Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 11:16   #76
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke_enthu27 View Post
Completely agree. I personally felt that I was downgrading design wise. I had a white pearl 17 and the front totally outclasses the facelift. Even the rear of the facelift feels a bit overdone while also feeling less sporty. The engine, reliability kept me from buying Virtus or Slavia. The new safety features are worth an upgrade from my 4th gen, but I still feel it is a bit overpriced. Especially with the German twins eating away a good portion of City's target market, I expected a better design and camera.

But I would still recommend the City over Virtus/Slavia, if you want to drive your parents or your wife. A couple years ago, I would have blindly gone for the Virtus.
Hello, as I mentioned earlier in various threads, positive perception is very important (atleast to me) in buying a car. Maruti, Honda & Hyundai created such high positive perception that people buy their products which are just about okay products. Japanese and Korean manufacturers put a strong perception that their vehicles are RELIABLE, Easy to Maintain & Fuel Efficient. German & Americans failed on these key parameters in India.

VW & Skoda are in India for some time now and I am very surprised why they failed to understand such simple requirements of buyers in India. Their 2.0 strategy is failed and now its time VW & Skoda much change their attitude towards customers (in the showroom & service centre).

I think it is difficult for them to revive sales of Slavia & more difficult for Virtus. I don't have much hope for them specially when Hyundai, MG & BYD likely to be very aggressive in 2023-24-25.
GoBabyGo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 09:21   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parag_bandkar View Post
Can you please recommend good Honda dealer at Pune?
There are TWO Honda dealers- Crystal and Deccan. Both have multiple branches across pune. But if you live in Pimpri-Chinchwad, then you have Deccan Honda in Pimpri as an only option.

My experience with Deccan Honda Pimpri (since 2013) has been decent.
UD17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 10:02   #78

Thank you UD17 and fhdowntheline. I will be visiting Bavdhan based Crystal Honda Showroom tomorrow.

I will share my experience. I am optimistic.

I am closely following Verna and Honda City 2023 thread. Still my mind and heart with Honda City 2023. Need to see in person!
Old 29th March 2023, 15:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
.. Japanese and Korean manufacturers put a strong perception that their vehicles are RELIABLE, Easy to Maintain & Fuel Efficient.
Not just perception, Japanese vehicles are extremely reliable and hassle free. Something that is consistently experienced over decades in our market now. They have earned it
for_cars1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 00:46   #80
BHPian

Picked my 2023 facelift City ZX CVT model before 2 weeks and completed the first 1000km service as well....

a. Honda reliability and premium feel moved from Skoda Rapid to Honda City due to lack for service facility of Skoda in Trivandrum
b. Very smooth engine and returns around 12-14 in city and got around 16 in the highway

Dislikes
a. Tyre is small in width for this size car
b. Electric seat adjustment could have been given for the top model
c. Electronic parking brake is missed and so is the wireless charger of the eHEV model so the centre console cup holder can be used to the max.

Needs Improvement
a. If we turn on the left side mirror camera or its on when the left indicator is on for turning left, an incoming call comes then neither the center console nor the dash will show the call info.

b. In the centre console the time can only be adjusted in the 12h format and not in 24h format.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-336926817_129867426590724_6743455924379432248_n.jpg  

2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-338690342_186421544165361_5241856167636328334_n.jpg  

2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-337516554_130103266672953_1659576065749054914_n.jpg  

2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-338187097_957985125542837_1482037065384389518_n.jpg  

2023 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-336899858_988271592158643_4203535978841100497_n.jpg  

jayakrishnan_v is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 17:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
As a long term City customer, I still can’t find a product that matches the no-nonsense nature of the Honda. There’s nothing in the segment that offers the same amount of space, ease of driving, reliability and premium feel that this car offers. No wonder Honda has not messed with the formula.

Our 2018 CVT is getting tired after 5 years of daily city beater duties and it looks like the Hybrid will be the 5th Honda City we welcome into our garage.
Apologies in advance for this rant like post but im a die hard Honda fan, and still own a 10+ year old Brio as well.

Have had Hondas in the family since the first gen in the 90s. have owned every generation besides OHC. this latest generation is the most disappointing. my review of my current city is a bit overdue and will cover in detail the cost cutting and rather stingy-ness which is very apparent in the latest gen.

To list a few glaring issues in my examples-
1. Exposed wires with no fabric sheathing in many places. people with rat infested garages beware.
2. Engine sounds rough at high RPMs and is way more audible inside thanks to very poor sound insulation.
3. under tyred as always but with the bigger size seems even more apparent when driven enthusiatically.
4. being a C2 segment which is the size that used to be the D segment without a Proper independant rear suspension (same for all in this segment) combined with the very soft setting inspires no confidence when driven at highway speeds.
5. still no rear disc brakes.
6. Absolutely potato quality of rear camera, does not even compare to OEM cameras from many budget brands from 10years ago.
7. infotainment is probably still the worst in segment.
8. Seat Belt does not go back in position since second month of ownership. have to coax it back. Multiple niggles in the first year of ownership. never had any in any previous honda products.

I switched back to the city for my father after a very eventful but very engaging ownership of a Vento TSI for about a 1,20,000kms. as long as im in the rear seats being driven by a chauffeur at city speeds its acceptable that too only in the hands of a competent driver as the CVT combo gets noisy.

the new city after my experience of about 90k kms in a 2011 VMT and further 1k kms in a 2020 ZX CVT leaves a lot to be desired. always had been a big fan of the L15b1 engine and used to look for swap options in my days owning the 2011 VMT but the state of tune and probably not the best intake solution its a big disappointment.

the only car i consider worthy of this segment at the moment is the Virtus, no experience with a Slavia (heard the suspension is softer) or the new Verna yet

TL/DR- New city not made like they used to. glaring cost cutting. tech seems extremely outdated already. Do not recommend for enthusiasts. would rather get a Virtus.
hellraiser_yank is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 00:01   #82
BHPian

I see physical buttons for ac control. That's a welcome move. Or its been the case with City always.

2021 Jazz top end doesn't have physical AC buttons and it's such a pain to switch on / off or adjust.
Old 14th April 2023, 01:32   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
I see physical buttons for ac control. That's a welcome move. Or its been the case with City always.

2021 Jazz top end doesn't have physical AC buttons and it's such a pain to switch on / off or adjust.
Honda reintroduced physical buttons for AC with the launch of fifth gen City in 2020. Infact all the global models of Honda have similar buttons and knobs for ACC.
Learner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 16:15   #84
BHPian

This is my third week with the 5th gen facelift. 700 kms on odo, I absolutely love driving this car in the city with moderate traffic. I have gone upto 100-120 km/hr on the Highways but the car kinda doesn't give me the confidence to go beyond 140. The cornering stability after 70+km/hr is bad.

My parents love the comfort and my friends are very happy with the rear seat comfort for 100-200 kms road trips. Have not done more than that. Have a 900 km road trip planned next month.

I am happy overall because I do not think I will drive beyond 100 km/hr very often. I parked my car in Apollo Hospitals parking and some @#$%## put a 1 cm dent on the front lower left bumper. I am crazy enough to replace the whole bumper for 8k but my wallet did not let me.

The pillars might be great but the build quality is not comparable to virtus/slavia.

More updates soon!
broke_enthu27 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 18:08   #85
BHPian

Question to long term owners, does the metal frame of the driver seat get heated over long periods of use?

I was in the middle of some terrible Bangalore traffic yesterday evening and when I accidentally brushed my hand the nuts and the tail were warm to touch.

The model is a Petrol V CVT for reference
Old 27th April 2023, 13:39   #86

Today, I am glad to announce that I have booked Honda City 2023 ZX CVT Blue Pearl color.
Car is readily available. Excitement multi-folded!

PDI is pending.

I have a question regarding Honda RSA and external Insurance RSA. Is there any difference?

I have received a collective quote of 66249 Insurance against 35580 (TATA AIG RTI with all addons). During first conversation itself, Honda Sales person agreed to offer me discount and ready to meet final price.

However I have yet not confirmed him that I will go with Honda Insurance or TATA AIG. I have checked that TATA AIG has tie up with them and tagged service centre as well.
Old 27th April 2023, 13:41   #87

I am attaching Honda City Cost sheet as of April 2023 which may change in coming days.

I have received price list from Crystal Honda, Bavdhan, Pune.

I had a weekday visit and overall experience is good.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Honda City MMC- Price List 2.3.2023.pdf (61.1 KB, 924 views)
Old 27th April 2023, 17:40   #88
BHPian

How is the spare parts and (asc) service costs like for the city? I have heard it's costly and hence the query. Is it reasonable like Toyota with almost nil parts replacement?
Old 28th April 2023, 01:01   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
How is the spare parts and (asc) service costs like for the city? ...Is it reasonable like Toyota with almost nil parts replacement?
Apart from consumables such as fluids during regular servicing and brake pads/disks at 60K KM (preventive maintenance) and battery every 5 years (preventive maintenance) and tyres at 30K KM and 90K KM, the only parts that have been changed in 9 years are two bulbs (one headlight and one tail light) and clutch plate at 1 lakh KMs (again preventive maintanance) and hot/cold air mixer switch as it was making some noise (after about 1 Lakh KM) touch wood

I used to get it serviced every 6 months during warranty period for the first 4 years and then once a year since the last 5 years and never even opted for extended warranty beyond 4 years. Honda engineering and quality is better than Toyota for sure in India (personal opinion)

Last edited by for_cars1 : 28th April 2023 at 01:13.
for_cars1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 17:50   #90
BHPian

Finally after nearly a years contemplation, I finally bought the Honda City facelift. I recently went on a drive from Mumbai to Nashik and I must say the car is lovely to drive. The best part was my kid did not complain a bit in the back seat and was very very comfortable.
I used the cruise control and lane assist a lot and I am impressed the way the car is handled when it is put in lane assist. EVEN IF the lane marking is slightly visible, then the car is able to maintain the lane even taking the curves easily.

One thing I am not sure about is the Fuel Efficiency though. Total distance I drove was 385kms, and I refilled the tank at the end of the trip. I was able to pump in 29.95 litres of petrol. That is just about 13kmpl for a good highway distance. I drove the car very sedately never going about even 90kmph.

Have others also witnessed a similar FE or is it just me?
Mumbaiker is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks