/99063055.cms
Old 29th March 2023, 07:51   #10
BHPian

Besides, you can avoid the Sunroof and still have the performant engine at a lower budget!

Last edited by dsmatharu : 29th March 2023 at 07:52.
dsmatharu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 08:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

While 1.0L engine is not bad at all, the highlight of the Slavia and Kushaq is the 1.5L TSI engine.

The additional refinement, torque and performance makes them effortless to drive and totally worth the premium over the 1.0L.

With the 1.0L it's difficult to find a USP as interiors are average and size is compact vs the Koreans. But the 1.5L totally transforms the experience and you look beyond interior plastics thanks to the superior drive quality.

A friend recently picked up a Style 1.5L TSI DSG and this was the first time for me driving the 1.5L. After the 1.0L the difference is night and day and I'm glad I was able to convince him for the 1.5L.

Had the 1.0L been significantly cheaper then it would be a different story.

By getting the 1.5L in lower trim, the buyer now needs to decide between features available on the 1.0L Style or the engine in the 1.5L ambition at same price.

For me it will be engine every day and twice on sunday.
Vid6639 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 12:11   #12
BHPian

I wish Skoda/VW offers the 1.5 variants with a lower & stiffer suspension, bigger wheels and all 4 disc breaks, even if it drives up the price by another 50 to 75k.
Old 29th March 2023, 13:07   #13
BHPian

Great move by Skoda. The 1.5 TSI with MT/DSG is a killer combo at the respective price points being offered in the ambition variant. As mentioned in my ownership review, I for one would have surely gone for it if it was available 2 months back. Some offers like free extended warranty or SMP trickling down during the festive season will make it an even more mouth watering buy.

Bringing back the 10.1" screen in the style & ambition trims (this will bring back wireless AA & carplay), adding diamond cut alloys with a different design for the ambition trim, provide 17" wheels for the Style variant, activate/enable some of the hidden features in the style & ambition trims (whichever are legal & for which we need to pay now anywhere between 5-7k in the after market). If they provide all these at no additional cost or with a max additional price of 20-25k, that would sweeten the buy even more.
Old 29th March 2023, 14:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Skoda has launched two new variants of the Kushaq and Slavia. Both cars are now available in 1.5L Ambition trims.

Attachment 2434218

Earlier, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine was only available in the Style and Monte Carlo variants of the Kushaq and Style trim on the Slavia. The introduction of the Ambition variant will make the 1.5-litre TSI engine more accessible to customers.

Skoda’s 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder turbo-petrol engine develops 148 BHP and 250 Nm. It also features Active Cylinder Technology, which deactivates two cylinders while cruising in order to improve fuel efficiency. The engine complies with RDE norms and is compatible with E20 blended fuel. The upgrades are said to have resulted in a 7% increase in fuel efficiency.

Skoda is also offering the Slavia and Kushaq 1.5 Ambition in dual-tone colour schemes. The Slavia comes in Crystal Blue with a black roof and Carbon Steel with a silver roof, while the Kushaq is offered in Honey Orange with a black roof and Carbon Steel with a silver roof.

Skoda Kushaq 1.5L Ambition ex-showroom prices:

• MT – Rs 14,99,000
  • AT – Rs 16,79,000
  • AT Dual Tone – Rs 16,84,000

Skoda Slavia 1.5L Ambition ex-showroom prices:

• MT – Rs 14,94,000
  • AT – Rs 16,24,000
  • AT Dual Tone – Rs 16,29,000

Link to Team-BHP News
Is the MT to AT difference really 1.8 L in Kushaq but only 1.3 L in Slavia. Seems odd.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 15:57   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I wish Skoda/VW offers the 1.5 variants with a lower & stiffer suspension, bigger wheels and all 4 disc breaks, even if it drives up the price by another 50 to 75k.
The 1.5 already gets bigger discs at front and they shed speed within no time. And at low speeds, the bite is more than an average driver can handle. Hence the brakes are not something that need an upgrade. But bigger wheels are definitely good to have.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks