Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2023, 20:50   #31
BHPian

Re: Poor advice from sales team at EVM BMW, Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
This isn't Dealer's job to look over my finances, his job is to inform the buyer of all the options available and let the buyer decide. When he is paying more than 50L for an entry level sedan, it's his headache whether he wants to 56L+ XXL amount for the service pack or if he wants to pay out of the pocket at each service.

I don't know why would anyone come with a plausible reason that it's ok to misinform a buyer or leave them in the dark, it isn't skittles he is selling.

Of course it is the dealer's first job to make sure thessales goes through. If she thinks adding 2.5L+ xx for extended warranty/package may harm the overall deal, she'll have no qualms at all in down playing the importance of buying right away.

I'm not justifying what the dealer did, just sharing examples of why they may do it for their own benefit.

Other point is a regular buyer/member cannot be faulted for not being as astute as senior/experienced members.

Their experience is valuable but there is some "ye to hota hi hai" etc IMHO in comments. Let us not deny the OP that as per his side of the story, the facts were misrepresented. There is no representation yet from BMW or dealer, at all.

Though OP has taken it all in his stride and replied in detail to all points, this is what will make the forum valuable.

Assuming dealer misrepresented facts, BMW is responsible in that they did not have enough control over channel partner/alternative methods to educate customer about the packages.

Also, dealer SAs may not be very high IQ but they sell cars everyday. They may not know all features of cars but they know how to sell.

Last edited by dsr001 : 11th March 2023 at 20:56.
dsr001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
As part of my initially negotiated price, I was offered a 3 year warranty. During the final negotiation I was offered an additional Rs. 50 K off which I could take as accessories or adjust in the final price. Instead I requested that they offer 4th Year Warranty which was Rs. 62540 instead of an additional discount. This they agreed to.
This is probably the reason why the sales team did not discuss the fine print of the 5th year extended warranty with you. Since 4 years was negotiated upon, it’s likely they did not want you try and negotiate for 5th year warranty too and maybe lose the sale in the process.

Anyway I think you should have declared in the opening post that the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty had been offered free of cost as a deal.
one-77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:36   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
This is probably the reason why the sales team did not discuss the fine print of the 5th year extended warranty with you. Since 4 years was negotiated upon, it’s likely they did not want you try and negotiate for 5th year warranty too and maybe lose the sale in the process.
Wrong. Looks like you have not read all my replies which is why you have stated this. Of course you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else on this forum.

Quote:
Anyway I think you should have declared in the opening post that the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty had been offered free of cost as a deal.
Again your opinion. I have mentioned in detail in the follow up posts as and when asked what was offered as a discount. FYI I had the option of taking just a standard warranty and everything else as a discount. I preferred to take an additional warranty than pay less.

As stated above, I have already taken a service pack at the current applicable cost and intend to take the 5th year warranty at the currently applicable price.

If I was looking for a cheap deal I would not be doing that.

I am more interested in peace of mind as I normally retain my cars for long.
Bailey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 22:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sorry to be blunt but you've got the last of the inline 6 diesel G30 5 Series. Forget all these mango class thoughts and enjoy it. Yes, BMW TCO is expensive in India and especially the M340i and the 530D.

I suggest you put together a delectable thread on your ownership instead. Life is too short to moan about EVM managers.

Fact is that BMW will get you one way or the other. If you really want to take their happiness, email BMW with the specific names. If you don't want to, refer my opening paragraph. Cheers!
I just want to make sure that no one else ends up in the same boat as me. Whilst I have not named anyone on the forum I have emailed BMW India with the names but they chose to wash their hands off the matter and referred it back to the dealership.

As far as my car goes am absolutely loving it. There are lots of amazing BMW ownership threads on the forum. I am neither as eloquent as @GTO, @nerdymillenial & @d3mon nor a master photographer like DR.AD. I don’t think that I can ever better these.

@GTO is possibly the only reason I own a 530D. If not for the 9 year ownership thread I would never be here at this point today.
Bailey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 07:10   #35
BHPian

Re: Insurance Queries - BMW Tie-up or Dealer Tie-Up. BMW Secure Yes or No

Insurance Queries - BMW Tie-up or Dealer Tie-Up. BMW Secure Yes or No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
So, be careful at the time of service, If in doubt, post an estimate here and someone will help.
Hi,

It’s coming to that time of the year when we need to renew the insurance on our 530D.

Tried posting this query first under Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance > Automobile Insurance Queries? Ask me - but got only one response which didn't really help to decide. That's when I thought should ask here for advice. If this is incorrect or inappropriate kindly delete this.

For the 1st year had taken the insurance from the dealership which was ICICI Lombard. As there was a complimentary BMW Secure being offered for the 1st year the ICICI policy add-on coverages only included Zero Dep, Consumables & RTI.

For the current renewal as there was a claim during the 1st year, have been given the following options from the dealership.

BMW Secure Renewal (policy attached) which does not include Engine Protect from year 2 – Rs. 41300. Was wondering whether we should consider renewing it for the RSA facility as most of our running so far has been on highways outside the state.

Insurance Options

A. BMW Tie Up – Cashless all over India.

1. ICICI Lombard with add ons of Zero Dep, Consumables, RTI & Engine Protect – Rs. 2,53,276.
2. Bajaj Allianz with add ons of Zero Dep, Consumables, RTI & Engine Protect – Rs. 1,92,626.

B. Dealership tie up – Cashless only at the Dealership. Salvage deduction of 5% on Metal Parts in case of claim

1. New India with add ons of Zero Dep, Consumables, RTI & Engine Protect – Rs. 1,69,618.
2. New India with above + addition of Tyres, RSA & Key Lost – Rs. 1,88,139.
3. Tata AIG with similar cover as S. No. 2 above – Rs. 3,63,039.
4. HDFC Ergo with the add ons of Zero Dep, Consumables, Engine Protection & NCB Protection, RTI - Rs. 1,15,887.

If we were to add on Tyre Secure it would go up to 1,26,776.

Point to note the IDV of Tata AIG is Rs. 6,30,000 higher than all the others.

We tried with our insurance agent who handles all our other insurance requirements business related and other vehicles as well but his quote was higher.

Would like some help to decide.

1. Should we go for the BMW Secure.
2. Should we go for the BMW Tie Up Insurance or the Dealership Tie Up.

If we were to choose it would be either Bajaj Allianz / HDFC. Unsure about whether BMW Secure is worth 41K just for RSA & Alloys. Key is covered by HDFC, Tyres can be covered by HDFC at an additional cost of 11K.

Advantages of Bajaj Allianz is that its a BMW Tie Up. Cashless facility available all over India.
Negative is that they don't offer NCB Protection & costs about 77 K more.

Advantages of HDFC Ergo other than that its 77K cheaper is that it offers NCB protection.
Disadvantages is that cashless facility is only available at the dealership in Kerala and that there is a mandatory salvage deduction of 5% on metal parts.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf POLICYWORDINGSSECURERENEWAL.pdf (1.13 MB, 76 views)

Last edited by Bailey : 19th August 2023 at 07:15. Reason: Heading
Old 19th August 2023, 07:54   #36
Team-BHP Support

Re: Insurance Queries - BMW Tie-up or Dealer Tie-Up. BMW Secure Yes or No

Quote:
Insurance Queries - BMW Tie-up or Dealer Tie-Up. BMW Secure Yes or No

B. Dealership tie up – Cashless only at the Dealership. Salvage deduction of 5% on Metal Parts in case of claim

1. New India with add ons of Zero Dep, Consumables, RTI & Engine Protect – Rs. 1,69,618.
We stick with New India. Not aware of the Salvage deduction as we never paid( New India). Better ask the agent who does your work to check with New India, I am sure he can do better since now you have prices from the dealer.

And don't bother about keys or alloys. You don't usually lose a key Also, New India should be cashless at most places, all dealers, plus major workshops.

I won't bother with anything else except RSA. For that, you can stick with BMW/ their nominated agent but do recheck; it should be covered for 2 or 3 Years.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th August 2023 at 07:57.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 08:17   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Unsure about whether BMW Secure is worth 41K just for RSA & Alloys. Key is covered by HDFC, Tyres can be covered by HDFC at an additional cost of 11K.
Quote:
And don't bother about keys or alloys. You don't usually lose a key
Agree!

I dropped BMW Secure as soon as the complimentary first year ended. I did have a rear tyre blowout in year 1 which was handled by BLR Deutsche Motors a little clumsily, resulting in me having to use that dratted space saver tyre for 3+ weeks. However, it was Unlock 2.0 so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Some challenges of BMW Secure:
UTD:
They place a high premium on the Unused Tyre Depth (UTD) of the damaged tyre. In my G20 330i case, the Run Flat Tyre (RFT) UTD was ~ 5 mm, which meant I had to co-pay more than what I was comfortable with.

Alloy:
The alloy replacement(s) will be considered only if the tyre is damaged at the exact same spot as well. Now we all know on Indian roads, there is every possibility to have a normal tubeless or RFT transferring a massive impact into the alloy (and damaging) it without any issue to the tyre. In such cases, BMW Secure will not even consider the alloy claim. Again, there is a depreciation chart depending upon the alloy age as well.

Availability of tyres from BMW:

I had to wait 3+ weeks for my tyre from BMW when I could have walked into any reputed tyre shop and bought the same, and claimed post-facto insurance.

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th August 2023 at 08:18.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2023, 13:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
We stick with New India. Not aware of the Salvage deduction as we never paid( New India). Better ask the agent who does your work to check with New India, I am sure he can do better since now you have prices from the dealer.
HDFC Ergo from the dealership is cheaper than New India.

My agent tried with HDFC Ergo & Future Generali (Future is who handles most of our stuff) but both rates were more expensive than the HDFC one what I got from the dealership.

Quote:
And don't bother about keys or alloys. You don't usually lose a key Also, New India should be cashless at most places, all dealers, plus major workshops.
As per the dealership the way the cashless facility works is that the vehicle is retained till such time that the payment is received. I have experience this at the Honda ASC which didn't have a cashless tie up with HDFC Ergo or Future. But the payment release was a matter of few hours or max a day. But then the amounts were also small.

BMW All India cashless facility is with ICICI Lombard and Bajaj Allianz.
The dealership has cashless with HDFC Ergo, TATA AIG & New India.

Quote:
I won't bother with anything else except RSA. For that, you can stick with BMW/ their nominated agent but do recheck; it should be covered for 2 or 3 Years.
BMW RSA is available only if you take BMW Secure. Thats what I was confused about whether I should take that or just add it to the insurance service. The fear of course is that the standards will then be of the insurer and not BMW
Bailey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks