Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2023, 00:34   #16

Re: 2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look

I completed my PDI at Hyundai stockyard for Aura SX+ AMT. Sorely disappointed on some accounts.

(Mods kindly move to more appropriate location/thread on team bhp if required)

I noted many points out of the ordinary. Do correct me if I am wrong about anything.
List is not exhaustive. Will update after complete PDI once car is in showroom.

Manufacture date 03 June 2023.:
Odometer 10km
Dents,Scuffs,Scratches NIL
AC Vents Individually checked - No leakage when closed.
Door seals all new and no water logging signs.
All windows up and down controls in each door - OK
ORVM electrical functions OK
Reverse Camera working OK
Front seat recline and height functions - OK
AC controls and wireless charger - OK
All window panes having same manufacture s.no and date codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Refined 1.2L, 4-cylinder Kappa petrol engine is retained. It produces 82 BHP (@ 6,000 rpm) and 114 Nm max torque (@ 4,000 rpm), which is identical to the outgoing car. However, now it is RDE compliant, which means it will emit less than a certain amount of carbon dioxide in realistic driving conditions. It is also E20 fuel ready, which means it can run on petrol blended with 20% ethanol:
Right side near the battery a TCU or TPU is present with air cooled fin setup. Exclusive to AMT?
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614132250_01.jpg

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614132908.jpg

Fuse box -

The sticker on the inside of the fuse box lid shows 20Amp fuse 2 QTY on last line OR 10Amp fuse just below the Main relay.

The actual fuse is no where to be seen but, lights were working fine.
Waiting for owners manual to confirm actual fuse locations.
(No manual in the car at this point of time)

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614132948_01.jpg

AMT Unit?

In the showroom we were able to see a lever and cable setup on the bottom right of the engine bay. It was completely exposed to the road from the bottom.
In this case we see a different and completely enclosed setup and a small underbody protection mounting as well. Approx size is 10cm x 5cm.

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614132152_01.jpg

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614131821_01.jpg

Cost cutting

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614130852.jpg

Factory PDI checklist

It mentions type of manual but not if it is present or not.
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614130754_01.jpg

Tire rolling direction

On the left side Front and Rear tires i was able to verify tire manufacturing week. 17 week 23 year.
On the right side both tires i was unable to locate it.

Further search revealed that the tires have a small arrow mark shaped leaf type marking around the circumference.
Played with saturation, contrast and brightness to show the leaf-arrow in better detail.
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_223028.jpg

On the left side both front and rear they are pointing in correct forward direction.

On the right side they pointing in the reverse direction - indicating that this could have been fit incorrectly on the rims.

The manufacturing week stamp on both right side tires are on the inner side (user cannot read).
This does seem counterintuitive. So i checked another Aura with same MRF ZVTV A4 and it has the same rotation as this one.

This tire has no markings INSIDE and OUTSIDE like other ones. But at the same time there is no logic to painstakingly print arrow like leaves on the tires.

Left rear
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614131126_01.jpg

Left front
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614131147_01.jpg

Right front
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614131200.jpg

Right rear
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614131240_01.jpg

Alternator Coil

It is either dark paint or burnt coil. Unsure of the repercussions on leaving this one to chance.
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_224826.jpg

Insulating foam spray

Foam spray is done upto a certain height and seems to be intentional to stop there.
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_225338.jpg

3rd Passenger 3 Point seat belt

This is the arrangement done to bring the 3 point seat belt to the rear center passenger as well.
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_225252.jpg

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_232005.jpg

Hill Hold Assist

My SA and I were surprised by this. The hill hold assist was NOT working in this car. I tried 3 or 4 times and checked and double checked the Traction control ON and any messages in MID.

It dint work at all. The gradient was barely there and yet the car chooses to roll back first and then due to creep function it moves forward. During test drive I specifically checked this feature and it held the vehicle rock solid on a much steeper slope for more than 3 seconds before disengaging brake.

Is it possible that the car can't figure out it needs to hold unless the gradient is higher? Or maybe a simple software check and update would restore this functionality?

Either way this is going to be a deal maker or breaker. I have asked the SA to check the vehicle once it arrives at showroom with his service personnel.

Underframe

Noticed some anomaly in the underframe.
Could it be welding mark or paint?

Will be requesting to hoist the vehicle for thorough inspection once it reaches the showroom.

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_234527.jpg

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230614_234612.jpg

Panel gaps

The body panels seem to be off. The lines are not continuous between panels
OR
This could be because the edge of the tail light plastic assembly is controlling the body panel position and not the other way around.

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614134502.jpg

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614134515_01.jpg

Other notes:
Paint stands out under direct sunlight -

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614141556.jpg

and gives a much darker look when under a shade.

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614125141_01.jpg

The bonnet is also made up of two piece sandwich sheet metal. One handles exterior looks and the other stiffens from underneath.

Spot Welded in many locations and crimped on the edges.

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614134212.jpg

Hyundai logo stamping is done on other side.

2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img20230614134243.jpg

Spoiler alert!:
ABS marking found just below reflector/lamp on the center of the spoiler
2023 Hyundai Aura Facelift : A Close Look-img_20230615_002615.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 15th June 2023 at 04:42. Reason: Spacing; extra smileys deleted
shrinandiyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 12:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinandiyer View Post
I completed my PDI at Hyundai stockyard for Aura SX+ AMT
Am choosing between this same model and the Amaze SX CVT myself. What made you go in for the Aura and how has your first week been with your new car? I think the cruise control, rear ac vents, better touch screen, additional air bags, better instrument panel design are making me veer towards the Aura.
Old 18th June 2023, 12:28   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Am choosing between this same model and the Amaze SX CVT myself. What made you go in for the Aura and how has your first week been with your new car? I think the cruise control, rear ac vents, better touch screen, additional air bags, better instrument panel design are making me veer towards the Aura.
The feature list is definitely in favour of the Aura, however, the CVT transmission of the Amaze is better than the AMT on the Aura, moreover the Amaze is a 4-star NCAP rated car whereas the Aura only got 2 stars. other than these two major factors, everything else feels better in the Aura than the Amaze in my opinion.

P.S. We only have an Amaze in our family, but have had extended drives with the Aura.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 17:40   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have planned to take delivery this upcoming week.
That is provided the showroom folks able to debunk the fuse and alternator situation.
They have assured me however the Hill Hold works and will be testing it in showroom before car heads out for registration.

Coming to why Aura over Amaze, -
We are biased towards Aura because of the colour. Aqua Teal.
Shiny under sunlight and dark under shade.

Other than that, the list is as follows.
  • Cost - 10.7 Approx on road after bargaining (Mostly Self insurance + Extended warranty)
    Compared to 11.5+ for the Amaze. (Instant frowns when Self insurance was mentioned)
  • CVT is refined, but this AMT is better suited for my needs.
  • Seating comfort in Aura and Grand i10 is better than Amaze thanks to the extended thigh support.
  • CVT doesn't come with Cruise control for some reason.
  • No rear AC Vents in Amaze
  • Paddle shifters were not appealing especially when counterintuitive to how a CVT works. Why override the CVTs distinct advantage of having infinite gear ratios by using paddle shifters and forcing it into a fixed ratio - thereby throwing the complete engine and transmission Control Unit into confusion?

Maybe
  • Not sure if Hill Hold and other features are available in Amaze.
  • MRF in Aura vs Ecopia in Amaze. Not the best in both worlds.
  • Rear Camera for parking is OK in Aura but no dynamic guides. And only 2 Capacitive parking sensors.
    Haven't compared to what Honda has but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Amaze over Aura
  • Sure 4 star rating is a big plus in Amaze but I believe the points system of NCAP would lead to this version atleast becoming a 3 star due to upgrades in safety department. 4 airbags as standard and host of system upgrades.
  • CVT available in mid variant as well.
  • Slight edge in ground clearance (2 or 3 mm)
  • Has a front armrest (atleast as a listed accessory)

Cost of Amaze top-end can be cut down if you prefer to have your own insurance and bargain a bit. But it's unlikely to get below 10L OTR.

Exter is getting a dashcam as part of package. I hope someday it gets added as a genuine accessory for Grand i10/Aura.
shrinandiyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 18:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinandiyer View Post
Coming to why Aura over Amaze, -
We are biased towards Aura because of the colour. Aqua Teal.
Cost of Amaze top-end can be cut down if you prefer to have your own insurance and bargain a bit. But it's unlikely to get below 10L OTR.
Thank you for the detailed response. I was offered 40k discount in Amaze VX CVT or 25k with self insurance. On this Aura AMT, i was offered 20K with self insurance. Aura back seat is a bit low, my wife gets claustrophobic in that car but since it is for my son, i am still considering it for the similar reasons. My brother has an aura amt and he gets 13kmpl as mileage in the city while i am being told the Amaze mileage is quite low at about 8-9kmpl.
Amaze i saw in Chennai had MRF as OEM.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks