Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 02:07   #1
BHPian

Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi

Linea Emotion to BMW X3 from Delhi

The trigger for buying a car started since my white Linea 2009 Model was aging and my family asked why not upgrade, sell Fiat Linea and buy a new car.
Although later family decided to retain Fiat Linea also and by one more car

My search for cars started and I listed down to cars with a budget of 30 Lacs
Initially I test drove the following cars/suv - since I was not sure whether to go for car or suv
1. Tata Harrier
2. Jeep Compass
3. Skoda Octavia

Tata Harrier
A nice Cross over at the price it's coming out for - I am sorry for mentioning it as cross over as I am an old school and have driven the actual safari and the way it used to handle,
Positives:
Spacious and well-designed interiors with premium features such as touch screen infotainment,
panoramic sunroof and good upholstery.
same engine as that of Jeep Compass - 2.0-liter diesel engine with excellent fuel efficiency.
Good safety features such as six airbags, ABS with EBD, and electronic stability control.
Negatives:
The Car lacks a proper 4WD system.
The Seating position was quite uncomfortable as it was quite high.
Limited rear visibility due to the sloping roofline and small rear window.
Tata niggles as usual - yes that have improved a lot - but service centre's all same

Jeep Compass
Positives:
The Jeep Compass offers excellent off-road capability, thanks to its high ground clearance, four-wheel-drive system.
Spacious cabin and well-designed cabin that can accommodate up to five passengers and their luggage.
Good Audio infotainment: Touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Negatives:
Good engine and nice torque,jeep should have worked for a better gear box,
The interior materials feel cheap and low-quality in some areas.

Skoda Octavia
The Skoda Octavia is car that I like alot and a car with practicality, comfort, and affordability.
Positives:
The Octavia was really a comfortable ride, thanks to its suspension system that absorbs bumps and rough roads with ease.
Engine was really have lot of power,really liked the pickup and the features.
Negatives:
The Octavia is not designed for off-road driving and may struggle in rough terrain or challenging weather conditions.
It has a mix of reputation for reliability in the past,therefore thought to explore other options although I personally liked the car.

Since I am already owning a Linea, I thought this time either buy an SUV or atleast a crossover.

Then one of my friend advised why not to in for a pre-owned Luxury Car,

I went to the Audi and BMW Showroom and saw

1. Audi Q5
2. BMW X1
3. BMW X3
4. AUDI Q3

I had liked BMW X3 the most out of the list,

Prime reasons were the looks,build quality and the way it ride,

Now the bigger question how to I get a good pre-owned luxury car as we all know they are like White Elephant and if you come across a lemon - it would surely have lot of troubles to maintain and above all family would have really not liked since they wanted a new car,

Then I thought why not get a car from delhi since we all know the recent NGT rule and cars in delhi are cheaper even after paying re-registration fees the business case is worth it.

Now the bigger question of buying a pre-owned car and that too with a piece of mind was something that needs an answer,

My family cars have been visiting world of service Noida and they have provided excellent services always,

Decided to call them for help - to my surprise they mentioned that they are coming up with a pre-owned car purchase business for which that division shall play role of Consultant and would ensure buyer gets a piece of mind since they would use expertise of world of service to check car,

I was quite happy listening to same and was given details of BestBuy Auto

I had a detailed discussion on my requirement with their representative - Ms. Reet and she took the requirements and told me that they would return,

Mentioning their details for reference,
BestBuy Auto
Mobile : 8595079530

Post three weeks or so I received a call from them saying they have listed down 3 cars

All of them 1st Owner and kms 88 k ,66 k and 47 k respectively,

I asked them to check those cars with detailed inspection and would be happy to pay them the required fees,

They inspected all the cars and I was provided a detailed checklist about each car with list of things/expense to be done post purchase or basically an amount which either I negotiate directly with seller or be prepared myself,

Based on inspection and expense list - I decided to negotiate with the seller of second car and got the papers checked,

Showcasing the first pictures of car,
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-arrival-day2.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-arrival-day3.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-arrival-day5.jpg

Yes it did had small dents and scratch which I decided to get them painted apart from work like service and transmission oil change and other small recommendations that Bestbuy auto did,

Buying experience

The car was bought after payment of amount and papers were signed by seller - and i decided to get the noc from RTO - the complete process was flawless and it took 1 day for Best buy auto person's to get noc - yes only a single day,I know its not right to expect NOC in one day – but in my case it happened.

They handled it well,

Car was bought to my relative's home and then decided to go as per recommendations of Best buy auto,

Now comes the point of getting car work done - then my choice was quite simple that we should go ahead with world of service - although my relative went ahead and got it checked with Authorised BMW also and also outside with another known mechanical big shop,the price quoted by BMW was really very high and the one from other shop was more than world of service,

Since family cars were going to world of service for excellent work done and we decided to send car to World of Service for repairs,

They performed the work with respect to agreed list -

1. Mechanical - Service,Automatic Transmission oil change
2. Paint work

Sharing work in progress pictures and final pictures would do the justice,
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-6.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-7.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-8.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-10.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-11.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-14.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-15.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-16.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-17.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-18.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-20.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-21.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip-22.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-wip.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-ready-delivery-2.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-ready-delivery-3.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-ready-delivery.jpg
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-finished-product.jpg

Overall a very happy experience,

Post the work - we decided to get the car back to home.

Few transport quotation were taken by myself and few by Best Buy Auto people - yes their role was not over with only sale,

They provided my a warranty on car for next 1 year at a very reasonable cost - this was post the inspection of car by a 3rd party team - they have a tie up for warranty with a 3rd party on pan India basis,

Now the car was transported to Hyderabad on a truck

Sharing some pictures of car getting loaded on truck,

Then I took the delivery of car and drove home

Overall very happy experiences both with best buy auto and World of Service Noida as well,

Shall be sharing my experience on BMW X3 as its been a while since car is here and have done some good number of outstation trips and have been happy with decision of BMW X3,

But yes from Fiat Linea to BMW X3 it's really a dream come true.

Would be needing your opinion of the options and cost that is to be kept in mind if i want to upgrade my audio system
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-loading-transportation.jpg  

Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi-transportation-gurgoan-hyderabad-2.jpg  

Last edited by anubhav22 : 28th March 2023 at 02:10.
anubhav22 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 14:13   #2
SGK
BHPian

Re: Bought a pre-owned BMW X3 from Delhi

Congratulations on your purchase. I have been thinking about this recently to buy decent German from Delhi( Have seen some very VFM deals in Insta/FB). If you are okay, can you share the cost details ( car cost, re-registration, Transport, etc..).
SGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 09:02   #3
BHPian

Thanks @SGK.

Re-registration process is underway, TG tax is 9% of original ex-showroom cost (for 9-10 year old vehicle). More details here:
https://www.transport.telangana.gov....-time-tax.html
Check for your state.

I would put a word of caution for FB/insta listings from unknown dealer/entities. Check on youtube and you will know some horror stories on how these vehicles have sucked money from new owners or have almost died in weeks. Best Buy Auto and World Of Service solved this for me.

Transportation costed around 20K (though had quotes till 35K+GST too) and the biggest challenge was to find someone who will actually get it in truck (and not fill it with stuff of third party and drive it down).

Good luck!
anubhav22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 18:12   #4

Congrats Anubhav. Last year, I had gone through a similar upgrade; ErtigaZDi to BMWX3. I took a much simpler route of shopping from a local Hyderabad dealer. I have been considering posting my story, but my work and personal commitments are keeping me busy. In fact, this is my first ever post in TBHP. Since this is my first purchase in this segment and I am happy to find some one in the same car (boat)
facelyft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 22:28   #5
BHPian

Congratulations, your X3 looks good. Are you planning to get the number updated to TS? If yes, then please share the detailed RTA process. It will be helpful to others.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 11:36   #6

Congrats Anubhav on your upgrade. Yes. It is challenging to search for a upgrade at a reasonable cost. After 8 yrs of owning one i too went the used route and got a Tata Hexa XTA. I was specific about a 7 seater. So did not check 5 seater options and i am retaining the linea as it is in immaculate condition, although usage has reduced.

Your X3 looks good and new. Enjoy many more miles in this and write up a ownership thread with your driving experiences.

- CM
King CMR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 23:15   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Congratulations, your X3 looks good. Are you planning to get the number updated to TS? If yes, then please share the detailed RTA process. It will be helpful to others.

I had experimented getting TS number on my 2-wheeler before buying this car. It is one of the longest process compared to other states I had past experience with UP, HR, DL and KA. Total process took around 4 months:
Step 1: Get NOC from parent state.
Step 2: Get address change done in TS (road tax is calculated based on original invoice and collected in this step itself). This is longest and most cumbersome process. All major hurdles have to be crossed in this step and took ~2 months.
Step 3: You get new RC with new address but same old registration number
Step 4: Apply of TS number (re-registration) and get another new RC with TS number. took 1 month
Step 5: Apply for renewal of registration (if vehicle is within 2 months of 15 year RC validity). Again get a new RC with registration validity increased to 20 years (from previous 15). Took ~3 weeks

First 2 RCs were collected by hand as they were never sent (though status shows dispatched). Third RC after validity increase did come by post.

Some links:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/67635657.cms

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...s-2490369.html
anubhav22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 23:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by facelyft View Post
Congrats Anubhav. Last year, I had gone through a similar upgrade; ErtigaZDi to BMWX3. I took a much simpler route of shopping from a local Hyderabad dealer. I
Thanks!
I spent almost a year searching in Hyd but either the available vehicles were not in good condition OR were too expensive for their worth.

Prior RTO experience with 2-wheeler also gave confidence that it is doable though will require some time and patience. Now I know couple of good agents at RTO and one shopkeeper assumed I am one myself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks